Trump Coronavirus
19 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Feb. 25, 2020, 10:52 p.m.

Trump has already been blamed for an outbreak of the Coronavirus in the US before it happens.

Will this be like the colluding with Russia hoax?

For 2 years, we heard that he colluded with Russia with zero evidence. Then we found out that he did not do it............and nobody on the wrong side admitted they were wrong.

In this case, we are hearing about how the US will see a massive outbreak  because of President Trump.  If we don't have a massive outbreak, betcha not one source bashing Trump will admit they were wrong.

Trump Has Sabotaged America’s Coronavirus Response

As it improvises its way through a public health crisis, the United States has never been less prepared for a pandemic.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/01/31/coronavirus-china-trump-united-states-public-health-emergency-response/

Comments
By metmike - Feb. 25, 2020, 11:04 p.m.
Like Reply

Sanders mocks Trump's coronavirus response: This "great scientist" says it will end in April

https://www.axios.com/democratic-debate-sanders-trump-coronavirus-f5dce8a8-3f2f-4e45-bc5a-9e3bd1d35ff0.html

What they're saying:

" In the White House today, we have a self-described great genius — self-described — and this great genius has told us that this coronavirus is going to end in two months. April is the magical date that this great scientist we have in the White House has determined — I wish I was kidding, that is what he said."

— Sanders

So we should not believe the science of Trumps statement, that this virus, like most other virus's like the flu is likely to be seasonal. Virus's spread faster in cold/dry environments......as in Winter! They don't do very well when it turns warmer and more humid, starting in April.........which is what President Trump is referring to.

Trump didn't make this up or do the research to figure it out himself.  A high level medical authority(s) clearly  told him.

Instead, we should believe Sanders prediction of the planet being destroyed in 10 years and major cities going underwater.........when the sea levels rise another 1 inch.

Bernie Sanders fake climate scare: Major cities NOT going under water in 8 to 9 years. We do not have XX years to save the (greening up) planet from the climate optimum(fake climate crisis). January 2020.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/46122/

By metmike - Feb. 25, 2020, 11:04 p.m.
Like Reply

metmike: Low moisture/humidity, which is what we get inside during the Winter after taking in the cold dry air outside and heating it up = VERY favorable for virus survival.

Higher moisture environments, which exist with warmer temperatures because they can hold com much more moisture = VERY UNfavorable for virus survival.

When it warms up in the northern hemisphere this Spring and especially into Summer's heat, the environment will likely become VERY UNfavorable for the Coronavirus.

FYI: Why Is There A Winter Flu Season?

https://www.popsci.com/science/article/2013-01/fyi-why-winter-flu-season/

How Humidity Might Help The Flu Travel

How Humidity Affects Virus Survival

Guinea Pig Experiment

By metmike - Feb. 25, 2020, 11:07 p.m.
Like Reply

Warren rips Trump for ‘bungling’ coronavirus outbreak

She offers a point-by-point analysis of what she thinks the president should be doing.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/02/25/coronavirus-elizabeth-warren-trump-117452

"In a slew of tweets posted just a few hours before the Massachusetts Democrat faced off again with her rivals in the latest presidential primary debate, Warren accused Trump of “putting our public health and our economy at risk,” arguing the crisis is proving “why we need a real plan and an adult in charge.”

By metmike - Feb. 25, 2020, 11:09 p.m.
Like Reply

Trump's wishful thinking won't stop coronavirus impact

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/25/opinions/trump-downplay-coronavirus-ghitis/index.html

By metmike - Feb. 25, 2020, 11:10 p.m.
Like Reply

Trump says U.S. in 'very good shape' on coronavirus. Health officials aren't so confident.

"We are asking the American public to prepare for the expectation that this might be bad," a top CDC official said

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/white-house-seeks-2-5b-coronavirus-pelosi-says-s-not-n1142276

By metmike - Feb. 25, 2020, 11:13 p.m.
Like Reply
By metmike - Feb. 25, 2020, 11:20 p.m.
Like Reply

One side likely considers this thread and my response as defending Trump because of having "blinded by the clown syndrome"

What Trump has been saying recently, mimics most of my posts on this topic going back over a month.......using science, medicine, and known facts vs emotions, alarmism, paranoia, wild speculation, conspiracy theories and sensationalism. 

