Crazy rulesfor Ca
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - Nov. 4, 2019, 8:41 a.m.

I diid not know this

5 yrs ago Ca passed proposition 47 which means any theft of property with a value of less than 950.00  i classified as a misdeaomer, which gives the green lght to shop lifters

Merchants can not stop shop lifting because a call to the police will, in most times, not even get a response

This reduces the number of crimes and the crime rate has fallen in certain areas

Comments
By GunterK - Nov. 4, 2019, 9:15 a.m.
Like Reply

Proposition 47, also known by its ballot title Criminal Sentences. Misdemeanor Penalties. The measure was also referred to by its supporters as the Safe Neighborhoods and Schools Act (originally titled by California Attorney General Kamala Harris)

I recently drove through Compton, CA, and stopped at a convenience store. Highschool was out, and a horde of teenagers were in that store. Some actually paid, others just grabbed what they wanted and left

The law not only encourages shoplifters, it turns a generation of young people into thieves.

By TimNew - Nov. 4, 2019, 12:16 p.m.
Like Reply

Yes.  For some reason,  democrats feel that an effective way to reduce crime stats is to stop counting them. That was the thinking that was a major cause for the Parkland shooting.

Sorta like an NFL coach deciding to improve their fumble record by no longer counting them.