Post Corona Economics
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - May 24, 2020, 8:07 a.m.

Now that we have started to oprn up, i fail to see much of anything that makes me think recovery will happen any timr soon, if ever

About the only segment of the economy that is doing a good business is bysicles and bysickle repair shops

I can't see many segments of the economy returning to normal, thus my depression predictuin still holds true

Please excuss my typing mistakes, as i had a mini stroke, just recently, [2 days ago] that affected the fingers on my left hand. they just won't move any more

My vision seems to hane been affected also, making me do many typing mistakes

hopefully you can understand what i an trying to post???

looks like some day I may have to stop or be like susan

Comments
By metmike - May 24, 2020, 12:33 p.m.
Like Reply

Oh no, this is horrible to hear Wayne )-: 

I hope that you're going to be ok.  Don't worry about spelling or anything else, just make sure you're following your doctors advice and trying to be positive.

Do you have a history of strokes or is it in your family?

With regards to the economy, you might be right.  I don't have any skill in forecasting such things and will stick with forecasting weather but back in January/February, you were ahead of everyone else on the severity of the pandemic and its affects(when I was skeptical), so we should note your track record. 

By wglassfo - May 24, 2020, 4:41 p.m.
Like Reply

The reason I think the economy will struggle badly is all the stimulas money and couch potatoes.. Meat packing plants are a good example. even with Trumps executive order, production has fallen behind. it seems people are reluctant to venture too much or buy much.

So: Except for a small part of the economy such as grocery stores, home entertainment, jogging, dog walking  bicycles and bicycle repairs, home food delivery, take out meals people are not doing much. just like my wife is doing

If the stimulas money would stop, then it would be a different world. however the dems seem to want to push stimulas money forever. golly another 3 trillion

If the banks have a problem with an avalanche of BK, or Powell keeps on printing, we are doomed. the problem is we are printing more than any body else, with production and revenue kaput. Thus an avalanche of BK hitting the banks, and printing to make the banks whole. 10 % equity, at most banks is nothing compared to the coming BK's and banks losing revenue/equity, on bad loans

people think the gov't is here to save them. Eventually the gov't can't save them.

Banks aren't the only segment that will suffer due to BK

China has a production and BK/credit problem

We have a huge problem, as does the whole world