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/47120/

By wxgrant - Feb. 25, 2020, 11:24 p.m.
Like Reply

That was a very interesting article. Thanks for sharing. 

By wglassfo - Feb. 26, 2020, 9:57 a.m.
Like Reply

Is there any evidence of trying to obtain extra face masks for the general population, gowns, gloves etc for care givers in hospitals, respitors for severe cases off hospital sickness or any other medical supplies

I read some place [sorry no link because I don't lnow where I read it] that we already have a shortage of 150 medical drugs

Seems to me an small amount of prevention might be prudent at this early time

If we need the supplies , it is obviously too late, after we have multiple cases of hospital care  needed. I don't know if we can supply enough supplies from domestic manufactures. Maybe, don't know

I have not read of any effort to stock up on medical supplies other than assurrances all will be fine

If we already have a shortage of 150 drugs, what will happen when we need much more

You Mike thought it prudent to find a supply of face masks so would our medical responders not need additional supplies, just in case, you know, in case they need them

I take 20 plus pills a day of prescription drugs, so you can imagine my concern, especially as 80 % of our drug supply comes from china and the generic supply comes from India, but India has to go to china for the ingredients. [Sorry no link as this is old news] I admit I can't do the math as 80% from china implies the rest is domestic made so where does India fit in the equation] And I realize this is a Canadian issue so I hope somebody knows what they are doing. I am also in the high risk category, so my concern might be valid

[Out with the old and in with the new] doesn't really appeal to me

Seems to me Trump is being a bit casual about stocking up on medical supplies in advance of the possible need, but maybe he will if he gets the money.

I know he has asked for additional money but what and when is that money for

I just hope we don't close the barn door after the horse is gone

Better still

I hope the dang horse stays in the barn and we don't have any reason to worry

I see Brazil has it's 1st case but I think that was a traveller coming back from Europe. It remains to be seen if infections follow or if this is an outlier.

By metmike - Feb. 26, 2020, 11:11 a.m.
Like Reply

Wayne,

Trump is acting based on the legit science and medicine. He is saying rational things based on what we know vs "the sky is falling" attitude of so many people.

Of course it could be much worse than he thinks and its good to be prepared for the worst.  He is actually downplaying it too much to try to offset the emotional, unsubstantiated speculation of how bad it is and will become that is unnecessarily scaring the crap out of people. 

I haven't seen a shred of evidence of it being worse than I thought it would be in late February. If fact, it's not nearly as bad as I thought it would be and I'm surprised that China has peaked already. I thought it would take another month for that.

The market is being fed Chicken Little stories right now and is probably over reacting.

We have 2 things based on science that are strongly in our favor.

1. A vaccine WILL be developed later this year and everybody innoculated will be immune. An expert, earlier this week claimed that 70% of people would get the virus. If thats the case, it better really, really speed things up because once people get immunized it will be powerless to infect those people.

2. Most Virus's are seasonal.  They love cold/dry conditions of Winter. Thats why every single year, we have a flu season and every single year its the Winter and surrounding months and it is never the Summer.

We are leaving Winter and headed towards Summer. Good chance that it makes the virus less contagious based on science.   But this is something new, right? We can speculate that it won't act like any other virus and will like warm/humid conditions. But why not base statements on what we know about virus's vs ignoring what we know about them. 

I'll stick to the authentic  science of what we know about virus's and base my understanding and expectations on that vs........wild unsubstantiated speculation based on ignoring that science.

By wglassfo - Feb. 26, 2020, 1:31 p.m.
Like Reply

Are you saying my post was wild and unsubstantiated???

By metmike - Feb. 26, 2020, 3:04 p.m.
Like Reply

"Are you saying my post was wild and unsubstantiated???"

