Carbon tax
1 response | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - Nov. 27, 2019, 9:22 a.m.

This carbon tax is getting out of hand here in Canada

Mt research show Canada has already contributed 4 billion to the inteernational fund to help those less able to convert to less carbon pollution as our govv't calls it

Just using the word "pollution" conjures up scary images of the wworld's future

And we are committed to ever higher amounts in the future with the last contribution at 600 million/yr that I coyld find. There was no date on the article so I can't be exact on how much and when

Now Canada has a large land mass we travell long distance to market our ressources be it grain, oil or just personal travel. This uses energy and yet we waant to be the world leader in some thing

Some of the provinces have gone to court to fight the carbon tax but opposition sems to be weakenig

Our GDP is a healthy 3.5% increase YOY which is amazing but can you imagine what it would be wwith out this carbon tax

Our farm paid 1000's in energy tax just for fuel and LP

My city cousins pay pennies for pump gas and we all get am exemtion on our income tax. Problem is the exemtion is the same for everybody so the pump gas is mostly off set by the income tax exemtion

Not so for our farm as the exemtion is not even close to what we spent

Our Canadian Corp will be hit even harder but so long as it does not come out of your pocket this climate tax or  carbon tax seems like a wondeful idea

I suppose it is the same all over

It depends on whose ox is being gored

Comments
Re: Carbon tax
0 likes
By metmike - Nov. 27, 2019, 1:23 p.m.
Like Reply

The carbon tax will do ZERO to affect the weather/climate. That is just a fake marketing scheme to sell it as a "save the planet" measure supporsedly coming from altruistic sources.............WRONG!

It will do as designed...........generate revenue for government(s) by adding more tax to the consumer cost of gasoline.