if it's ok to protest..... (edited)
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by GunterK - June 7, 2020, 12:57 a.m.

if it's OK to protest, all businesses should be allowed to reopen.

I am singling out the governor of Michigan.... but the same could be said about several governors and mayors....

Just a few days ago, Gov. Whitmer was strongly against re-opening businesses. The reason....the lack of social distancing would start another wave of Covid19.

This weekend, she is marching, shoulder to shoulder, with a large number of protestors.

Now that protest marches are encouraged by our leaders, not a single business should still be shut down.

I don't want to call the virus a hoax... it obviously exists...however our leaders' response to it is starting more and more to look like a hoax....a hoax engineered to destroy the economy and hurt the American people for political reasons...

A governor to display hypocrisy in such blatant form is difficult to accept.

And, as I said, she is not alone. Many governors and mayors are enforcing shutdowns while encouraging protest marches.

It's time to drop the masks... go about our lives as usual.... of course, for the many bankrupt businesses and the millions unemployed it's a bit too late.

Comments
By metmike - June 7, 2020, 7:08 p.m.
Like Reply

Too late Gunter!

The protests may already be spiking the number higher. What might happen, if we keep going higher is that they might actually delay openings even longer. It's actually conceivable that some states could shut more things down again if it gets really bad(hopefully not). The protests will have run their course already but we will be told, after that "protests and opening up businesses are bad" and its the economy and businesses that will suffer the most..........again. 

Larry pointed this out last week!

Double standard of liberals between COVID and riots            

15 responses |               

Started by WxFollower - June 2, 2020, 1:56 p.m.        

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/53203/

I am not predicting this, just stating an outside chance probability. There is tremendous uncertainty.......except that we know that blatantly violating social distancing rules in hundreds of cities was ok for millions of people for protests  but following social distancing rules was not good enough for opening businesses or going to church in some of the same states. 

That is NOT science or even common sense ............it's politics!

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/52243/

June 7th.............sadly, new cases may be climbing higher as we have speculated they might for the last week+. New cases Saturday were the highest in over a month.......... since May 1st.

Previous message:

June: We have a new legit concern that millions of people discarding the known benefits of social distancing to protest, especially in urban areas that have the highest risk/incidence of COVID-19 will cause the infection rate to increase again. At the very least, it may keep numbers from falling as fast as they would have. This is not an anti protesting message. I went to a protest in our low risk community on Saturday with an N-95 mask. It's just a statement based on science.

New daily positives with the much higher rate of testing and opening up is steady.

Find this data here: https://coronavirus.1point3acres.com/en

Daily new cases in blue below. Cumulative new cases in orange. Testing has doubled in the last month which is keeping the measured rate from falling..

By wglassfo - June 8, 2020, 3:04 a.m.
Like Reply

It's worse in Canada

We can't get a hair cut since Feb. but our Prime Minister was out in public walking shoulder to shoulder with protestors

Only emergency surgery in hospitals

No resturants, public restrooms for week end jaunts, quarantine  if out of the country, the list goes on

Who said these people could make or break the rules

You can be shoulder to shoulder if you protest

We should protest the lock down rules, but we are the law abiding part of society

I wonder if the protests were in some way a re-action to being shut in for so long. People saw an excuse to get outside and then the criminal element manifested itself