No Wayne, not this time. I was trying to differentiate between my position/posts on the Coronavirus and the alarmists.

Though you have come up with a few extreme unsubstantiated claims in the past, I usually address them by providing the scientific data or specific reasons for my disagreement based on known facts vs the wild speculation.

My main point in this thread might be that Trump is doing the exact same thing as I have been..........well after I was doing it in January. 

I had this strong position way before Trump came out with his statements.

He agrees with me, not the other way around as far as the order in which it came out. 

The reason for that point is the constant denigration some get for having the same position as Trump.........claiming that its because we are blinded by our loyalty to Trump.

My loyalty is to authentic science, the truth, honesty and exposing those that are using their position to manipulate people...........part of making the world a better place.

As our number 1 poster(outside of me) here Wayne,. I consider you a valuable contributor and when we disagree on stuff, if its related to science or facts that I have and you don't I appreciate, that when I present my case to try to show why you are wrong, that you are man enough(even if you think I'm full of doo doo-and I'm not always right) to stick around and continue to respond vs taking it personal and deciding this is not the place for you because the moderator shows authentic facts to bust fraudulent positions. ..........and leave.

I appreciate all of your opinions very much Wayne,. most are wonderful but even those that I confront you about..........probably more of the later because it provides for an opportunity for enlightenment.

If you just posted things that agreed with me 100%, I would likely post much less.

I miss the brain washed mojo, fake climate crisis posts like these. Golden opportunities to confront the fake crisis with the authentic climate optimum data. :

UN climate report-looking at their track record-obliterating it with authentic science: Oct 2018

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/14777/

Climate(crisis) Change is Hoax-world food production-greening planet-climate models-Sandy-hurricanes: Aug 2018

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/10741/

Too bad mojo and a few others were here to make personal attacks, call names, spread hate/discourse and disrupt but contributed nothing positive. 

Ironically, they hate Trump for being the way that he is and their behavior(Vandenplas) was exactly as if they were Trump clones!

By metmike - Feb. 26, 2020, 7:34 p.m.
Like Reply

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flu_season

Flu season is an annually recurring time period characterized by the prevalence of outbreaks of influenza (flu). The season occurs during the cold half of the year in each hemisphere. Influenza activity can sometimes be predicted and even tracked geographically. While the beginning of major flu activity in each season varies by location, in any specific location these minor epidemics usually take about 3 weeks to peak, and another 3 weeks to significantly diminish.

Timing

Seasonal variation in deaths due to influenza or pneumonia in 122 U.S. cities, vs. other causes.

In the United States, the flu season is considered October through May.[9] It usually peaks in February.[10] In Australia, the flu season is considered May to October. It usually peaks in August.[11]

Flu seasons also exist in the tropics and subtropics, but are usually less sharply defined. In Hong Kong, which has a humid subtropical climate, the flu season runs from December to March, in the winter and early spring

By wglassfo - Feb. 26, 2020, 7:39 p.m.
Like Reply

Sorry Mike

Perhaps my post should have gone with the other Trump post immediately below, although this was a WH press release with a number of people with statements

If so please fix it for me

By metmike - Feb. 26, 2020, 8:01 p.m.
Like Reply

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/this-is-how-much-this-years-flu-season-could-cost-you-2018-01-09

From a 2018 article:

This year’s flu season could be the deadliest  in years — and the most expensive

How many people die of the flu each year? 

"The CDC estimates that every year since 2010, influenza has resulted in 9.2 million to 35.6 million illnesses, 140,000 to 710,000 hospitalizations, and 12,000 to 56,000 deaths in the U.S. The common virus this year, H3N2, is a variant of the H1N1 virus from 2009, known then as swine flu

It has already sickened 233,400 people in Australia in the country’s flu season during July and August and has since hit the U.S.

