What if a Democratic President Revealed all these secrets?
6 responses | 0 likes
Started by joj - Sept. 10, 2019, 8:10 p.m.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/09/opinion/trump-intelligence-national-security.html?action=click&module=Opinion&pgtype=Homepage

"And too many in power, including almost all of the Republican Party, have grown used to the president deploying national security secrets in the same way he once traded tabloid gossip. He discloses American intelligence to deflect attention from unflattering stories, suck up to people he wants to impress, or simply on a whim. He treats it, as he treats everything else in American government, as a private tool of self-gratification."

It's not that he's a Russian spy or guilty of treason.  It's just that he's just a bit clueless.

Comments
By metmike - Sept. 10, 2019, 8:59 p.m.
Like Reply

joj,

You don't have to put this post under the thread that I changed just for you yesterday at your request but why ask for something, have me make the adjustment because I thought that's what you wanted, then act differently?

I'm confused but want to make this place user friendly so did I miss something?

New Trump Bashing/Criticizing Thread for cliff-e(and others)

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/37419/      

By joj - Sept. 9, 2019, 6:06 a.m.            

"I find the term "Trump Bashing Thread" to be incendiary.

If the goal were civil discourse, perhaps "A Trump Criticizing Thread" ?

By metmike - Sept. 9, 2019, 10:39 a.m.            

Agreed, thanks.

Changed it for you.

New Trump Criticizing Thread for cliff-e(and others)

By joj - Sept. 11, 2019, 3:08 a.m.
Like Reply

I started a new thread because it is a different topic.

The topic is our intelligence and our security.

Corruption would be another thread.

Destroying our institutions would be another thread.

Racist rhetoric would be another thread.

Chaotic management style would be another thread.

etc...

Would you have all criticism of Trump under one thread?

By mcfarm - Sept. 11, 2019, 10:38 a.m.
Like Reply

racist rhetoric...destroying our institutions......just who is looking clueless here

By TimNew - Sept. 11, 2019, 10:42 a.m.
Like Reply

Well 1st, you have to understand that anytime a white conservative (preferably male) criticizes a member of any of the designated victim groups,  that's racist.

"Destroying institutions"..  I've not yet heard what exactly this is,  but it's about Trump and it sounds bad,  so that's good enough.  

By metmike - Sept. 11, 2019, 10:57 a.m.
Like Reply

"Would you have all criticism of Trump under one thread?"

Just trying to understand you guys and give you what you requested without the problems of the past.

You will start new threads on the critiquing(which we revised from bashing at your good suggestion) which are the same topic and even the same exactl article/source. Maybe you forgot my posting on this  early this year but 65% of our threads, outside of those from me and Carl were Trump Bashing/Trolling. 

The biggest offender refused to adjust(so he sends me moderator messages where I'm known as "Trumptard", along with his predator pal who gushes hate, directed at me personally as well as anyone here who states something he disagrees with..........making the strongest message possible that I did the BEST thing by banning these guys. 

Since our world and people in it is are clearly obsessed with their hatred for Trump and  my mission here is focusing on messages of love, human compassion, truth(while exposing fraud)..........as well as providing interesting and useful weather, climate, trading and other information in a positive atmosphere.........I MUST constantly monitor the Trump trolling threads to keep them from completely taking over again.

Just to remind you joj. You are a much valued poster, who contributes an enormous amount of good stuff. If everybody was like you, I probably would not be addressing these Trump posts of yours(I addressed Tim's Obama bashing post the same way as you saw)...........and Tim may be our biggest trading related contributor. 

So although Obama bashing is no longer as fashionable with him gone, to be fair, I treat it just like Trump bashing.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/34963/

So the real world tells us that Trump bashing/trolling will quickly take over here again if I don't manage it. 

Currently,  it's not close to being out of control and I am perfectly fine with how you want to do things on this specific.............. if you want to have separate threads or not (as long as you don't start new threads with the same exact topic-those belong under the original thread please)and I make long winded statements like this to be transparent. 

By wglassfo - Sept. 12, 2019, 2:07 a.m.
Like Reply

HI Mike

I started a new thread

It was mostly to inform the forum that china and argentina were in talks to build ports on the Parana river to buy beans from Argentina

The thing is, I don't know if I included Trump bashing, or if I was beating on those who believe Trump will win the trade war

I am sure I used some old material, just posted differently

So when I post about Trumps failure to win the trade war [at least in my opinion] and use the agreement with argentina and china as further proof of why Trump is losing the trade war, then it becomes very easy to do a Trump bashing thread, if I use a rehash of old material, ??  It's kind of hard not to rehash some old material to make my point about the trade war, while including this new information

I try to end with a question, but sometimes I may not do so

Am I correct to start a new thread or what would you like me to do?? I really did not think a Trump bashing thread was the place to talk about the argentina sale of beans to china.