Employment Situation +2.5 MILLION. Yes. +2.5 Million jobs added in May
11 responses | 0 likes
Started by TimNew - June 5, 2020, 8:46 a.m.

Leaves me completely confused,  but for now,  go long or stay home.  Except Gold.  I'm betting you need to sell that.

I have to do some digging because this makes no sense to me...

http://us.econoday.com/byshoweventfull.asp?fid=509584&cust=us&year=2020&lid=0&prev=/byweek.asp#top

Comments
By mikempt - June 5, 2020, 9:14 a.m.
Like Reply

I know you dont want to hear this but its Obamas policies are still growing the Economy

By TimNew - June 5, 2020, 9:45 a.m.
Like Reply

Which ones?

By wglassfo - June 5, 2020, 11:11 a.m.
Like Reply

One small reason why the report makes no sense

Given there are 200k dentist, most of which were shut down, the report says 245k new dentist assistant jobs were added

Also look at the number of new business started during a time of lock down

I guess if china can reverse engineer something so can we if it makes people feel better

It is a model and the report in an ad numdeum at the bottom says the report may not be accurate

By metmike - June 5, 2020, 11:42 a.m.
Like Reply

I think it's from the Bush tax cuts (-: 

I think that Mike is joking.

Related to this, before the cornonavirus:

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/01/trumps-numbers-january-2020-update/

Analysis

This is our eighth quarterly update of the “Trump’s Numbers” scorecard that we posted in January 2018 and have updated every three months, most recently on October 11. We’ll publish additional updates every three months, as fresh statistics become available.

Here we’ve included statistics that may seem good or bad or just neutral, depending on the reader’s point of view. That’s the way we did it when we posted our first “Obama’s Numbers” article seven years ago — and in the quarterly updates and final summary that followed. And we’ve maintained the same practice under Trump.

Then as now, we make no judgment as to how much credit or blame any president deserves for things that happen during his time in office. Opinions differ on that.

By metmike - June 5, 2020, 11:44 a.m.
Like Reply

In Trump's First 30 Months, Manufacturing Up By 314,000 Jobs Over Obama; Which States Are Hot?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckdevore/2019/07/10/in-trumps-first-30-months-manufacturing-up-by-314000-jobs-over-obama-what-states-are-hot/#644483282677

Manufacturing job growth has been concentrated in the Mountain States and the Midwest.  

Manufacturing job growth has been concentrated in the Mountain States and the Midwest.

Texas Public Policy Foundation with data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

By metmike - June 5, 2020, 11:45 a.m.
Like Reply

I'm not saying these were the jobs, just sending links to jobs related articles.

Tim can tell us what he thinks as the authority on the economy.

By TimNew - June 5, 2020, 2:53 p.m.
Like Reply

A nice break down.

By wglassfo - June 6, 2020, 12:23 a.m.
Like Reply

Somebody should investigate that break down you posted. It tells a false story, as the models are not used correctly

If people are not working but the employer reports them as furloughed as per the virus, then in reality they are not working, but being paid to stay home, thus the model says they are working, if they are being paid. Staying home while being paid should not be classified as working but the model says they are working, for any number of reasons

Once the benefits run out, many of those small biz will  no longer report employees as being paid.  Unless small biz can access more stimulus money, employees will suddenly  not be employed. When stimulus money runs out to stay home and be paid, those people will not be classified as working. The model used reports  that anybody  being paid is employed.

That's usually how it works. If you earn money you are employed.  But the models were not set up for people at home and being paid

It makes things look better than they really are, unless you think everybody will get their job back

I imagine most expect not very many will return to their previous job, thus it is a false employment number

A little common sense says employment did not increase. Just add the unemployment claims and the number of people paid to stay home and you have most of your answer

Blame the models being used for false info

What more can I say???

The info is false

By TimNew - June 6, 2020, 7:20 a.m.
Like Reply

There are people who have been getting paid for staying home since the virus got a start a few months ago.  Those numbers are not included in the above graph.

By wglassfo - June 6, 2020, 11:26 a.m.
Like Reply

I wish I had the info that was attached when that jobs report 1st came out

The folks who did the report said they were embarrassed to do a report such as this

Unfortunately I don't have that info

I can't prove my point except I read the reports and the people who did the work

But I don't have any confirmation, about the models, thus I give up

By TimNew - June 6, 2020, 11:31 a.m.
Like Reply

Where did you see people saying they were embarrassed to do the report?