In comparison, the H1N1 virus sent 274,304 people to the hospital in the United States from April 2009 to April 2010. In that same time period, 25% of people worldwide contracted the illness."

metmike: Instead of explaining these  facts and the science/medical understanding with rational thoughts and putting proper perspective on it, 

we continue to get alarming reports..........as if humans have never been attacked by a major virus before and this one will infect 70% of people, according to one so called expert earlier this week.

We live in a world where sources can say WTF they want irresponsibly, sometimes with ill intent, sometimes with ignorance, sometimes to sensationalize, sometimes to get attention/boost ratings but it all adds up to the same frickin thing...............billions of people having no idea what is authentic and what is fake and not knowing what to believe and what not to believe but getting the heck scared out of them because that's what these reckless, biased and often self serving sources know will happen when you read their story............how would they not know?

This will almost for sure will get worse but even if it gets 100 times as bad, it won't hold a candle to even our mildest flu seasons with regards to affects. 

People are thinking the worst. If they realized that they have been living and dying with something that has been over 100 times worse.........EVERY YEAR. They would not have to have the shisst scared out of them. 

The Democrats and MSM should be ashamed of themselves for already blaming President Trump for a pandemic/epidemic that hasn't happened yet and mischaracterizing his actions and statements.

Trump is right that warm weather will likely help a great deal...........if/when that happens, not one of them will apologize for attacking him for stating that to calm people. 

He is right that a vaccine is rapidly being developed. Why twist that into a message that it really won't help because a vaccine is a year and a half away?  Thats bull. 

This is what metmike has been saying since January, so these anti science attacks on Trump(claiming that Trump is the anti science guy) are attacking the points of many dozens of my posts that have nothing to do with Trump.

At the end of the year, when we have final Coronavirus stats, I predict that far less people will have been affected than even the weakest flu season of the past 20 years. 

Do you let the REAL threat of getting the flu scare the heck out of you every single year?????

By metmike - March 3, 2020, 1:39 a.m.
Like Reply

Criticisms of Trump’s coronavirus response are sickening: Devine

https://nypost.com/2020/03/01/criticisms-of-trumps-coronavirus-response-are-sickening-devine/

Whom better to have as president during the coronavirus epidemic but a renowned germaphobe, the “build-the-wall” guy who refuses to kowtow to China?

It’s a unique set of characteristics showing that President Trump understood early the need for decisive measures such as travel restrictions on China, which he imposed in January.

Yet for that sensible decision — in defiance of the World Health Organization — he was criticized by Democrats such as Joe Biden as xenophobic, and by China as racist.

“This is no time for Donald Trump’s record of hysteria and xenophobia — hysterical xenophobia — and fearmongering,” said Biden the day after the travel restrictions were imposed.

CNN ran a story warning that “the US coronavirus travel ban could backfire” and have the effect of “stigmatizing countries and ethnicities.”

But that hasn’t stopped the barrage of fake criticisms, including that Trump had left the nation dangerously unprepared to cope with a pandemic by cutting funding for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Not true. The CDC’s programming budget increased from $7.2 billion in 2019 to nearly $7.7 billion this year, the Associated Press fact-checking unit reported. Trump had proposed a cut, but Congress rejected it.

The anti-Trump narrative rolled on, with increasingly silly attacks. The Washington Post speculated that the coronavirus could be “Trump’s Katrina,” referring to Hurricane Katrina, the response to which had been bungled by President George W. Bush.

When Trump announced a coronavirus task force with the most eminent experts in the nation, CNN blasted him for a “lack of diversity.”

You could hardly blame the president for calling all this unfair criticism the “new hoax” of the Democrats and Resistance media, to try to take him down, like the Russia collusion hoax and the impeachment gambit. Of course, then his opponents twisted his words to pretend he had called the coronavirus a “hoax.”

see also

The obvious untruth was spread by established journalists such as Dana Millbank of the Washington Post, who tweeted Friday night: “Remember this moment: Trump, in South Carolina, just called the coronavirus a ‘hoax.’”

When Trump pointed out that he had said no such thing, which the footage of his remarks confirms, the Daily News claimed yesterday he had “backed away from his claim that the coronavirus is a ‘hoax.’”

