Non-fake news on Trump rambling about injecting disinfectant
16 responses | 0 likes
Started by WxFollower - April 26, 2020, 7:54 p.m.

On 4/24, Trump said, "I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning? As you see, it gets in the lungs, it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that."

The next day (4/25), instead of defending what he said, Trump claimed that he wasn't being serious and that he was instead sarcastically answering a press question. Of course, this was a blatant lie as he was looking over at Dr. Birx when he was saying this. It had nothing to do with a question from the press. But this also implies that what he said on 4/24 was nonsense.

So, is anyone going to join me in actually criticizing him for saying what he said on 4/24 about injecting disinfectant? I'd especially like to hear from Trump supporters. 

Comments
By metmike - April 26, 2020, 8:35 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Larry,

As I said earlier, I don't believe him when he said the next day that  his comments were made to be sarcastic. They were not. 

He responded that way because of the enormity of attacks that were being unfairly  aimed at him and as I showed with numerous examples, they included a large number of sources that accused him(made up-FAKE NEWS) of telling us to use bleach and even being in cahoots with a corrupt company selling a bleach product designed for oral consumption(when his administration is doing the exact opposite=trying to shut down companies like that). You appear to have agreed with me that he did not advocate using bleach. That's still correct right?

At the thread that Gunter started, would you like to respond to his comments on UV radiation and  the science of irradiation of blood and widespread use of it in the past to kill virus's?

Or the recent discovery that low energy, UVC can be used to kill virus's and it doesn't harm human tissue, with possible applications in the lungs?

Or do you want to do another poll on that too,  to see how many people you can get to agree with your point of view, that contradicts the actual science that I provided.

If my science is wrong, then great too,  I encourage you to show me why.

In fact, those are my absolute favorite posts because its an opportunity for me to learn...........and you are right at the top for people here with an understanding of science(especially weather) and are in an elite class(seriously elite) when it comes to analyzing and presenting statistics.

You can post your scientific(or non scientific view) at either of these links. Thanks

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/51223/

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/51215/

By metmike - April 26, 2020, 8:49 p.m.
Like Reply

BTW,

You keep insisting that Trump recommended injecting disinfectant and again, he DID NOT say that (or bleach) the quote you keep providing shows that he did not say that. His exact words were "something like that" "you're going to have to use medical doctors with"

If you are going to quote him, please don't make up your own meaning that's different than his(or go with the MSM meaning that's different than his).

Clearly, medical doctors would not authorize disinfectant,  so how could he possibly have meant that?

By metmike - April 26, 2020, 9:19 p.m.
Like Reply

Larry,

Since you are very knowledgeable on weather, I would like to know what your opinion is on the thing that was actually  the focus/center of attention of Thursday's coronavirus press conference...........the government study that shows the affects of UV radiation, humidity and heat  on the coronavirus.

Game changing?-Summer kills COVID-19            

Started by metmike - April 23, 2020, 10:36 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/51095/

By WxFollower - April 26, 2020, 11:54 p.m.
Like Reply

Hey Mike,

1. Weather/virus: That’s changing the subject but thanks for asking. I don’t know what to expect. Past flu seasons suggest we can be hopeful about this and I’m happy to see this research. Something about the higher relative humidity making the droplets that contain the germ heavier and dropping to the ground closer to the individual coughing or sneezing may have something to do with this as you posted a couple of months ago. But areas to our south having significant outbreaks makes me wonder. We’ll see. In the meantime, we all need to continue with social distancing and govt needs to continue to enforce restrictions that it feels would be best for our protection during this emergency as I think it would have been much worse right now. Otherwise, we risk a second even worse outbreak.

2. The UV research is interesting and exciting but I'd rather not get into it too much in this thread.

3. Yes, he clearly didn't mention bleach or Clorox but rather a non specified disinfectant to be researched for the potential of helping if injected.

By pj - April 27, 2020, 12:06 a.m.
Like Reply

"So, is anyone going to join me in actually criticizing him for saying what he said on 4/24 about injecting disinfectant? I'd especially like to hear from Trump supporters."

