“What the scientists are telling us, if we don't get our act together within the next 8 or 9 years, we're talking about cities all over the world, major cities, going under water.
“We're talking about increased drought. We're talking about increased extreme weather disturbances. The United Nations is telling us that, in the years to come, there are going to be hundreds of millions of climate refugees causing national security issues all over the world.”
Fact:Sea levels are continuing to increase, now at a tad over 1 inch/decade. Major cities WILL NOT go under water in 8 or 9 years when the oceans are 1 inch higher. He completely made that up. Major cities WILL NOT go under water at the end of this century either.
"Global sea level has risen by about 8 inches since scientific record keeping began in 1880. The rate of global sea level rise has increased in recent decades. The current rate is a little more than an inch per decade."
Fact: The United Nations has been warning us about climate refugees for over 3 decades and has been completely wrong every single year.
PETER JAMES SPIELMANN June 29, 1989
UNITED NATIONS (AP) _ A senior U.N. environmental official says entire nations could be wiped off the face of the Earth by rising sea levels if the global warming trend is not reversed by the year 2000.
Coastal flooding and crop failures would create an exodus of ″eco- refugees,′ ′ threatening political chaos, said Noel Brown, director of the New York office of the U.N. Environment Program, or UNEP.
He said governments have a 10-year window of opportunity to solve the greenhouse effect before it goes beyond human control.
As the warming melts polar icecaps, ocean levels will rise by up to three feet, enough to cover the Maldives and other flat island nations, Brown told The Associated Press in an interview on Wednesday.
Coastal regions will be inundated; one-sixth of Bangladesh could be flooded, displacing a fourth of its 90 million people. A fifth of Egypt’s arable land in the Nile Delta would be flooded, cutting off its food supply, according to a joint UNEP and U.S. Environmental Protection Agency study."
Fact: Planet earth is greening up because of the increase in the beneficial gas, CO2.
An international team of 32 authors from 24 institutions in eight countries led the effort, which involved using satellite data from NASA’s Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectrometer and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s Advanced Very High Resolution Radiometer instruments to help determine the leaf area index, or amount of leaf cover, over the planet’s vegetated regions. The greening represents an increase in leaves on plants and trees equivalent in area to two times the continental United States.
This image shows the change in leaf area across the globe from 1982-2015.
Fact: We are also experiencing the best weather/climate for most life on this planet in at least 1,000 years(the last time that it was this warm during the Medieval Warm Period)_. If we continue to warm up, in 100 years, we could get as warm as it was during the Holocene climate optimum just over 5,000 years ago. Note the word that authentic science bestowed on that warmER period than now......optimum, not crisis, not emergency...........because life did better, not worse.
Out of 140 sites across the western Arctic, there is clear evidence for conditions warmer than now at 120 sites. At 16 sites, where quantitative estimates have been obtained, local HTM temperatures were on average 1.6±0.8 °C higher than now. Northwestern North America had peak warmth first, from 11,000 to 9,000 years ago, and the Laurentide Ice Sheet still chilled the continent. Northeastern North America experienced peak warming 4,000 years later. Along the Arctic Coastal Plain in Alaska, there are indications of summer temperatures 2–3 °C warmer than present. Research indicates that the Arctic had less sea ice than the present.
Temperature variations during the Holocene from a collection of different reconstructions and their average. The most recent period is on the right, but the recent warming is only seen in the inset.
Chardynne Joy H. ConcioJul 03, 2019
what the "Climate Crisis" is really all about....
13 responses |
Started by GunterK - Dec. 2, 2019, 11:44 a.m.
Fact: We are having a climate optimum!
Life would prefer it warmer than this and with much more beneficial CO2. The fake climate emergency is made up.
Cold still kills more life than any other weather element on this planet by a very wide margin.
We should note that in the Winter, life still migrates south to avoid the killing cold and lack of food in the high and mid latitudes. Some life hibernates to survive because there is not enough food when it gets cold. Some life will die............most plants that don't go dormant to protect themselves from the killing cold.
No, we don't have XX years or XX months to stop using fossil fuels because in XX years and XX months, the planet will be even greener and much of life will be reaping benefits not dying off.
That is the authentic science using the data/proof here vs scary words, claiming to represent science but actually being completely the opposite like anti science Bernie.
