We have to open up for business
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - April 23, 2020, 7 p.m.

Our closest city estimates that 16% of office space will not re-open

I have no idea how many retail stores will not re-open

How many food and beverage places will not re-open

I sat in the bank, waiting for my silver and a saftey box. In that short time I heard people coming into the bank to say they could not pay their bills. Main St was almost deserted. Even the grocery store was not doing as much business with some items unavailable. Meat was the obvious short supply

I know we have beat this "open for business" to death, but from what I see we are in a depression now. All we can do is try to recover as quickly as possible

People my age who are not productive any way, need to take our chances. We can stay home or we can go outside, That is our risk. Our possible danger to the virus is no excuse to shut down the economy. If I take a risk a get sick that is on me. Not for the productive people we have to try and salvage as much as possible

It doesn't matter at this time if millions got infected as I said would happen

We have enough information to assess the risk, make informed decisions as to risk, and open up the economy. The longer we stay shut down the worse the depression will be.

Nobody wants a bad depression just because I might get the virus

Comments
By metmike - April 23, 2020, 7:33 p.m.
Like Reply

The state of Georgia is starting to reopen tomorrow.

They are getting slammed big time over this.

According to CNN, the latest models show they should not even consider opening process until June 22nd, 2 months from now.

Georgia governor faces growing pressure, but shows no signs of reversal

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/494398-georgia-governor-faces-growing-pressure-but-shows-no-signs-of-reversal

metmike: Screw the models!

Latest science is showing that sunshine and warmer more humid air will greatly cut down on the survival time of the virus. Georgia will be one of the first states to see this better weather. 

Also, new science, that its 50 times less deadly than we thought(50 times more people have had it and didn't die).

Colorado is reopening too but they have a democratic governor..........odd they are not being bashed the same way:

As Colorado creeps open, Denver’s recipe to avoid a coronavirus surge calls for more testing, contact tracing and regional unity        

Experts say more and better testing paired with a regional approach to reopening metro economies will be crucial. But politics also play a role.

https://denverite.com/2020/04/22/as-colorado-creeps-open-denvers-recipe-to-avoid-a-coronavirus-surge-calls-for-more-testing-contact-tracing-and-regional-unity/

By WxFollower - April 24, 2020, 2:10 a.m.
Like Reply

When even Trump strongly criticizes fellow GOP Governor Kemp of GA, one knows that Kemp is way out in left field. He is allowing places like massage parlors, tattoo parlors, barbershops, gyms, and bowling alleys to open today. The vast majority of GA citizens oppose this decision as being way too early. All but one mayor I've seen/read about is against this. Unfortunately, Kemp said that mayors and other local leaders can't override this for their local areas.

Fortunately, many business owners are caring enough and have the sense to have said they will not reopen today because they care about the safety of both their employees and customers. Also, many potential customers have said they won't go to any of these places that actually does open.

Kemp has become a laughingstock and embarrassment to many Georgians. He is blatantly going against Trump's guidelines with these reopenings of these nonessential businesses being way too early. Trump was clearly mad in Thursday's presser. I agree with him for a change.