new home sales - wow
5 responses | 0 likes
Started by bear - Nov. 26, 2019, 10:30 a.m.

sales down for oct, but... y-o-y sales are up 31% ... wow, that is a big gain.  

https://www.kitco.com/news/2019-11-26/U-S-New-Home-Sales-miss-expectations-for-October-see-big-upside-revision-for-September.html

we'll see if that continues.

Comments
By wglassfo - Nov. 26, 2019, 11:22 a.m.
Like Reply

I wonder if the 5.3% supply of unsold houses is normal??

Maybe demand is strong enough for the supply of unsold houses

I don't follow this market

I was getting reports that Miami housing was a dead market but obviously Miami is not the place to be with unsold houses

The USA is a big market and Miami is just one small part

Or my info could be wrong

By cutworm - Nov. 27, 2019, 9:47 a.m.
Like Reply

UPDATE: Permits for new-home construction hits post-recession record high in October

9:37 am ET November 20, 2019 (MarketWatch)
 Print

By Jacob Passy 

Housing starts also rose 3.8% as builders look to construct many more homes across the country ...

Big picture: The marked increase in permitting activity underscores the sense that sentiment has improved among home builders. The home-builder confidence index released by the National Association of Home Builders hit a 20-month high in October, though it's since fallen slightly. 

By cutworm - Nov. 27, 2019, 9:50 a.m.
Like Reply

From Bears article ; September’s sales were revised to a rate of 738,000 units, the highest level since July 2007.

By bear - Nov. 27, 2019, 10:34 a.m.
Like Reply

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-11-27/u-s-pending-home-sales-slip-1-7-in-october-on-inventory-drop?srnd=premium

today,  pending home sales up 4%  y-o-y ... that is a good number.  (if the contracts are signed).  

i assume that means both new homes, and existing homes.  

very strange that freight traffic is down substantially,  yet home sales are doing fine.  

By Jim_M - Nov. 27, 2019, 11:08 a.m.
Like Reply

If you're Trump, why would you concede anything to the Chinese.  It's way past time, that we made the rules.