Mahyor Frey of Minniapolis
2 responses | 1 like
Started by wglassfo - June 6, 2020, 8:59 p.m.

On May 29 mayor frey said they would get through this difficult time on their own

Trump has consistently told city mayors to crack down on looting and burning

Now mayor frey is asking for Federal monetary help to re-build

Well Mr mayor you and everybody that refused help to stop the riots can dang well get through this diffucult period by yourself. If you didn't want Trumps advice and help, when your cities were burning, then don't come crying for mometary help after the fact

You refused help so now you will have to help yourself. And if the people decide to move out of a ruined city then who do you suppose is to blame. Your tax revenue will suffer

I hate to say it, but you should have listened to Trump when you and other city officials across the land had the chance

Comments
By metmike - June 7, 2020, 11:59 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Wayne,

Interpreting Federal assistance the last few months has been quite a topic.

On one day, the states and everybody else is pleading for help or screaming they aren't getting enough from the Federal Government and Trump is neglecting his duty to provide massive assistance to fix everything. 

The next day,  maybe on a different part of the same topic, Trump might be demanding actions from some of those same states and everybody is screaming for him to stay completely out of it and accusing him of being a dictator. 

And this sort of thing has been going back and forth since March.

In every single case, Trump is portrayed as either not doing nearly enough because of incompetence  or bias or he is doing way too much and is a dictator.

By wglassfo - June 8, 2020, 2:41 a.m.
Like Reply

Looks like the city council over ruled the mayor

The police dept. is being disbanded by the council members

We shall wait and see how well that works 

The same thing is being considered in other cities but no decisions have been made that I know of

What would you think if your community had no polIce department???  

Depending on where you live this may be sooner or later

The USA is being torn apart

I'm not so sure our Prime Minister may be testing the political winds