Loss of confidence - it is a real threat
1 response | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - Oct. 31, 2019, 8:35 p.m.

From what I read china now has had bank runs of four different banks. Now these banks jointly do not represent a very large % of the total banking system  in china

But china is very worried, make no mistake about that. It seems that word spread through out social media that these banks are in trouble. Three of them failed to post earning reports on time, which in china is viewed as the 1st step to insolvency. Now as you know in china the people have very few if any rights and china chose to shoot the messenger by detaining two people for spreading false information. At the same time banks tried to encourage customers to not with draw their funds by sweet deals such as increasing int rates on deposits and other things. But as you know fear can spread rapidly and china knows and fears this contagion affect.

Unfortunately, the people had lost confidence in their bANKS AND HAD ALSO SEEN THIS PLAYED OUT BEFORE. eXPEERIENCE LEARNED WAY BACK WHEN, WAS THE EARLY PEOPLE TO WITH DRAW GOT THEIR MONEY. tHE PEOPLE WHO LISTENED TO BANK PROPAGANDA LOST ALL THEIR MONEY {Sorry about the caps, it is hard with a thunb that is damaged and wrapped up]

I am sure many of you already know this story but I thought it important enough to think there may be any number of reason's the trade war might not go so well for china. Of course the real reason may be so far out there nobody even imagined it possible to affect china so much, as to force them to negotiate a trade deal in good faith. 

Stranger things have happened

Although I have posted china will never sign a trade deal that means any thing, it could happen.

Comments
By GunterK - Oct. 31, 2019, 9:10 p.m.
Like Reply

thanks for the info