No Trump supported here, but I absolutely agree with you. Trump knew what he said and what he meant, injecting disinfectant, as soon as he said it. And when he saw the look on Dr. Brix face and knew he'd stepped in it again.  I also agree that if Trump had thought there was any way he could defend his statement, he most definitely would have done so, not fabricated the lame excuse that he was being sarcastic.

mm is obviously an intelligent and thoughtful guy. But is seems he has been defending Trump and trying to discredit anything and anyone who criticizes Trump, so steadfastly and for so long now (post after post) that his mindset has gotten (virtually) frozen in that mode. So even with this, what may be the most obvious/blatant case of Trump's foolishness, he can't see it that way...  apparently feels compelled to carry on defending (what to the rest of the world) is indefensible.

By wglassfo - April 27, 2020, 12:42 a.m.
Like Reply

There are some medical people telling us the longer we continue the lock down the worse the second wave of infections will be. The thought is the evidence shows many people have been infected with no symptoms. The people that die might not die from corona but some such thing as smoking for 50 yrs as I did, yet death certificates are under pressure to include corona  as a possible cause of death. This makes the stats unreliable to decide the best coarse of action going forward. The thought is: as we continue the lock down we lose our natural immunity to all kinds of germs, virus etc. The herd immunity theory is starting to get serious attention, as the healthy need to continue with the natural body ability to fight off any infection. Lock down serves to weaken the bodies ability to fight infection, as we mingle every day with germs, virus and the body is able to fight the infections, with natural immunity. The baby syndrome of crawling around and putting everything in their mouth serves to build immunity to germs etc is a well known fact.

As we gain more information this virus is no worse in number of deaths/1000, than a bad flue season, and yet at no time did the country shut down for a flue season. Every yr 1000's of people die from various reasons and yet we do not shut down because of the number of deaths. Risk is a factor we assume every day of our life.

I am seeing more and more evidence the country will not stand for a lock down much longer. Protests are going to become more wide spread and civil disobedience will follow. We have already seen civil disobedience with the number of people gathered on the beaches of California. This will only spread to more actions by the citizens of not listening to the elite masters who decide our freedoms

By wglassfo - April 27, 2020, 1:03 a.m.
Like Reply

No matter what Trump may or may not have said he should be crystal clear as possible about the words he uses. Nobody is perfect when speaking or answering questions but a word of caution to be as accurate as possible or clarify by saying he is not a doctor and he should leave that question to somebody educated in the medical field.

His public musings about the possibility of this or that only serves to confuse certain people

I think Trump needs to be more careful about  any questions related to a medical question as he might get in trouble by saying something he has no business talking about as he is not qualified to answer those questions

In this case I think Trump acted in such a way as people heard what they wanted to hear instead of actually digesting the actual words and meaning

This can only lead to confusion as we saw by the number of telephone calls to product producers asking for clarification. I wonder how many did not decide to ask for clarification. Surely nobody did personal harm but the possibility exists as we underestimate what people want to believe

By metmike - April 27, 2020, 12:42 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Wayne,

You are exactly right. As I've mentioned many  times previously, President Trump is a horrible communicator.  I have always agreed with Larry that he rambles when not on a script and is a bully, along with his other character flaws mentioned by me numerous times here.............a few of which, copy below.

edit: Also agree with you that he should rely almost entirely on his experts to tell us about stuff. Obama was a gifted speaker(as many politicians are) and like all presidents before Trump, did not go way outside their field of expertise without a good enough understanding to speak intelligently about it(knowing what they will say beforehand).  Trump will talk and ramble about anything with impulsive responses based on thoughts/things that just popped up in his head at that moment. They are often good ideas but communicated poorly with made for attacking nonsense.

This particular incident is not at about that. It's about the MSM, taking what he said and turning it into FAKE NEWS.  I'm not sure how I can continue be more clear on that. Trump never said  anything about bleach(which I showed the headlines claimed he did)  and the other stuff, was not perfectly articulated but clearly, when you look at the actual words, their meaning and context were NOT out of line and in fact, hit on some brilliant ideas using science that exists.

