bolton testimony
5 responses | 0 likes
Started by mcfarm - Jan. 29, 2020, 4:06 p.m.

I doubt anything Bolton could say would be impeachable. But its not right that he testify. The house had the investigation. It is not the senate's job to dig some because the house failed in a very big way. The dems have played this game for over 3 years now failing and floundering, yapping like little baby coyotes. And every time their investigations fall apart  the next shiny object appears and we are supposed to stop and investigate again...and again...and again.  Enough is enough, vote in the senate, send these crazy's back home to mommy and get back to work.

Comments
By WxFollower - Jan. 29, 2020, 4:15 p.m.
Like Reply

The House wanted Bolton to testify but he said he'd sue (which was uncalled for imo) and that would hold up the proceedings for a very long time. I and 75% of Americans per a poll I saw would like to see witnesses and more documents. Let's see them and get the full picture. The GOP will look really bad if they don't have Bolton and the other witnesses. Even General Kelly wants witnesses. Are you disagreeing with General Kelly?? 

By metmike - Jan. 29, 2020, 7:20 p.m.
Like Reply

Regardless of what Bolten says, the investigation was clearly justified.

We know that President Trump wanted to do it because it was a democrat and his son, Joe and Hunter Biden that were involved in what looks like(using common sense) corruption. 

If he had investigated the exact same situation and it was a republican, everything would be fine.

So impeachers are saying, that the most important part of the rule that he violated here is that justified investigations of people from the opposing party are not allowed.........if you are President Trump. The democrats have been investigating him for 3 years, so we know that its ok from the other side. What they are doing right now, actually is the quinnessential partisan example of it. 

Did he abuse his power? Again, he USED his power but its only ABUSE  because this was a democrat, which is the only reason that the whistle blower scheme was created. 

What should matter the most is not what party everybody belongs to, which is what one side wants everybody to focus on to somehow elevate this to the status of a crime........but whether the circumstances justified an investigation based on the facts that we know and he used.

If the circumstances did not justify and investigation, then  President Trump abused his power to try to tarnish the image of an opponent without a legit reason. 

If they did, then regardless of his personal motives, he was justified as President of the United States in trying to investigate corruption................in a country with a long history of corruption that we are handing out money too(specifically, related to the actions of the most corrupt company of all, Burisma) and with regards to previous accountability of US politicians(and family) who may have been involved in that corruption.....but are the opposing party of President Trump(which is what, absurdly makes it an impeachable crime-according to one side).

Only complete denial of the facts can result in a person believing that there is no evidence of wrong doing, so we should just give the Bidens the benefit of the doubt. 

I have stretched my imagination to try to come up with a good explanation for the facts that don't involve corruption and have yet to read one other than................"there is no evidence of wrong doing by the Bidens" over and over. 

Anybody here with an explanation?

Since the Urkraine did not do an investigation for President Trump(and them insisting they felt no pressure to do an investigation is consistent with that)  and President Trump released the money(before the deadline but a few weeks late), not only was there absolutely ZERO quid pro quo but I am having a difficult time in seeing this as a crime, let alone a high crime that justifies impeachment.

Who got hurt?  Who was the victim, other than Joe Biden because so much attention has been focused on his and Hunters suspicious relationship with the Ukraine? Ironically, since there was no investigation or announcement of one, Donald Trump is not responsible for Biden being exposed here. It's entirely the Democrats, thru their impeachment proceedings that have brought the Bidens into it............using them to impeach Trump. The democrats have thrown Joe under the bus to get President Trump. 

Don't think so?

If there was no whistle blower complaint and impeachment over Trump WANTING an investigation of Joe Biden, since he did not get one or any annoucements.................how else would everybody on the planet know about the Bidens and Ukraine?

We don't know the details/specifics of how and why Hunter was personally enriched a ton of money to do almost nothing for years with a corrupt company in a corrupt country because his dad was VP but we (me included) know it happened now, thanks to....................the democrats. 

By metmike - Jan. 29, 2020, 7:41 p.m.
Like Reply

So let Bolten testify and the MSM have round 121 of "bombshell/smoking gun, beginning of the end" headlines. 

