Another home run by Stossell
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by TimNew - Jan. 11, 2020, 11:48 a.m.

https://townhall.com/columnists/johnstossel/2020/01/09/congressional-grandstanding-n2559107

"Congressional hearings were created to educate lawmakers so they have knowledge before they pass bills or impeach a president.

Not today. Today, hardly any education happens.

During the President Trump impeachment "testimony," legislators tried to score points. At least five times, Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif., shut down criticism by shouting, "Gentleman is not recognized!"

I get that politicians are eager for "face time" in front of a larger audience, but I assumed they would at least try to learn things. Nope."

Comments
By wglassfo - Jan. 11, 2020, 2:07 p.m.
Like Reply

I posted recently about my brother being the administrator of small town Canada

I posted about two kinds of elected officials

One was hands off and let my brotherset the agenda for council meetings

Also any business was mostly rubber stamped after my brother presented the pertinent information and his recomendation

The other type wanted to be hands on in all things but was not sufficiently aware of the proper questions, that were needed

Now in a larger setting such as this kind in question ,elected officials should have aids who can research the material and  suggest a list of qualified questions. Sadly that is not how it works

As you say the questions are not questions but mostly statements of pre-determined opinion. IMHO

You have just told us, one important reason, of many, why people have such a low opinion of congress

By metmike - Jan. 12, 2020, 5:15 a.m.
Like Reply

Stossell always makes great points.