Jimmy Carter-Habitat for Humanity
5 responses | 2 likes
Started by metmike - Oct. 11, 2019, 6:46 p.m.

As many know, Jimmy Carter was my favorite president because of his character and honesty back when I was younger and only cared about those traits when voting and ignored agenda.

But that's not why I have this interview here. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/trump-impeachment-inquiry/carter-s-impeachment-advice-trump-tell-truth-change-n1064006

Carter has continued to dedicate his life to help the less fortunate, especially with all the work that he has done with Habitat for Humanity. I admire him as a human being more than almost anybody. 

NBC conducted a wonderful interview with him earlier this week. If you watch and listen to the interview, you will be touched by the generosity and message of this 95 year old man.

But the wonderful part was just a ruse they used to set up Carter so they could promote a hate and attack Trump message............instead of a help the needy and homeless message that it should have been about.

I will demonstrate to you exactly what I mean and how the scheming MSM is focused on spreading hate vs love.

NBC(Andrea Mitchell) set up this interview with Carter and his Habitat partner a couple of days prior, probably as part of the dozens of other stories their news department was covering..........under the guise(to Carter) of covering the cause. As you'll see, those conniving scoundrels used this saintly  man to turn it into a main message of Trump bashing(which is what their objective was from the get go) instead of what they pretended it was going to be  to Carter when they set the interview up.

How do we know this?

The actual interview is excellent!

Well over the first half of the interview is about Habitat for Humanity. Carter is out there at 95 and after a huge fall that would have resulted in most people being at home recovering. As they set him up, during the 2nd half of the interview,  they first ask him a question about age being a factor for the older dems running for president. This is actually a great question and being asked to a perfect person to give his opinion.

Then, they ask the question about the main item they made this article about.... Trump. This also is an excellent question and he would also be a person(though he admits biased as a democrat) that should be heard from on it.

How do we know that the Trump question/answer was the only one that they ever cared about and was their objective from the get go?

1. They knew they were going to ask that question and waited to set him up by asking it last.

2. The bold headline of the article(nothing about Habitat for Humanity):

"Carter's impeachment advice to Trump: 'Tell the truth...for a change'"

3. The subtitle below that(nothing about Habitat for Humanity):

"The former president said that despite the long odds in the Senate, "of course impeachment [of the current president] is possible, and removal from office is possible."

4. Subtitle below that(Nothing about Habitat for Humanity): 

Jimmy Carter:  "White House is trying to stonewall"

5. Almost the entire article is then about impeaching Trump. This reporter has 8 paragraphs, starting from the top about impeaching Trump.........then, finally at the very end, the last 2 paragraphs are about this worthy cause, Habitat for Humanity.......thrown in for good measure as an after thought.

6. There is nothing in there about old age being a factor running for president. They may have threw that question in to help set him up.

This reporter below is just another biased(using one of my favorite human beings like this is deserving of getting called out in public) political activist that uses her position of power in the MSM and cheap tricks like this to impose her belief system on unsuspecting viewers who don't realize what she just did.

Andrea MitchellAndrea Mitchell

Andrea Mitchell, NBC's chief foreign affairs correspondent, is also the host of "Andrea Mitchell Reports," an hour of political news and interviews with top newsmakers on MSNBC.

ps. I was the main anchor(chief meteorologist) for a local news station for 11 years and understand how interviews are set  up, how reporters, assignment editors and producers work together and in a case like this KNOW what they want to say before the camera comes on and then, take/edit what they want from footage/interviews to say it.

Using the quintessential example of a person that represents  Love  in order to promote a message because you hate somebody.

Does Mitchell hate Trump?

I don't know enough about her to say for certain but this is exactly what hate causes you to do...........violate integrity/ethical/honesty and professional journalism standards to get somebody you don't like. 

Finally,

I am not saying all reporters are like this and for sure most of the news that's delivered is top notch and unbiased(probably from her too). However, this is not an example of that.  Call it the Trump derangement syndrome or whatever. Rather than just claim it exists or that certain individuals have it because of their views, I show here, clearly the evidence of how it affects actions..........in the MSM.

Comments
By metmike - Oct. 11, 2019, 8:30 p.m.
Like Reply

Follow up to expose this person and how they used a great man and cause for their biased political agenda:

When I found this story, I was just searching the news for Trump related items to post here.

Anything that has Jimmy Carter in it is going to captivate me, so I quickly went to that link and the interview. From the title, I assumed that, from the get go it was going to be about Trump.

I was very pleasantly surprised that it wasn't and to listen to the wonderful interview from this great man and his cause but as it went along, I was thinking "what the heck, we're 5 minutes into an interview on nothing but Habitat for Humanity and Jimmy Carter's role, so where is all this stuff in the titles about Trump?