Even if he tells us that President Trump was doing back flips to try to get the Ukraine to investigate the Bidens(which he would have, if it would have worked).........nothing happened............even though an investigation was completely justified based on the objective circumstances. 

People who want Trump impeached are completely ignoring the fact that NOTHING HAPPENED and the Bidens actions are screaming out to be investigated. 

The Biden family’s Ukraine games cried out for investigation

By Betsy McCaughey

January 28, 2020 | 8:03

https://nypost.com/2020/01/28/the-biden-familys-ukraine-games-cried-out-for-investigation/

The chronology of the Bidens’ transactions raises serious questions:

• April 15, 2014: Burisma sends Hunter’s business partner, Devon Archer, $112,000.
  • April 16, 2014: Archer visits Vice President Biden at the White House.
  • April 21, 2014: The veep arrives in Ukraine bearing millions in aid for the Ukraine energy industry.
  • May 12, 2014: Hunter Biden joins Burisma’s board.
  • February, 2015: Ukrainian authorities seize property of Burisma’s CEO and go after unpaid taxes.
  • March, 2016: Biden demands that Ukraine’s top prosecutor, Victor Shokin, be fired and threatens to hold up $1 billion in US loan guarantees.

"Biden even bragged about telling the Ukrainians, “If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money.” That’s the kind of quid pro quo Trump is accused of — only Biden did actually say it, and it’s on tape.

The Biden campaign claims the vice president demanded Shokin’s dismissal for being soft on corruption, and the media gladly parrot that claim. It defies common sense."

metmike: And we are using this to impeach a president(with a made up  parody-lies  to mischaracterize his phone conversation/actual position, lies about meeting with the whistle blower a month previous to the impeachment hearings to obviously plan out this impeachment scheme) 

This is not a "digging up dirt" endeavor where there is no evidence of any wrong doing. Only somebody with their heads buried in the sand thinks that or............know that if the Bidens really were involved in corruption, then suddenly the entire impeachment narrative falls apart. 

By metmike - Jan. 29, 2020, 10:04 p.m.
Like Reply

So we heard from at least a dozen witnesses and something like 30 hours of testimony in the house and were treated to headlines afterwards to them being bombshell revelations with new information that proved President Trump committed a high crime to be impeached over (if any of it was, please I would like to see it).

Lying about the real reason for why you are doing an investigation into real corruption is not an impeachable crime.   Now, we are hearing the same thing about Bolten. Bombshell, bombshell, bombshell! Testimony. We absolutely must hear from him(as he promotes his new book coincidentally that just happens to mention things about this incident that contradict his previous statements about the relationship between the US and corrupt Ukraine and which are suddenly popping up 4 months after the impeachment process started.

So let him testify that Trump wanted to use the aide as a carrot on a stick to get the Ukraine to investigate corruption..........if that's what he testifies to.

This will just give us another X hours of the same  sort of testimony that we have heard over and over, dragging things on longer. Again, I am dialing in the worst possible thing that Bolten could say and still thinking "ok, I already knew that, so why aren't we having the Bidens investigated for, what sure looks like corruption?" 

The 2 guys that I would like to see testify are Joe and Hunter Biden.

I believe that both of them would lie under oath(it seems impossible that they could explain the unexplainable with answers that don't point to corruption-and they won't do that).

I also believe that President Trump would lie under oath. He would never admit he wanted the corruption investigation because it was the Bidens and he lies all the time  pathologically about lots of things, so just being himself would catch him doing this. 

Adam Schiff has already been busted blatantly  lying enough times so we don't have to wonder if he would lie.

By mcfarm - Jan. 29, 2020, 10:52 p.m.
Like Reply

weather x...Am I disagreeing with Kelly? I could really give not a wit about Gen Kelly and what he thinks, assumes, presumes, or the way he and all the rest think they can read Trumps thoughts. I made it quite clear what I think of this process and the libs who had 17 witnesses in their faux lynch job to zero for Trump. Trumps lawyers including one who did not vote for him, does not like him, and was a Hil supporter just ripped very argument the libs put forward.