Edward Snowden
1 response | 0 likes
Started by cutworm - March 13, 2020, 6:09 p.m.

Edward Snowden On Privacy, And Threats To Democracy | The 11th Hour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9yK1QndJSM

Comments
By wglassfo - March 14, 2020, 10:12 a.m.
Like Reply

There is some thing seriously wrong with the patriot Act, FISA etc.

I have posted a couple times about Jullian Assange

It seems the gov't wants the power to shut down any word about stuff that could be considered war crimes in any other countries.

However, I am not a fan of prosecution of our troops for war crimes. That is an issue of life and death by our troops and I think the media is largely to blame for prosecution of our troops. Just IMHO

On the other hand, if you expose the deep state you are branded a traitor with no access to a normal trial by jury. This is wrong.

People have given up a huge amount of freedom of expression, privacy, trial by jury etc. in the mistaken idea the gov't has your best interest at heart. That is not true in all instances IMHO

Was Cheasla Manning really guilty??? or did she decide her decision was the best she could hope for, considering the powerful force of gov't, she faced, was an unwinnable situation, even though she had a story to tell. but very little in the way of a good defence by qualified defense attorneys and the law as it is rigged against people like jullian, Cheasla, Edward and others.

A lot of stuff, committed by the deep state, has been exposed as a lie by people willing to be whistle blowers

Have you ever seen a whistle blower not be prosecuted by the deep state. There must be somebody but I don't know who that may be

Going further I think the gov't has the reasonable expectation to keep secrets as they pertain to methods and means.

I also hate it when our deep state actors in other countries are exposed by name. That is treason in my book

We walk a very fine line between protection from foreign enemies and protection from our own gov't 

At the very least, people should be better informed, and then make informed decisions. Headlines is not the best source of information

I know this sounds like two sides of the same coin, thus I wish people would take a look at what you have given up in the name of being safe in your bed at nite

If safety from the boogy man, under your bed, is what you want then big brother is there for you. If you want a small part of your freedom back, then you have a duty to have your voice be heard.

Everybody will have a slightly different idea of what should be done. We do need to have a conversation, but the deep state does not want the publicity