Bear -- Silver
9 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - April 21, 2020, 12:54 a.m.

Hi Bear

Tks for the info on the reply to my last silver post

I got poking around today and found out CIBC has a web site you can buy physical silver on line

You have to have an account for payment and they will deliver the physical to your home, business or CIBC branch bank of your choice

CIBC has something in the USA because I was on hold and then this lady came on and had to switch me to Canada because she was in the USA. That was a waste becaaise I gave up trying to talk to a real person, thus my search found the CIBC web site, for buying precious metals

After some trial and error, I bought 200 1 oz silver coins, got confirmation and delivery to my local bank, for two days later. Bank will call me when silver arrives

Golly I hope the premium is worth it

I oz silver spot price was 20.00 plus CAD

I paid 35.00 plus CAD for 1 oz coins 99.9 pure

No shipping, insurance or other charges

I will need to rent another saftey deposit box or switch to a bigger one

This is my insurance in case the monetary system implodes. Like paying for fire insurance but at the end of the yr all I have to do is re-new the saftey box charge

Put it away and forget it

Probably my estate will wonder why carzy dad had this silver and gold stashed away. Just one more brain wave that did not work out

Comments
By bear - April 21, 2020, 11:08 a.m.
Like Reply

i prefer nicer, 130 yr old morgan silver dollars.  

if uncle sam ever sends me a "stimulus check" , i may put a few bucks into it into a few  morgans.  

maybe a little of it for a small piece of business equipment.  

and give the rest of it to my disabled daughter.  

my wife would spend all her check to buy pretty nik-naks to put on the shelf (and collect dust).  

By wglassfo - April 21, 2020, 11:30 a.m.
Like Reply

lol

the nik naks collecting dust

By wglassfo - April 21, 2020, 11:51 a.m.
Like Reply

Forgot to mention

Our small business loan hit the bank account, last week

So did our other son get his money

Our farm is sort of all one enterprise but each has his own, so we could only apply for one loan, due to employee restriction amount

Better than no money

Near as I can tell, part is forgiveable if you adhere to the regulations

In our case all we have to do is pay back the interest free part on time and use the money for approved expenses

Part of the approved expenses is for rent

We have a ton of land rent expense so that part will qualify according to our banker

Your situation may be different

That is why I bought silver

All this money printing already and I see no end

The world is going to have a bunch of defaults [that is a given with lack of exports etc thus no cash flow to service debt] and the Fed will try to plug the holes

Normal supply chains are broken for good

China will suffer a drop in GDP, probably go negative and a lot of other countries will go negative GDP.

Things won't re-start immediately. Thus business large and small will default on loans. History shows when the manure hits the fan those that can will print fiat

All this leads me to believe some thing might happen that is not good for us

I don't know what or when is the problem, but this is not your 2008/9 crisis

This time it is trillions, maybe quadtrillions, not billions

By wglassfo - April 23, 2020, 6:38 p.m.
Like Reply

Hi Bear

My silver coins arrived today at my local bank

200 brand new minted silver dollars

I had to open another safety deposit box to hold the coins

By 7475 - April 23, 2020, 7:41 p.m.
Like Reply

Wayne

if your bank collapses will you have access to the safe box?

John

By wglassfo - April 24, 2020, 3:23 p.m.
Like Reply

We have 6 major banks in Canada, spread out from coast to coast. These banks act as the bank for our country. If they go down so does our country.. I may have to change that number as I will check after I post. I don't know how to save. I try and lose my post.

We also have various trust and savings, credit unions etc.  They do not act as the bank for our country, so they could go bust and the country is fine

This silver is in one of the major banks and if our country goes bust I hope I get it out before that  happens. I am more worried about confiscation than going bust as confiscation could happen over night

There would be warning signs such as if our dollar goes down badly, or the bank misses a dividend or the dividend is less. Then I had best get moving fast, dig a hole and put all my gold and silver in that hole. This bank has paid a dividend for over 100 yrs. If the bank ever misses a dividend then I will make my move. Pays on average between 5-7% return on your money depending what the price was when you bought their stk. One of the few Co.'s or banks in NA to not miss a quarterly dividend for over 100 yrs. Plus their balance sheet and profit/loss is available to stk holders. Some of the major banks will miss a dividend or the return is much less, but this is a strong bank. I hope. I have another safety box in a different bank, just in case things go down hill fast.

Who knows I could lose the farm to excessive property taxation. Just diversification and hope for the best.

By wglassfo - April 24, 2020, 3:25 p.m.
Like Reply

I am sorry, we have 5 major banks

By Richard - April 25, 2020, 6:06 p.m.
Like Reply

the point is, you have no idea why the banks may close and having silver in your hand is different then having it in the bank, even if it is in your name in the bank. What happens if the banks close for a different reason. one that you can not imagine. Perhaps because of the virus banks are closed for 30 days and then you need your silver but banks are all closed. safe deposit boxs are smart up until the day They Aren't. It can only get worse from here, for as many years as the eye can see.

By wglassfo - April 25, 2020, 11:03 p.m.
Like Reply

You are correct Richard

I am trying to diversify my assets but like you say

Anything can happen

Do you think a hole in the ground would be safest

In all honesty my small holdings would not save my farm

We have already lost over 150-200,000 off the bottom line with  lower grain prices

Shooting livestock and burying dead animals in the ground and oil prices is the reason for drop in price

Go to a grocery store and meat is rationed

Many empty shelves with no meat

Your right, it's crazy out there

It will only get worse going forward

I have been posting that very idea for ages