What's in the $2 trillion coronavirus bill?
1 response | 0 likes
Started by metmike - March 25, 2020, 2:22 p.m.

That would be $2,000,000,000,000!

What's in the $2 trillion coronavirus bill? Here's how it could help you. 

The massive spending bill provides economic relief for workers, corporations and small businesses.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/what-s-2-trillion-coronavirus-bill-here-s-how-it-n1168536

Individuals making up to $75,000 a year would receive checks for $1,200. Couples making up to $150,000 would receive $2,400, with an additional $500 per child.

The payments would decrease for those making more than $75,000, with an income cap of $99,000 for individuals or $198,000 for couples.

Comments
By wglassfo - March 25, 2020, 11:16 p.m.
Like Reply

Hi Mike

I have no quarrel with helping those in need

However, there are some things I don't agree with if any of this becomes law

No business should be forced to keep employees, that are not productive. If your bar has no customers, why should you be forced to keep staff. However, if I understand the bill, if you want possible zero int loans and possible forgiveness of the loan, then you are forced to keep and pay staff. That will not make the economy stronger in the long run, unless there is an unlimited loan program, which leads to unlimited fiat

If the bill that eventually gets passed, is different then different results can be expected.  I would be willing to bet Bernie and AOC will some how hold the bill hostage, until something similar is in the bill. I hope not