Democratic Debate
3 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Jan. 14, 2020, 10:35 p.m.

Anybody else been watching it tonight?

Fact check: Biden says Trump "flat-out lied" about Iran threat

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/january-democratic-debate-live/index.html

I guess the intelligence community must have been contacting Biden and giving him special classified reports that told him this evil guy really wasn't planning any more attacks on US targets (-:

Comments
By pj - Jan. 14, 2020, 11:03 p.m.
Like Reply

IMHO a lot of arm-waving and bumbling (even more than in the prior debates), especially from Biden.

Safe to say Steyer is not your boy.

If any of them win or even look like they will win in Nov ( I agree with Trump), the stock market will tank.

Too bad we'll again be faced with such a nauseating dilemma.

By metmike - Jan. 14, 2020, 11:27 p.m.
Like Reply

Warren: "Every living thing on this planet is threatened with extinction from climate change!"

Fact: We are headed deeper into a climate optimum. The best weather/climate in over 1,000 years. The optimal global temperature for life on this planet is 4 degrees warmer than this by some estimates. The benefits to the warming over the last 100 years outweigh the negatives for life by a 10 to 1 ratio. 

Holocene climatic optimum

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holocene_climatic_optimumPlan

"The Holocene Climate Optimum warm event consisted of increases of up to 4 °C near the North Pole (in one study, winter warming of 3 to 9 °C and summer of 2 to 6 °C in northern central Siberia)"

"Out of 140 sites across the western Arctic, there is clear evidence for conditions warmer than now at 120 sites. At 16 sites, where quantitative estimates have been obtained, local HTM temperatures were on average 1.6±0.8 °C higher than now.  Northwestern North America had peak warmth first, from 11,000 to 9,000 years ago, and the Laurentide Ice Sheet still chilled the continent.  Northeastern North America experienced peak warming 4,000 years later. Along the Arctic Coastal Plain in Alaska, there are indications of summer temperatures 2–3 °C warmer than present.[5] Research indicates that the Arctic had less sea ice than the present."

Sanders: "We don't have until 2050. We don't have until 2040, the planet will be destroyed if we don't stop using fossil fuels by 2030"

Fact: The planet has been massively greening up because of climate change and the increase in entirely beneficial CO2. We rescued the planet from dangerously low levels of CO2 which are still less than 50% of the optimal level for life........the authentic science.  Before the Industrial Revolution, plants were experiencing CO2 starvation.  In 2030, if we continue on this path, I predict with extremely high confidence that the planet will be even greener than it is now........ not in spite of fossil fuel emissions and climate change but as a result of the additional benefits to plants and most life because of it progressing. 

Carbon Dioxide Fertilization Greening Earth, Study Finds

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/2016/carbon-dioxide-fertilization-greening-earth

"From a quarter to half of Earth’s vegetated lands has shown significant greening over the last 35 years largely due to rising levels of atmospheric carbon dioxide"

metmike:The coldest places during the coldest times of year are where its warming up the most.  If we went back to the climate and CO2 levels of 100 years ago...........1 billion people would starve to death within 3  years from the plunge in food production. Food prices would triple. Most life would suffer.

CO2 is viewed as a beneficial gas in every realm of science.......biology, zoology, agronomy, plant science, meteorology, climate.......etc. The only realm that absurdly defines CO2 as pollution is............politics. 

And we had our politicians doing that with fraudulent, anti science gusto tonight!

We've heard these scary words and warnings before..........over and over the past 30 year

U.N. Predicts Disaster if Global Warming Not Checked

June 29, 1989

https://apnews.com/bd45c372caf118ec99964ea547880cd0

"A senior U.N. environmental official says entire nations could be wiped off the face of the Earth by rising sea levels if the global warming trend is not reversed by the year 2000."

All those cataclysmic predictions never happened...........and neither will the coming apocolypse in 2030 from the fake climate crisis/emergency.

I am absolutely positive of this!!!

Yeah, there will be more flooding rains events and heat waves in the Summer will be a bit hotter but, again the benefits are numerous times greater than these bad things. 

By metmike - Jan. 14, 2020, 11:48 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks much pj.

Agreed,  I didn't get the feeling that any of these people(other than Sanders) have the skills to lead this country.   All of them seem underqualified and Sanders talks with  convincing sounding authority but he says things from Twilight Zone land-like his Green New Deal creating 20,000,000 new jobs and the planet being destroyed if we don't eliminate fossil fuels in 10 years. 

Though I greatly disliked Hillary, she was well qualified and clearly has the leadership skills and understanding needed make decisions with authority. 

I think I might prefer her to any of these people.