More authentic scientific facts about sea levels:
Antarctic ice and sea levels/previous warmings-climate scientist corruption-IPCC: April 2019
More facts about Bernie Sanders:
Sanders Touts $16 Trillion Climate Plan: Anti Science Bernie = the complete opposite of the truth! August 2019
So we have the scary words and apocalyptic predictions from Bernie Sanders, Al Gore, Greta and others claiming(with words) to represent the science............but when I show you the authentic science here,(I'm an atmospheric scientist and environmentalist besides trading for a living) you can see clearly that they are blatantly misrepresenting the science.
Not by a little and not by accident. There is nothing scientific anywhere that supports any of their recent extreme statements.
The entire objective is to pretend to be knowledgeable on this subject and to scare the heck out of you so that you will do as they say to save the (greening up) planet.
In most cases, the real motive connects with one or more of the following:
1. Imposing global and US socialism......biggest reason for the Climate Accord. Rebalancing global wealth distribution. Personally, I am good with helping the poor and less fortunate in the world. Increasing humanitarian aid and assistance in developing their countries........but not by tricking people using a fake climate crisis and hijacking my field, atmospheric science to steal people’s intelligence about science by using propaganda to make them dumb in order to control their thoughts and actions. We have a right to the truth so that we can use it to exercise our other rights in making the best decisions for us and the planet.
2. Increasing revenue for governments thru carbon taxes.
3. Personal, self serving enrichment. Al Gore in on course to being the world's first billionaire, from mainly using his CO2=pollution notoriety and money making schemes. Sanders uses it to get attention and votes and to impose socialism. Greta's extreme parents and handlers-including the United Nations, use(abuse) this teenager and her status as a climate guru/ priestess to spread propaganda about their climate religion.......for global socialism. Government funding for addressing climate change is astronomical. Whether you are a scientist funding a study that addresses human caused climate change.......or an entity with carbon capture technology or an entity with speculative new energy ideas or an entity looking to subsidize renewable energy.......this is where the money is.........not studying or reporting objective and authentic science which tells us why we actually do NOT have climate crisis.....it’s clearly a climate optimum by all scientific standards. Only in politics is it a crisis. There is no money and almost no rewards in showing authentic science on this topic, other than following strong ethical standards and using the scientific method. In fact, doing so results in you being labeled as a climate denier and being shunned and in some situations has resulted in loss of employment.
4. This is a huge one. Sustainable development. The rich, developed countries are consuming natural resources at an unsustainable rate. We must throttle back that rate and the best way to do it is to eliminate the main driver of powerful economies that devour all those natural resources.......fossil fuels. Like #1, this is a good objective that I agee with. We do consume much more than we need. We do waste a lot. There still is real pollution. But the way to accomplish it should not be by using deceit and stealing people’s informed consent by brainwashing them with junk, grossly distorted science.
5. Misled masses of sincere people with altruistic intentions that really think that this climate optimum for life is a crisis. Actually, we are having a problem with millions of people, especially children in the rich countries, diagnosed with a new, serious medical condition called “Eco-Anxiety”. Kids believe the stories about the climate apocolypse and destruction of the planet that they hear from people like Bernie, AOC and especially Greta. Children are afraid they will have no future. Sadly, this is the objective.......to scare the crap out of people to trick them to do what they say must be done to save the planet.
6. Sensationalism sells in the media. Exaggerating every weather extreme as if it was unprecedented generates much more interest than if we are shown the data indicating that it happened before. Extreme weather that is part of the normal extremes that we have seen for eons also, does not generate support for the “save the planet” cause adopted by our liberal MSM like the same weather event described as unprecedented and evidence of human caused climate change.
Scary words from frauds vs authentic science from empirical data/facts.
The frauds are counting on you not having access to the authentic science/facts and the MSM is in cahoots with their belief system, so the frauds don't get fact checked from the MSM, which is dominated by progressive activist journalists that want the same things as the frauds do and use the same scary, misleading stuff)propaganda) vs any of the authentic science that appears in this thread and at this site.
Ex-KGB on Ideological Subversion: How the UN/IPCC hijacked science/brainwashed the world. Previously warmer. Polar bear hoax. Sept. 2019
Does the media have too much power?: Time Magazine goes off the anti science deep end/97% of scientists agree on a climate crisis bs/31,487 American scientists disagree that there is a crisis. Sept 2019
Climate change, pollution, and the great civilizations of the past: Exactly how climate science was hijacked for the political agenda. September 2019
Here are many of the discussions with the authentic science. Note, the empircal data is the data. It's not my opinion, it's fact based on observations and measurements.
Global climate models are not scientific empirical data based on observations. They are speculative theories, programming computers to go out 100 years using what some modelers "think" will happen based on most of the laws of physics but missing many elements, including natural cycles and not understood feedback's.