This was completely twisted into a blatantly false narrative by the MSM.

pj and larry,

You are 2 of the brightest guys that I know and I enjoy and greatly appreciate your contributions here but you both have a severe case of TDS.

Yeah, I know pj, it's actually me suffering from Blinded By the Clown Syndrome and you even absurdly assert that because he withdrew from the Climate Accord, that my view of him in other realms is tainted and when it comes to Trump, all I ever do is defend him.

I'm an independent, objective scientist that uses facts and authentic science to try to seek the truth on everything. 

It's true that I spend much more time defending Trump than criticizing him. You would have to living in a cave to not know that he is bombarded with criticism all day long.  Some of this is right on the money. I will agree with that or not address it when that is the case. However, when its blatant fake news designed to obliterate Trump from unprofessional sources(this last incident was the quintessential example)................I step in. Not because I am an avid supporter of Trump(I dislike him personally-but I don't let that get in the way) but because I'm a defender of the TRUTH.

You guys have very convenient memories when it comes to my opinions on President Trump. Let me help jog those memories on the next couple of pages. Facts matter.

By metmike - April 27, 2020, 12:49 p.m.
Like Reply

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/47088/

Re: Re: House Democrats will "likely" subpoena John Bolton, Nadler says

By metmike - Feb. 7, 2020, 12:54 p.m. 

"If you read or heard some of the things Trump stated in his victory speech, it had to make you cringe. 

After being indicted on impeachment and having the opportunity  to put things behind him and not be too offensive in his speech, his not impeached victory speech might be...probably is his worst speech ever.

Everything that defines his weak point........character flaws and meanness came out with a vengeance. It certainly makes it understandable why so many people hate him. He is the most easy to hate guy on the planet. With signs of him turning the corner and possibly getting enough support now to be elected in November..........speeches like this can only hurt him/be set backs when people on the fence listen to him and his confrontational, hateful and divisive words. 

If not for his massively superior agenda and good job he does running the country based on policies that are best for the United States,. I would be a never Trumper because of speeches like he gave yesterday.

This guy below from CNN is usually very unfair with his articles on President Trump(finds dozens of silly reasons to nullify Trumps positives and magnifies his negatives with twisted interpretations) and hates his guts but I agree with most of his points this time."

The hidden worst part of Donald Trump's unhinged impeachment victory speech

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/06/politics/donald-trump-impeachment-senate-acquitted/index.html

Re: Re: Re: House Democrats will "likely" subpoena John Bolton, Nadler says

By metmike - Feb. 7, 2020, 12:55 p.m. 

Read Trump’s bananas, post-impeachment victory lap speech

https://www.vox.com/2020/2/6/21126544/trump-speech-today-transcript-impeachment

Re: Re: Re: Re: House Democrats will "likely" subpoena John Bolton, Nadler says

By metmike - Feb. 7, 2020, 1:04 p.m. 

LikeReply 

“metmike: BTW, I don't think deplorable speeches like Trump gave are impeachable items.

They are disgraceful of course but they make up part of who candidate Trump is and its up to the people of the United States to decide in November if giving deplorable speeches repulses/repels them more than his positive agenda attracts them.............to vote or not to vote for him.”

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/48045/

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/edit_post/48414/

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Trump Coronavirus

By cutworm - March 3, 2020, 7:40 a.m. 

Definition of despicable

: deserving to be despised: so worthless or obnoxious as to rouse moral indignation

"Metmike: Trump is despicable but those trying to destroy him are diabolical!"

cutworm: So what has the president done that is despicable? Taken the US out of bad for us treaties? Supported a persons right to life? Tried to protect us from the virous till a vaccine can be utilized? Cut unnecessary regulations , while keeping the necessary ones?? Fought back against unfounded accusations? I could go on but you get the drift.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Trump Coronavirus

By metmike - March 3, 2020, 10:51 a.m. 

"So what has the president done that is despicable?"

"Thanks cutworm. Perfect definition of despicable that I had in mind.

: deserving to be despised: so worthless or obnoxious as to rouse moral indignation"

For clarity, I am with you on all of his wonderful achievements, doing (and trying to do) things for the American people and honoring what he promised with his platform to be elected in 2016..........like no other president.

