Trump Job Approval
1 response | 0 likes
Started by TimNew - Jan. 5, 2020, 8:40 a.m.

I've said before that I don't have much faith in polls, largely because I don't have much faith in the electorate... But it's interesting to  watch the latest trend.

The recent low point was at the start of the impeachment inquiry. Since then, the trend has been up with a recent spike, likely due to the strike in Iran.

Social media comments I have seen show near unanimous support. That's a first on any Trump action since I started watching.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_trump_job_approval-6179.html

Comments
By metmike - Jan. 5, 2020, 10:21 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Tim!

The one thing that stands out the most is the dismal approval and high disapproval numbers for Congress. Much worse than Trumps. 

We all know that the impeachment thing is purely political and partisan. The Democrats in Congress vs President Trump(and the Republicans). 

If the Democrats had credibility and high numbers, President Trump would be taking a big hit. Since they have even lower numbers vs him, it would be sort of like.............a college football game where the #45 team is playing the #113 team and you ask people that are not from those 2 schools(that will always want their team to win) who they think will win or should win?

#45 is the pick most of the time, all things being equal if you are not familiar with every player(the facts) but just have the rankings. 

Take the #45th ranked team and have them play #13 and you have #13 being a 2+ touchdown favorite. This is what happened with the Clinton impeachment. He was the #13 team, with favorable numbers and when he went up against the very low ranked Congress, they got decimated and he got stronger.