Speedy end/acquital I don't understand
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - Feb. 1, 2020, 2:02 a.m.

Trump gives his State of the Union address Tuesday nite as I understand things

GOP wanted the vote sooner

So why could they not vote on Monday/Tuesday

Why the delay until Wednesday???

Comments
By mcfarm - Feb. 1, 2020, 10:02 a.m.
Like Reply

gee Wayne if you had not  noticed the R's are supposed to be in charger and yet with bended knee they again caved to these crazy libs [which they usually do} and are allowing 2 more wasted stinking days so all of them can whine and moan in 10 minute speeches. Abd you think the libs were boring, boorish, arrogant losers last week just wait til Monday and Tuesday.....then Wednesday we finally get the vote {with some libs joining by the way} the vote we knew about weeks and months ago.

By GunterK - Feb. 2, 2020, 1:52 a.m.
Like Reply

Hi Wayne,

first, a disclosure.... I am not a "Trumpster".. I could name a lot of things I don't like about Pres Trump. However we have to give him credit for a lot of things he has done.

I am only an immigrant, and maybe my words are off the mark, but here is my view....

Here in the US, the people have been bombarded, day and night, by radio and news media, with details of the upcoming impeachment "trial".

I put the word "trial" in quotation marks, because many people believe ti's a real "trial", as you find in a court of law. But it is not....

a) in a real "trial", the jury is instructed to be impartial and only find the accused guilty when there is overwhelming evidence. In the case of this impeachment "trial", Congress instructed the "jury" (the Senate), they must find the accused guilty, or they (the jury) will be guilty of "cover-up"..... in other words, the "jury" was threatened to be charged with a crime, if they didn't find the accused guilty

b) the "jury": (Senate), by its majority of Trump supporting members, is not impartial. Therefore, it's a rigged "jury"

As you can see, a much better terminology, instead of "impeachment trial", would be "impeachment show"

It's a political show that is used to influence the public and influence the upcoming election. Lies and misinformation are thrown around as if there were no morals left in this political theater... keep throwing dirt, and sooner or later, something will stick to the wall.

And this has been going on, non-stop, since 2016, starting with "Russia meddled in the election", "collusion with the Russians", and then the President was accused of the same crime, that was actually committed by a former vice-president, and then that didn't stick, and it became "obstruction" and very questionable "abuse of power" charge....

so, the show will go on, even though the "impeachment trial " chapter will be closed.... but there will be other charges, other attempts to remove a sitting president... until election day.

Heavens forbid... what will they do, should Trump win again?