That  is "anti" despicable.

However, his massive character flaws are completely off the charts. He is extraordinarily mean(attacks and makes fun of others he doesn't like-and if they started it, which is often, will go after them like a pit bull, using complete nonsense and made up stuff).

His treatment of Mitt Romney  is 1 of hundreds of examples we can use.

One can excuse his behavior when defending against Schiff or Pelosi because they are trying to obliterate him with lies but he goes overboard and will attack his own people publicly that disagree with him, using no tact.(previous presidents had these disagreements but they kept it quiet and used tact-Trump takes it to Twitter and says crazy things that make me cringe because they are clearly despicable.......to me at least)

I'm not sure that his exaggerating/embellishing and using fake facts to support his agenda/side qualifies as despicable by itself but it is surely contributing to why the side that sees only his despicable character flaws above hates him. "

By metmike - April 27, 2020, 12:55 p.m.
Like Reply

Barr            

26 responses |                

Started by pj - Feb. 12, 2020, 10:25 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/47365/

metmike: "pj,

I am glad that you are being honest/open about your opinions. Much worse would be to have them, not voice them and keep thinking that way without providing me the opportunity to provide authentic facts to counter them."

"Maybe you have forgotten recent conversations that we've had on Trump. I was 100% in agreement with you on the debt and his failing in that regard(while defending Obama's numbers) because the facts don't lie."

Final Fy'19 Federal Budget #'s            

23 responses |              

Started by TimNew - Oct. 25, 2019, 2:49 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/41763/

"When Obama gets bashed unfairly, I defend him too."

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/38878/

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/34963/

"And I have encouraged Trump bashing by creating an ongoing thread for many months, that cliff used to post hundreds? of cut and paste type trolling stuff.  I like it when posters bring this stuff up when they provide opportunity to show contradicting facts. My favorite posts were/are climate alarmist posts.  I often bring out climate crisis posts myself to use as Teachable moments!"

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/46546/

12-20-19 New Trump bashing for cliff-e            

93 responses |              

Started by metmike - Dec. 20, 2019, 2:45 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/44617

"We've had this discussion before, so I don't anticipate you changing your mind but I do appreciate continued opportunities to explain my position and enjoy ALL your posts a great deal:"

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/38452/

"No question that he is mean, is lacking in sincere compassion and a few other traits.

And he is missing a key attribute that almost every successful, lying sac of sheet politician has...........the ability to use their charm to tactfully sell political lies. Some are gifted at it and very likeable. "

"Trump is the worst in history. You can tell when he's reading from a teleprompter.  He doesn't even care about tact, probably related to his huge ego but partly because he's not trying to hide things. When he believes in something, especially if its good he gets into the most trouble. He will embellish, exaggerate and bs about something good and the media will fact check him, catch his errors in numbers, for instance and twist it into a reason for it to be bad, while taking down his credibility another notch."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/37419/

New Trump Criticizing/bashing Thread for cliff-e(and others)            

73 responses |                

Started by metmike - Aug. 22, 201

Re: Re: New Trump Criticizing/bashing Thread for cliff-e(and others)

By metmike - Oct. 1, 2019, 6:04 p.m. 

"Thanks cliff!

Though I strongly believe that Trump has not done anything close to deserving impeachment, I would actually be happy to see him impeached if it resulted in  President Pence that had the exact same positions/agenda.

This deserves further discussion on a new thread.

I believe that if the democrats were not sure that the senate will never impeach Trump and remove him from office, that they would not go for this impeachment.

If Mr. Nice guy ran in 2020,  armed with the agenda of Mr. Mean he would be invincible".

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This may sound odd but the best chance for the republicans to win would be if for some reason they couldn't run Trump.

Should that happen, the Never Again Trump rug would be completely pulled out from the dems and the details of their platform would matter. 

This is also why, the dems know that an impeachment of Trump that removed him from office would really backfire.

But they know they can impeach in the house they control and it would be impossible to impeach in the other house that has a pub majority and needs 2/3rds majority.

So thats what they do. Damage his credibility more by impeaching in "their" house, knowing its a big waste of time because he remains in office, which is WHAT THEY WANT.

