Bayer/MonsantoCclass Action law suit
1 response | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - Nov. 22, 2019, 1:04 a.m.

It looks like Canada finally made headlines

Some Canadian activists group [for lack of  better terminology and memory]]

have launched a Class Action Law Suit against Bayer/Monsanto claiming their product "Roundup" has caused harm and deaths from the  use of Round up

The common harmful effect is cancer caused by round up

Canada now joins others in the USA and other countries

Yea for Canada but for all the wrong reasons from my perch in the peanut gallery 

Once you get lawyers involved

Any kind of senerio is possible

Never say never

One thing a person could ask

What the heck did we do?? when we as farmers, did not have access to round up. I am not dead yet and I remember farming with out round up. Heck it wasn't even discovered until later in my farming career.

Round up made large scale farming possible. Is that good???

Round up gave us bigger yields. Is that good???

Farmers were as financially successfull before and after round up

We would not have such large corn, beans surplus [debatable] if there was no more round up

So: Why do we, as farmers think we need round up??? Or any generic form of round up?? It's not as if we are going back to the horse and buggy days. All it does is kill many different kinds of vegetation, mostly what we call weeds. And your garden, flowers, veggies etc on any patch of ground you call home and we cuss the wind for spray drift over your property

Do you think round up should be removed from the market place

Or:

Does Bayer/Monsanto deserve to be slapped with a giant settlement for damages etc??

Some people think no jury will ever rule in favour of a Class Action Law Suit against the product roundup

I disagree

I think Bayer/Monsanto is at great risk of losing in some court room, some where

Then it becomes

Katty bar the door

[Bayer is the parent Co. of Monsanto]

Comments
By metmike - Nov. 22, 2019, 11:20 p.m.
Like Reply

I use round up several times a year to spot spray around our property. Great stuff!

I also use a broadleaf, crabgrass and nutsedge weed killer several times a year.

For 2 decades I was a huge vegetable and flower gardener(our entire backyard) and did tons of  spraying. 

Probably used up to a dozen different chemicals every year(fungicides, pesticides, herbicides mostly) and applied them liberally and often would get my body wet and clothes half soaked and be breathing the suspended small droplets in.

Trying to get aphids that are covering the underside of all the leaves on your pepper plants, for instance meant spraying at some awkward angles to achieve full coverage but the spray would get all over me. 

In retrospect, this was pretty dumb/careless but I never got sick. I would just jump in the shower immediately after to wash the stuff off. 

I was more careful with Diazinon though because of reading some bad stuff about it. Diazinon was taken off the market around 15 years ago. 

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2005-jan-01-na-pest1-story.html