Politics and Founding Father
3 responses | 0 likes
Started by mikempt - Nov. 10, 2019, 8:30 a.m.

Comments
By 7475 - Nov. 10, 2019, 8:54 a.m.
Like Reply

MTP

Its real and you see what its already done'

Progress at first ceases then reverses.

Good quote Mike, we see how long that thought has been on the minds of true patriots.

John

By metmike - Nov. 10, 2019, 5:44 p.m.
Like Reply

One of the best quotes in American history!

By TimNew - Nov. 10, 2019, 5:53 p.m.
Like Reply

The founders never saw elected positions as career choices.  They envisioned farmer Jones reluctantly doing his civic duty and heading to DC for a few years, then returning to run the farm. Much like jury duty, and as I recall,  PJ made a credible argument for treating elections much the same as jury duty. I don't totally agree,  but it's probably the best alternative absent an informed electorate,  which seems impossible.

There is no easier way for a person who is otherwise qualified to be a used car salesman to become a millionaire. And  as we continue to vote for more and more government, giving up more and more freedoms,  the prospect for these opportunists will only become more attractive. Once they have control of our healthcare, which has been the goal for decades,   they will own us outright. And many of us are all for it.

Here's an even better quote.  "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."

Thomas Jefferson, to Archibald Stuart, 1791