During the 2nd half, then the Trump questions came up and I watched to the very end. 

OK, fair enough, now let's actually read the written article that goes with the interview.

Considering that the setting/background during the entire 10+ minutes  is of people building houses and this is what they talked about for more than the first half of the interview and they had several copies of the book "Our Better Angels" (about this movement) on a table in front of them to promote Habitat for Humanity, I figured something like 90% or more of the article/story would be on Habitat for Humanity.

Instead, 80% was on Trump and impeachment and the 20% on Habitat for Humanity was at the very end. Additionally, all the titles were about Trump/Impeachment.

What a frickin low, self serving thing to do and betrayal of Jimmy Carter's intentions of the interview. 

The interview below from a different  source shows you why Jimmy Carter was really out there in Nashville  and conducting interviews that morning....... promoting a message of love and the new book.....which is the one Jimmy Carter wanted presented in his previous interview but he got betrayed by this unethical MSM reporter. 

Our Better Angels: A new book by Jonathan Reckford

•Oct 8, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHMnQpU3UTo

Habitat for Humanity      

Our Better Angels, written by Habitat CEO Jonathan Reckford with a foreword by President Carter, is available now. The two sat down at the 2019 Carter Work Project to discuss the book and Habitat’s greater impact. Learn more at https://habitat.org/betterangels.

By metmike - Oct. 11, 2019, 8:46 p.m.
Like Reply

I didn't know anything about this reporter before. The name sounds familiar and she's obviously been around a long time based on what I looked up but I just don't remember anything about her.

So I did look her up because after reading this story, I was thinking............."no way that somebody like this is not going to have a history" 

Lot's of stuff actually. I'll just post this one below from this past Summer, an opinion from the Washinton Examiner.....yeah, they see things with a different perspective than the MSM but did you think the MSM would tell us what I just showed you about her abusing the ethics of objective professional journalism?

Andrea Mitchell messes up again, and coincidentally, it's in defense of Democrats

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/andrea-mitchell-messes-up-again-and-coincidentally-its-in-defense-of-democrats

Again, don't dwell on an op ed opinion or even my opinion. Do look at the facts about how she blatantly misled and used President Jimmy Carter. 

If she did it this blatantly this one time that I read her, then, no way she doesn't do it at other times.

Freedom of the press!

How sad that the press abuses that freedom to impose their belief system on Americans. Half of the MSM/press consists of progressive activists(that represent 8% of the general population)  that went into that profession so that they could affect the world. 

This is what they do.

On the next few pages, you'll see what good people in this world do to make it a better place. 

By metmike - Oct. 11, 2019, 8:56 p.m.
Like Reply

Habitat for Humanity

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habitat_for_Humanity

The mission statement of Habitat for Humanity is "Seeking to put God's love into action, Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities and hope".[2] Homes are built using volunteer labor and Habitat makes no profit on the sales.[1] In some locations outside the United States, Habitat for Humanity charges interest to protect against inflation. This policy has been in place since 1986. Habitat has helped more than 4 million people construct, rehabilitate or preserve more than 800,000 homes since its founding in 1976, making Habitat the largest not-for-profit builder in the world.

By metmike - Oct. 11, 2019, 8:59 p.m.
Like Reply

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_%26_Rosalynn_Carter_Work_Project

The Jimmy & Rosalynn Carter Work Project - formerly the Jimmy Carter Work Project (JCWP) - is an annual home building blitz organized by Habitat for Humanity International and its affiliates. It generally takes place in the United States one year, and an international location the next.[1][2]  President Jimmy Carter and Rosalynn Carter helped Habitat volunteers renovate the 19-unit building, and media coverage brought attention to Habitat, which had been founded in 1976 in Americus, Georgia, a short distance from Carter's hometown of Plains, Georgia.[3] Even though President Carter has said repeatedly he never intended to start an annual project, the following year  the Carters returned to the same site to finish the renovation work. On Oct. 10, 2013, as part of the 30th annual project, the Carters returned to the building and met with families living there.[4]

By 2018, the Jimmy & Rosalynn Carter Work Project had helped 4,331 families move into safe, affordable shelter in 14 countries. Over the years, more than 103,000 volunteers from all over the world have signed up to build alongside the Carters.[5]

By metmike - Oct. 11, 2019, 9:16 p.m.
Like Reply

Those that know me, know that I share Jimmy Carters belief system in helping those less fortunate, including in the past,  men at our local Rescue Mission, Easter Seals, Habitat for Humanity and still active chess coach at 5 schools after coaching 3,000 youth over the last 25 years...............in case your wondering why this particular thread has gone bonkers from just one story.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/34791/

https://www.courierpress.com/story/news/local/2019/03/09/spring-chess-tournament-opens-young-minds-new-possibilities/3097513002/