So, the people who love the USA are cheering 2.5 million jobs...
9 responses | 0 likes
Started by TimNew - June 5, 2020, 8:26 p.m.

The rest are voting for Biden.

It amazes me that we have people that are saying this is nothing to celibrate.  Are any of them not dems?  I DON'T THINK SO.

Comments
By metmike - June 5, 2020, 8:59 p.m.
Like Reply

Tim,

It was crystal clear that a huge part of fighting against opening up again was to prevent the economy from recovering for as long as possible. 

It was supposedly to save lives in the face of the science which had become more and more compelling that the self imposed economic damage was over an order of magnitude worse than the damage from COVID-19 and getting worse by the day. 

Even as we opened up, they fought it and twisted facts to stop it. 

Deaths suddenly doubling in BS model            

23 responses |          

Started by metmike - May 5, 2020, 2:26 a.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/51673/

Now, suddenly saving lives from the deadly coronavirus by staying home and especially by avoiding crowds..........NO  LONGER MATTERS!

Suddenly, Public Health Officials Say Social Justice Matters More Than Social Distance

For months, health experts told Americans to stay home. Now, many are encouraging the public to join mass protests.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/06/04/public-health-protests-301534

Double standard of liberals between COVID and riots            

15 responses |             

Started by WxFollower - June 2, 2020, 1:56 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/53203/

Its crystal clear. Hatred for Donald Trump and defeating him in November is more important than anything else. More important than the truth. More important than science and medicine. More important than the best interest of America(they have decided that their America must not have Trump in it.............end of story).

By TimNew - June 5, 2020, 9:29 p.m.
Like Reply

How can you possibly live in this country and be anything but thrilled at 2,5 million people getting jobs?  What would bother you about that?  What is YOUR GOAL? 

By wglassfo - June 6, 2020, 12:26 a.m.
Like Reply

Because the jobs info is false

However the double standard is not false

By metmike - June 6, 2020, 1:44 a.m.
Like Reply

You might be right on both points Wayne!

By 7475 - June 6, 2020, 10:05 a.m.
Like Reply

Yes mm

I think Wayne is correct

John

By pj - June 6, 2020, 6:06 p.m.
Like Reply

Tim: Possibly related to your question.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/53453/

By TimNew - June 6, 2020, 7:06 p.m.
Like Reply

Sorry PJ.  I don't see the relevance.  What am I missing?

As far as the job numbers?   We have folks who think they are false?   I can see being skeptical.  I'm skeptical..  But after pouring through the BLS report and looking at other data,  I have no way to substantiate falsehood.

Apparently Wayne has heard from some Delphi Oracle that the authors of the report are embarrassed,  but he has yet to provide the source.

But the facts in my little world.  My net worth in equities is now higher than it was in late February, even when discounting the 10% I've added since late March. I projected a few weeks ago that equities would reach previrus levels in 3 months or less.   Looks like it will be much less.  When it reaches previrus levels, I will be showing a fantastic profit.  If that trend continues,  and I suspect it will,  I'll have the most profitable year I've had in my entire life in equities.  And I've had some fantastic years.

So be pessimistic.  Sell equities,  energies, grains.  People like me will be buying all ya got.  

TIA  :-)

By pj - June 6, 2020, 7:32 p.m.
Like Reply

Tim: Sorry PJ.  I don't see the relevance.  What am I missing?

Not everyone sees never-ending growth as good nor sustainable.

Congrats on the call on the market.

By TimNew - June 6, 2020, 10:33 p.m.
Like Reply

We're no where near the limits this world has to offer IMO.

And we have never had a better investment opportunity than we have right now,  IMO