Preferred broker
6 responses | 0 likes
Started by MarkB - Oct. 27, 2019, 1:14 a.m.

I'm looking at possibly switching brokers. Looking for one that has low commissions and a comprehensive charting/trading platform. Any suggestions?

Comments
By bryen - Oct. 27, 2019, 11:29 a.m.
Like Reply

I can help you with that.  Let me contact the moderator to see how we could get in touch.

By baker - Oct. 27, 2019, 8:12 p.m.
Like Reply

Since they don't charge commissions, you won't have to worry about comissions.

So basicly most of the brokers would be OK.  

I use 3 brokers and have no problem with any of them.

So just pick the 2 or 3 you over all like and give them a trial run.

By 7475 - Oct. 27, 2019, 8:41 p.m.
Like Reply

Mark

Without knowing your trading frequency kind of stupid to ask what you consider a low commission.

I pay $20- for round turn including fees.

I have access to several platforms and I use one of their cheaper ones maybe $25- month.No decent charting service with that so I find free alternates.

Ill do 10 trades a week(average and not sure I can say how accurate that number is) but that varies like crazy.

All online unless I get reprimanded by the broker of the day for over stepping my limitations.

High Ridge Futures-got there by default when my other closed shop.

John

By metmike - Oct. 27, 2019, 11:05 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks baker and 7475!

bryen from above contacted me. My response is on the next post and applies to all brokers here. I know that bcb has contributed some good thoughts in the past and is a  likely a good broker but I am going to stay out of referring any person or place.

I've only had a conversation with my broker 1 time in the last 5 years and am actually trading at a place outside of where he has his other clients. It's Gary Fullet at LTG Trading.  

I trade at Iron Beam trading for $7/round turn. For me, having depth of market in the platform is the most important element of trading. I get their charts too and pay an extra $50/month for everything. I am not going to recommend them but also have  nothing bad to say about them.

I was with MFG in 2011 when they went bankrupt, then with PFG in 2012 when they went bankrupt and lost a 6 figure sum of money the 2nd time and never recovered. 

By metmike - Oct. 27, 2019, 11:07 p.m.
Like Reply

Hi Bryen,

Thanks for contacting me.  

Ordinarily, I would steer away from this sort of thing but instead, will open up the forum to everybody that wants to bring information about their broker or if they are a broker, what you offer, including rates, charting services and platforms and at what additional costs.

Rather than you and others just providing a link to your site on MarketForum, which you will still want to do,  can you also summarize some basic features offered and cost for an experienced trader like Mark seems to be?

What I will ask in return is for brokers to share market information/insight, if that's part of what you offer and to share this freely. I already provide data from reports like the EIA report for natural gas and all the USDA reports as well as the weather and how it affects certain markets.  I'm looking for stuff that you would charge clients for ordinarily.  

You have an opportunity to display your market expertise and knowledge. This is something new, so maybe at the end of the week, I can have a thread thanking brokers that helped provide meaningful information that week,  along with their contact information.

We have a ton of lurkers that come to just view my stuff but don't contribute.........which is great, they are very welcome to do that, I enjoy sharing my professional knowledge on weather and markets  for free. What we need are more quality posters on all subjects. Brokers are usually smart people that have opinions on other non trading topics. You are encouraged to give us comments/opinions in the NTR section too.

Related to this, I am having an extraordinarily tough time finding and keeping people that are critical of Trump that can communicate in an acceptable manner(without making personal attacks on fellow posters and/or using foul language) or that don't get upset and quit when I provide facts which contradict their opinions and statements.  

It's also ok if you support Trump and express that too and even better if your world doesn't revolve around him and you can tell us about other things.

Mike

By MarkB - Oct. 29, 2019, 2:32 p.m.
Like Reply

I admit that I lurk more than I post these days. I miss the rousing conversations we used to have 20 years ago. Which could be even better now, since we can post charts and links to information.

I would agree with the restrictions of brokers advertising in the discussion section. However, Mike, you have my permission to give my email to any broker that wants to contact me via private means.

I find myself trading anywhere from 1-3 times/day, depending on what the markets are doing. I seldom hold long term positions. And I use stops aggressively, because I don't like leaving money on the table.