Trump running in 2020 is a gift. Pence running could be a problem. He would get the Trump vote +ton of never Trumpers who like the agenda.

+ton of people who actually look at the platform of the other side.

By 7475 - April 27, 2020, 12:56 p.m.
Like Reply

Like many Trump supporters I am not necessarily a fan of the man 

but for heavens sake, the abuse that has been  layed upon the man only makes me a stronger supporter of “him”.

Trump is not an ignorant man 

He will never win a Nobel in science 

But sarcasm or not 

John

His comments are more attuned to solutions then they are to placing blame

By metmike - April 27, 2020, 1:25 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks John!

Larry, I was not trying to change the subject. My idea of the ideal forum would be you guys starting all the new threads just like this but sadly, everyone has become more dependent on me to do this and its become more of a blog with people coming to read what I post.

I'm am very grateful for the many lurkers that we have but would do anything to get more posting............like this thread is generating.  Please continue to do this.

In my opinion, the powerful science of Thursdays news was completely obliterated by the politics. I started a thread on the science/release/data on Thursday and got zero responses.

As a fellow weather nut, I was especially interested in your view about this and had to bring it to your attention here to get it.........that's all there was to it, thanks!

By GunterK - April 27, 2020, 2:06 p.m.
Like Reply

Amazing, how a simple comment by the President resulted in such an uproar in our media.

Hey, it’s easy to criticize Trump. He is a bully, he is “thin-skinned”, he insults people, he tweets and talks too much (a POTUS has to carefully evaluate every word he writes or speaks in public…. Trump does not), he often doesn’t have his facts right, etc etc. Yet, as far as I know, there is no president of the US who has been treated with such hatred as he has been.

Even Dr Birx stated recently that the MSM is treating him very unfairly.

As far has his recent comments about UV light and disinfectants is concerned. he apparently was told by some of his advisors that UV light and disinfectants quickly kill viruses. He simply asked a question, aimed at the medical/scientific community, wondering whether it was possible to use UV light or inject a disinfectant into a patient. It was by no means a “recommendation” for the public to drink Clorox or Lysol. Yet, the MSM blew this brief comment out of proportion.

His response to the uproar was to call his comment “sarcasm”. IMHO, he should not have made this excuse. It was not a sarcastic question…. It was a quite real question, a question a layman would ask a doctor or a scientist.

I wish, he would have just said “look, you mindless haters, I only wanted to know if any research was being done to come up with a quick fix for corona. Now take your meds and calm down, we have work to do”

As it turns out, Cedars Sinai, in collaboration with a biotech firm, is indeed experimenting with a UV treatment (posted on marketforum earlier). Not surprisingly, twitter and youtube have since deleted any reference to this research and the biotech company.

What is appalling in this time of crisis, is the twisted hatred that is directed towards the president, instead of working together (yes, I know, it's probably not always easy to work with him)

Late January, Pres Trump wanted to install a travell ban for incoming flights from China. Congress called him “xenophobic”, and the WHO called him “racist” Now, Nancy Pelosi spoke of the thousands of US citizens who were caught in China, when the epidemic broke out there. She said, he should have left these US Citizens stranded there (nice going, Nancy. My German buddies were on vacation in Spain, when trouble broke out there. They had no way of flying back home. Then the German government collected all stranded German citizens with government planes and brought them back home, in spite of the travel ban. That’s how it’s supposed to be done, Ms Pelosi!)

Mr. Schiff is now blaming Trump for the 50,000 corona deaths in the US.

When you see these kinds of comments, it would not surprise me if many undecideds would vote for Trump in November, just to spite Mr. Schiff et al.

By metmike - April 27, 2020, 9:21 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Gunter,

It is amazing isn't it!

By WxFollower - April 27, 2020, 10:44 p.m.
Like Reply

I still say Trump rambling about the idea of looking into injections if disinfectant was totally uncalled for imo. 

But what's done is done. It isn't the end of the world. I'm ready to move on from this.

By metmike - April 27, 2020, 10:48 p.m.
Like Reply

Wonderful Larry!