Farmers complain if no payment coming
7 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - Dec. 13, 2019, 4:54 p.m.

So Trump just completed a deal with china

You can interprete the details any way you want

The big thing for me is

CME went up today

I know most of you do not farm so I want to bring you up to date

Farmers are worried they may not recieve the last payment meant to offset the china trade war, The reason is: if CME goes up a lot, then it might be hard to justify tax payer money going to millionaire farmers. SO: Do you want CME to go up or not?? I do.

Golly Gee. The americian farmer already received tax payer money payments, in 2019. What other segment of industry was given tax payer money as a result of the trade war. Your corner variety store, hardware store, etc  These stores are also mostly family owned and not many of them are millionaires

It seems to me, the more you get the more you want

I compete on the same world market you do, with out one dime of tax payer money

In fact I pay an energy tax

The USAMCA took part of our milk industry, but will not benefit your milk industry one bit. That was pure headline politics

If I am wrong, then please explain

We both sell on the same CME world market and you do recieve far more subsidy than I do

So: What will be the next thing the amrerician farmer will want

Why not just get on with the job of farming, and stop with the complaining

Have you priced a piece of equipment with a 1.35 loony

That is the price we paid at the bank, yesterday

Comments
By mcfarm - Dec. 13, 2019, 6:09 p.m.
Like Reply

Yes you are right Wayne. I have stated right here on these pages many times we should burn the USDA down along with the department of education, the FBI, the CIA, the NSA and a few more swine at the trough

By metmike - Dec. 13, 2019, 6:50 p.m.
Like Reply

FDA, EPA.

Unelected bureaucrats are running our lives

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2017/06/12/unelected-bureaucrats-running-our-lives-glenn-reynolds-column/102750080/

"Watching the ongoing clown show in Washington, Americans can be forgiven for asking themselves, “Why did we give this bunch of clowns so very much power over our nation and our lives?”

Well, don’t feel so bad, voters. Because you didn’t actually give them that much power. They just took it. That’s the thesis of Columbia Law Professor Philip Hamburger’s new book, The Administrative Threat, a short, punchy followup to his magisterial Is Administrative Law Unlawful? Both deal with the extraordinary — and illegitimate — power that administrative agencies have assumed in American life."

By metmike - Dec. 13, 2019, 6:54 p.m.
Like Reply

https://downsizedc.org/fda-skim-attemp/                                                                                   DownsizeDC Facebook                                                   DownsizeDC Twitter               

October 15, 2019

The FDA’s “skim” attempt to manipulate language and statesploit

FDA’s skim milk rule demonstrates why Congress should pass the Write the Laws Act Retweet

Career bureaucrats in agencies like the FDA benefit from statesploitation. They keep their jobs no matter who’s in the Oval Office. And they get to impose their own values and preferences by making rules YOU must obey, without YOUR consent, without YOUR representation. 

By metmike - Dec. 13, 2019, 7 p.m.
Like Reply

Fighting unconstitutional government bureaucracy

https://pacificlegal.org/fighting-unconstitutional-government-bureaucracy/

This eyebrow-raising argument is based on the idea that Dennisa—an ordinary American woman running a business and going about her life—should have been meticulously tracking all of Kux’s activities, noticed that she had proposed the Deeming Rule, and forecast that Kux would issue the final rule. The FDA argues that Dennisa’s failure to state her objections to the rule in advance bars her lawsuit.

Parties in litigation should make every reasonable argument, but as PLF’s response points out, the FDA’s argument is not reasonable. In an era of runaway bureaucracy, everyday Americans like Dennisa simply cannot assume the impossible burden described above. Her failure to do so should not bar Dennisa from vindicating her constitutional rights. The FDA’s position to the contrary exemplifies the sort of peculiar logic that only an out-of-touch bureaucrat can conjure—the sort of logic that treats enormous regulatory burdens with casual disregard.

The FDA’s argument itself demonstrates why the Appointments Clause matters, and why we need accountability in the regulatory process. Career bureaucrats are too often insensitive to regulatory burdens and cannot be trusted to make major policy decisions. When it comes to issuing regulations binding on all Americans, a democratically accountable officer must be firmly at the wheel.

