Oil
3 responses | 0 likes
Started by Richard - June 5, 2018, 10:42 a.m.

I use many different charts for trading oil, one of the better ones is the USO, which is a oil etf.

Looking at the USO chart, the entire blow off to the up side started at 12.80 with a gap up until 13.00.

Todays low was exactly 13.00. I am not sure what is going on, but I covered my put down in this area

and am waiting to see what happens. I would think we will at least close this gap but grapping the last pennies is not worth it. Oil is over-extended to the downside. Maybe a rally back up and then down again or ?

Went long copper sunday night like I stated in my weekend notes. Copper is on fire and I am loving it.

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=USO&p=D&b=5&g=0&id=p43969151006

Comments
Re: Oil
0 likes
By metmike - June 5, 2018, 10:54 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks for your comments as a trader for many years, Richard and congrats on your copper trade.

Re: Re: Oil
0 likes
By Jim_M - June 5, 2018, 11:13 a.m.
Like Reply

I see where there are some labor negotiations going on at a Chilean mine.  Probably adding to the bullish sentiment.  

Re: Re: Re: Oil
0 likes
By Richard - June 5, 2018, 3:18 p.m.
Like Reply

had an order to sell at 65.65. High today was 65.56. Damm. I bet if I put my stop up there it would have been hit. Not sure what I am going to do now in oil. Hate to chase it.