Climate models are different than weather models but any meteorologist understands the flaws inherent to modeling the atmosphere/oceans and projecting the information for the next ...........XXX period of time.
Absurdly, in this realm, 100 years......then using it like religion for political agenda.
metmike: So we should ask, how does a teenager who dropped out of school become an expert on atmospheric science? She says that we should listen to the scientists but then she has these apocalyptic, end of the planet predictions that no legit scientists endorse.
(its 8 years now, according to the latest from her-moving up quicker than before to get people to act NOW!-like on tv commercials, when they say you have 30 minutes to buy their crapola or you will miss it)
She did not come to these anti scientific beliefs from studying science or doing research. Her activist parents and handlers have filled the child's brain with this stuff.
No doubt her propaganda and method have been very effective. The MSM love her to pieces and have never once fact checked her on her ridiculous false statements about the fake climate crisis/emergency.
metmike: The fake climate crisis has been pounded into the heads of journalists and others so effectively with propaganda, that they are no longer able to think critically or question it by looking at the actual science.....which shows a climate optimum for life.
It is now ASSUMED to be a fact.
Many of these folks think this climate crisis religion is settled science..........up there with the law of gravity.
For one thing, they have to discard the scientific law of photosynthesis in order to believe in the apocalypse.
"Reaching 100 percent renewable energy for electricity and transportation by no later than 2030 and complete decarbonization of the economy by 2050 at latest – consistent with the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change goals – by expanding the existing federal Power Marketing Administrations to build new solar, wind, and geothermal energy sources."
BIDEN-SANDERS UNITY TASK FORCE RECOMMENDATIONS COMBATING THE CLIMATE CRISIS AND PURSUING ENVIRONMENTAL JUSTICE Climate change is a global emergency
This is now the Joe Biden fake climate scare/crisis.
Joe is not telling the truth about banning fracking. His plan is to eliminate fossil fuels.
Why would somebody frack anymore when fossil fuels are gone?
You don't frack for sunshine and wind (-:
Scroll up to see the 6 updated/elaborated reasons for why we have this climate scare.
University of Houston Energy FellowsContributor Group
A 2017 NOAA report offered the scenarios shown below, with sea level rise ranging from 0.3 m to 2.5 m by 2100. The colored bars represent IPCC 90% probability, with DeConto and Pollard additions as dashed lines.
Source: Modified from Sweet, et al. 2017
The higher scenarios are given very low probability in this report. Rise greater than 1 meter is given less than a 1% probability under RCP4.5 and less than 2% under RCP8.5.
The empirical evidence for faster rise is illustrated in the graph below. Data from tide gauges is shown in blue. The last bar, in red, is from satellite altimetry. This is one of several published reconstructions. The rate is variable but generally rising.
Source: Data from Church and White, 2011
Sea level reconstructions require corrections and assumptions. There is considerable debate in the scientific community about tide gauge correction methods and other adjustments, resulting in differences between published curves.
NOAA Technical Report NOS CO-OPS 083noaa
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration U.S. DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE National Ocean Service Center for Operational Oceanographic Products and Services
GLOBAL AND REGIONAL SEA LEVEL RISE SCENARIOS FOR THE UNITED STATES
metmike: Plenty more in this report than most people will read.
Keep some things in mind when reading about the sea levels increasing and humans destroying the planet.
1. The current rate is 1.3 inches/decade or just over a foot/century. Continued warming will likely cause that to increase a bit (possible double that) but its extremely unlikely to be something like 5 feet higher, even though we have some sources using 20 feet to scare you. The range in predictions is enormous.
2. This is absolutely not going to contribute to the planets destruction. If the oceans are 2 feet higher in 150 years, non human life will hardly notice.
3. The entire threat is to property/structures close to the beaches/shorelines. The greater the sea level increases, the more adaptation and rebuilding slightly farther inland will be needed. There will be decades of time to do it because the rate of increase is so slow.
4. Sea and land creatures will still go about their business as usual as the ocean slowly creeps higher..........most benefiting from the slight global warming and increasing beneficial CO2 that will continue to green up the planet and provide an abundance of food.
5. When Arctic SEA ICE melts, it does not contribute to sea level rise. It's already floating in the ocean/water. It's like the ice cubes in your drink melting. When they have melted, the level of the drink does not go up. Greenland and Antarctic LAND ice melting does add to sea levels. The Antarctic has the most ice by a wide margin but its not been melting nearly as much as the Arctic.
6. The melting sea ice in the Arctic has not affected the polar bears. Their numbers have increased 30% since 2005. They are NOT threatened!