House Republicans accuse Schiff of ignoring FISA abuse
1 response | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Feb. 12, 2020, 12:48 p.m.

House Republicans boycott intel hearing, accuse Schiff of ignoring FISA abuse

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/house-republicans-boycott-intel-hearing-accuse-schiff-of-ignoring-fisa-abuse

“During this period of inadequate oversight, numerous critical issues pertinent to this Committee’s jurisdiction were ignored,” they continued, noting that DOJ Inspector General Michael Horowitz issued his FISA report on Dec. 9 which identified “seventeen serious shortcomings related to the conduct” of the surveillance of former Trump campaign foreign policy aide Carter Page.

The Republicans argued that the committee is “uniquely positioned to consider” the “serious legal and policy questions” that arose from Horowitz’s report.

“The IG Report was followed by the release of a declassified assessment by the Department of Justice acknowledging that at least two of the four FISA applications lacked probable cause,” they continued. “Despite the seriousness of these issues and our clear jurisdiction, you have failed to hold a single briefing or hearing on this matter.”

Comments
By metmike - Feb. 12, 2020, 1:06 p.m.
Like Reply

He only investigates Trump...........ignoring all other corruption, even blatant corruption clearly identified with 17 instances of significant errors.

Schiff: I 'hope to hell' I'd impeach Obama if he did the same as Trump

"If Obama had done what the current president is accused of, the House Intelligence Committee chairman told ABC's "This Week," then "every one of these Republicans would be voting to impeach him."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/trump-impeachment-inquiry/schiff-i-hope-hell-i-d-impeach-obama-if-he-n1102401

Liar, liar pants on fire!

Half of  Americans greatly dislike to hate Trump because he is so mean and says so many false, often divisive things. 

I have often wondered how bad he would need to get for me to just want another person in the White House, even if their policies would wreck America and be based on made up promises in the agenda. 

Last week's impeachment acquital speech(insane tirade) by President Trump was one of those days for me to contemplate that but the consequences of no more Trump, still seem far worse than 4 more years of  lack of character Trump. 

His agenda is far superior, so the Dems main chance to beat him is to convince people that they are the party of integrity and honesty;.................BUT Schiff(and Pelosi at times) totally obliterate that favorable position with constant disingenuous statements, lies(that are as easy to verify as Trumps). 

They are sabotaging the realm in which their party could use to defeat Trump.

They accuse Trump of trying to affect the 2020 election and abuse of power. In order to make what he did seem ever worse, they have to lie about some things but then, in order to impeach Trump., THEY do exactly what they accuse him of doing..........only worse.......trying to destroy his chances to be elected this year/2020 and abusing THEIR power. 

But Schiff makes it even worse with hypocritical actions............major investigations targeting his political opponent..............completely ignoring another huge one,  already showing corruption, because it occurred to take down Trump.........corruption to take down Trump is justified (-:

At least Trumps actions feature his doing what he promised to do with his 2016 platform to be elected.