USD
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - Sept. 18, 2019, 6:05 p.m.

I have a question re: USD

Today the USD spiked higher

It is my impression this spike occurred after Powell indicated that QE4 was very possible

Now if Powell is going to flood the market with currency, [QE4] why would the USD go higher

What do I not understand as my thought would be, more currency printing = weaker USD

And then the repo market gets mixed into all of this which I understand zip other than some kind of liquidity crisis exists

So what is going on in the financial/banking markets

Does anybody know including Powell

It seems like 30% of todays financial news was all about repo markets, that a crisis is brewing and I know zip

How the heck can we have a currency crisis when printing of 100.00 USD bills is at an all time high [so I read some place]

Comments
Re: USD
0 likes
By Richard - Sept. 18, 2019, 6:27 p.m.
Like Reply

Two things you need to understand. The first is that the US Federal Reserve is a Narcissist enterprise. They would not allow the Fed Head to talk about policy and have the USD go down. The second is that the US Fed trades the markets (With obvious inside information) on a daily basis. So, . . . .Yesterday the US Dollar went down. The FED/Goldman Sachs, sold dollars yesterday and then bought them back today. That is how they do things. There were NO legit hedge funds that said, OH QE, lets buy USD. It is all smoke and mirrors.  

Re: USD
0 likes
By Richard - Sept. 19, 2019, 11:16 p.m.
Like Reply

haha. . . look at the USD. It went down today just as much as it went up yesterday. All smoke and mirrors, courtesy of the Fed and Goldman