Iranian missiles hit US base in Iraq
3 responses | 0 likes
Started by pj - Jan. 7, 2020, 7:50 p.m.

https://tinyurl.com/yjbt7sfw 

Gold is over $1600, highest in almost 7 years.

Nikkei is down over 500 pts.

Comments
By metmike - Jan. 7, 2020, 9:01 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks pj!

CLG down $1 from the highs, down to $64.43, after spiking above the high 2 days ago. 

The only way out that makes sense is for the US to withdraw its military from Iraq and get out. 

Yeah, we spent a ton of money on those bases but staying there, means a certainty of us spending more and losing lives. 

Cut your losses, like in trading when you are getting clobbered with a massive drawdown and want to hold on because, emotionally you HOPE that the market will come back.........but you were wrong. 

Some of my best trades in the distant past were small losses, that would have been huge losses.

Let's cut our Middle East losses ASAP. 

If we are at war with Iran in November 2020, President Trump will be defeated with certainty.  He may be a volatile narcissist that some people think has no plan here but knowing this, and his top priority being to be elected again and also promising to get us out of the Middle East, his will be putting the nails in his own coffin over Iran by warring with them for the rest of this year. 

Which gives me hope that, although he is likely to do some huge damage to Iran first, he may withdraw so he can be re elected. 

By pj - Jan. 7, 2020, 10:18 p.m.
Like Reply

According to his own words about Obama, Trump believes the best way to get reelected is to be in the middle of a war (with Iran). 

That said, I think (hope?) there's a good chance, given the limited response from Iran, Trump will tweet up a storm, but basically do nothing more to escalate the situation at this point. "Hope" that's not giving Trump too much credit in the sanity dept.

By MarkB - Jan. 7, 2020, 11:53 p.m.
Like Reply

I can say, that given the candidates that are lined up on the D side, once again, Trump will be my only logical (?) choice. Of course, I only voted for Trump because there was no way on this green earth, that I could ever vote for Hilliary, or let her win. However, I have been impressed by his efforts to deliver on his campaign promises.

War with Iran, without interference from Russia or China, will be as short or shorter as the first gulf war. The main affect in the markets will be with oil, no doubt. As Iran supplies quite a bit of oil to Russia, India, and China. If we disable their oil capabilities, then those mentioned would be affected. That would mean a lot of driving force in the markets. And that would lead to a lot more drilling and fracking here at home.