By metmike - Dec. 13, 2019, 7:05 p.m.
Like Reply

Taking on the Administrative State 
with Joseph Postell

https://www.heritage.org/insider/fall-2017-insider/taking-the-administrative-state-joseph-postell

"JP:  One of the arguments that people make today—probably the most powerful argument in favor of the administrative state—is simply the argument from necessity. 

According to this view, you can’t have members of Congress who aren’t really experts making decisions about air quality, pollution levels, workplace safety standards, the regulation of drugs, and so forth. 

In other words, the necessity argument says times have changed, society is more complicated now and we need experts to be in charge. I am skeptical of that argument because I think it overstates the change in circumstances between the time the Constitution was written and ratified and where we are today. "

By metmike - Dec. 13, 2019, 7:06 p.m.
Like Reply

The Trump administration's successful war against bureaucratic bullies

For years, unelected bureaucrats have been allowed largely unchecked power over the daily lives of Americans. This president is trying to change that.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2019/10/16/bureaucratic-bullies-trump-administration-successful-war-against-column/3974449002/

"The Trump administration is taking welcome steps to stop the bureaucratic bullying. With the signing of two executive orders last week, the administration is requiring that these guidance documents be subject to transparent formulation and notice before enforcement. Critically, these orders also make sure ordinary Americans have the ability to challenge the government’s determination against them.

Sen. John Barrasso:President Trump made the right pick for EPA

This is a relief to those whose lives have been upended by government policy decisions quite literally made in secret and enforced against them with little to no legal recourse.

Americans generally play by the rules — but they have to know what they are. These two new executive orders are a welcome step by the Trump administration, and a vital part of their continued efforts to rebalance the relationship between regular Americans and the powerful colossus that is the administrative state."

By wglassfo - Dec. 13, 2019, 11:13 p.m.
Like Reply

I can relate a little bit to unelected bureauocrats running our life

My father was the municipal clerk of our small township for 35 yrs living on a farm and farming part time. He saw many elected reeves come and go. Some wanted to run their own show. Some wanted guidance. My father did his best to acomodate both.

My brother, on the other hand went further abroad, meaning maybe 50 miles down the road. He eventually advanced to  being the head administrator of a fairly large municipality, with perhaps 1 million citizens of all ages

I can remember him talking about two kinds of councillors and mayors. The 1st kind was a hands off type, constantly asking guidance to run regular council meetings, and asking a show of hands for all decisions with little to no debate. In other words he wanted to rubber stamp, get things done quickly and let the administration decide all the details, including the agenda, budget and any special projects.. If my brother made a convincing presentation very few questions were asked and voting was almost unanimous. My unelected brother effectively ran the municipality, as to what he thought was best with little to no opposition.

Then there was the person who constantly asked questions. Questions would be good if they were knowlegable, but most were spur of the moment questions off the top of his/her head. She had no expertise and asked really dumb questions that took into the wee hrs off the morning to complete a meeting. All meetings were held after working hrs as all councillors had day jobs.. If this kind of person asked legitimate questions then yes she was effective, But to take up time on nonsense was very wasteful, This person was rarely prepared to ask a qualified question, rarely if ever read the agenda before hand, and was in general poorly organized

So: That is my experience in small town Ontario, Canada

One let hired personal run the show, the other wanted to add input, but did not know what kind of question to ask, thus was usually voted down, and the unelected administration [my brother] still ran the municipality

I can't respond to larger and more important issues

The obvious question using the above as an example

To whom should unelected bureaucrats answer to, who have qualified expertise in all the various issues that need a decision

Would this result in another layer of gov't with no end in sight if somebody decided, this layer of gov't also needed guidance

In the matter of law enforcement we thought a search warrant signed by a judge was a reasonable check on unreasonable search and seizure, but that has proven ineffective. Then we had the war on terror which lead to the FISA court which also proved ineffective

The result was: My unelected brother running the municipality

My father was from a different generation. Difficult as it was, he tried to acomadate what the elected reeve wanted, but he was in a very small community where there were very few decisions, to be a well run community.

I think your average public "joe the plumber" simply wants it done efficiently and with a minimum of unwanted intrusion into their daily life

However, I see no way to escape unelected bureaucrats, who will intrude in your daily life some time

Does anybody have a reasonable solution???