Amybody notice higher prices
1 response | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - May 8, 2020, 11:53 p.m.

Obviously pump gas is cheap but golly we hardly go any where to need to fill up the gas tank

But: Today I went to our small meat shop. This meat store, kills and processes both pork and beef. Golly are they making a good margin as I know the live animals have not gone up in price.

I paid 6.01/lb for hamburg today. Last week it was 4.01

Heck, I bought a really good blade roast for 1.50/lb more

Mind you this is CAD prices

The grocery store had no bean soup, but did have TP

The canned goods selection looked a bit skimpy in quantity. I am terrible at remembering prices in the grocery store, as I seldom do the shopping. But I do go to the meat shop, thus my surprise at the increased price

Anybody else seeing higher prices or shortages for anything

Comments
By metmike - May 10, 2020, 1:03 p.m.
Like Reply

Wayne,

Have not noticed higher prices except they pushed the price of gas, from a low of $1.19 up to $1.79.

When we dropped to $1.19, I had filled up a few days earlier at $1.29. I was shopping at Sam's which has even cheaper gas, priced at $1.16 on that day.

Even though I couldn't get 2 gallons into the gas tank, I filled up again just to say that I bought gas at $1.16 in April 2020, telling my wife that I bet it never gets down that low again in our life time.

That was the exact low!

South of the Ohio River, in Kentucky it had actually dropped to less and $1. I was tempted to drive down there, just say that I bought gas for 95c!