Stimuals needed for economic recovery
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - May 14, 2020, 11:32 a.m.

As Tim posted and I agree the stimulas the economy needs is to re-open for business  -  now

However, it looks as if the re-opening for business will not happen as govenors and mayors, plus Pelosie, continue to insist that re-opening will not happen and paartial lock downs will contine in some places well into June

I wish Tim was in charge of re-opening decisions

Between the treasury and the Fed unprecidented amounts of printing, to pay for stimulas cost and no end to stimulas spending, this is not good

Unemployment may reach depression numbers and if they dom then no amount of printing of digital moneey will bring the economy back tto life

Economists predict a recovery but the recovery if it happens will not be enough with much of the country shut down

This is getting worse by the day, and a few decide for the total country

Does anybody see a problem

I have talked to some local business people and they tell me about three weeks before total opening has to happen or they are in serious touble

It looks like a lot of business will be in serious trouble

The banks will see a tusimia of defaults on loan payments

One business I know has already told their bank they will need a yr before resuming, their business loan payments

Comments
By GunterK - May 14, 2020, 1:11 p.m.
Like Reply

there is no doubt, few businesses can keep paying rent, while not having any revenue. And you brought up an interesting point... banks.

It is quite possible that the number of loan defaults could take some banks into trouble. When that story hits the news, there will be a run on banks, people trying to take their money out.

Real estate values will plunge.

And one "business" not much mentioned.... government of cities and states.

City and state governments also rely on (tax) revenues to stay in business. Where are they getting their money to pay for trash collection, police force, fire department etc. As a matter of fact, here in Calif I already heard of gov employees having to expect pay-cuts.

.And then there is our bid daddy, the Federal Government.... and they are happy printing money out of thin air. Doing this one time is OK, but if it becomes an ongoing procedure, we will eventually have a hyperinflation.

More and more people across the US are protesting against the lockdowns. More and more doctors and scientists are now telling us that the lockdowns will eventually kill more people than corona. Yet, our pollticians talk about "risk", "too early", etc. pretening to prolong the lockdowns "for our safety", while in reality it's pure politics.

By metmike - May 14, 2020, 2:12 p.m.
Like Reply

Deaths suddenly doubling in BS model            

20 responses |              

Started by metmike - May 5, 2020, 2:26 a.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/51673/

Continues to be BS! Does the graph below updated with the latest data look like infection rates are going higher because we are opening up?

The  falling blue line is the plot of the daily numbers. The orange line is the total number.

The science is defined by this data. Follow the science! 

https://coronavirus.1point3acres.com/en