This is Twitter-level disinformation.

Michael Bloomberg is as bad. After spending days accusing the president of dismissing the spread of the virus as a hoax, he had the nerve to take out ads on prime-time TV Sunday saying the epidemic “requires putting politics and partisanship aside.” Hah! In our dreams.

The problem is that Trump Derangement Syndrome stands in the way of the bipartisan cooperation required to defeat this epidemic."

metmike: This is the most pathetic, partisan, dishonest behavior we have seen yet. The desperation and total commitment to keep President Trump from being elected again, even if it requires violating basic ethical standards that embarrass the sources of lies has soared to astounding levels never seen before in politics or elsewhere.

The most incredibly amazing thing about it is that..................its become the accepted norm for how to treat President Trump by the dems and MSM.

Think about how sad this is.  We have a MAJOR threat to our country and the world from the Coronavirus that is reeking massive havic with the markets, seriously disrupting many realms and terrifying billions of people(I say over reaction) and the dems and MSM distort and lie about President Trumps role and performance........using the Coronavirus as partisan, political weapondry instead of trying to assist him in fighting it and reassuring Amercans who are scared sheetless.

They are scaring Americans even more by trying to convince them that Trump has completely bungled the handling of it and now we will all pay the penalty with an epidemic. 

This is,,,,,,,,,,,

https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/diabolical

diabolical

Diabolical means "evil." This is a strong word. Too much math homework might seem unfair, but it probably isn't diabolical.

" Diabolical is related to the Spanish word diablo, which means "devil." In many religions and mythologies, you can't get any more evil than a devil, so diabolical is a powerful term, stronger than even despicable, which is another strong word for things that are hateful. Diabolical things are also intentional. If you got hit by lightning, that's awful and harmful, but it's not diabolical. If someone deliberately runs you over with a car, that's much more diabolical."

Metmike: Trump is despicable but those trying to destroy him are diabolical!

By metmike - March 3, 2020, 2:24 a.m.
Like Reply

This is funny!

“I requested $2.5 billion to ensure we have the resources we need. The Democrats said That’s terrible. He’s doing the wrong thing,” Trump said. “They want to give me eight and a half, so I said I’ll take it. … These people are crazy.”

By cutworm - March 3, 2020, 7:40 a.m.
Like Reply

Definition of despicable

: deserving to be despised: so worthless or obnoxious as to rouse moral indignation

Metmike: Trump is despicable but those trying to destroy him are diabolical!

So what has the president done that is despicable? Taken the US out of bad for us treaties? Supported a persons right to life? Tried to protect us from the virous till a vaccine can be utilized? Cut unnecessary regulations , while keeping the necessary ones?? Fought back against unfounded accusations? I could go on but you get the drift.

By metmike - March 3, 2020, 10:51 a.m.
Like Reply

"So what has the president done that is despicable?"

Thanks cutworm. Perfect definition of despicable that I had in mind.

: deserving to be despised: so worthless or obnoxious as to rouse moral indignation"

For clarity, I am with you on all of his wonderful achievements, doing (and trying to do) things for the American people and honoring what he promised with his platform to be elected in 2016..........like no other president.

That  is "anti" despicable.

However, his massive character flaws are completely off the charts. He is extraordinarily mean(attacks and makes fun of others he doesn't like-and if they started it, which is often, will go after them like a pit bull, using complete nonsense and made up stuff).

His treatment of Mitt Romney  is 1 of hundreds of examples we can use.

One can excuse his behavior when defending against Schiff or Pelosi because they are trying to obliterate him with lies but he goes overboard and will attack his own people publicly that disagree with him, using no tact.(previous presidents had these disagreements but they kept it quiet and used tact-Trump takes it to Twitter and says crazy things that make me cringe because they are clearly despicable.......to me at least)

I'm not sure that his exaggerating/embellishing and using fake facts to support his agenda/side qualifies as despicable by itself but it is surely contributing to why the side that sees only his despicable character flaws above hates him.