Truck drivers refusing to deliver...
3 responses | 0 likes
Started by GunterK - June 14, 2020, 12:20 p.m.

Truck drivers are refusing to deliver to cities with defunded police departments

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/truck-drivers-reject-deliver-cities-defunded-or-disbanded-police-departments

soon, there will be food shortages in those cities, in addition to increased crime

Comments
By metmike - June 14, 2020, 12:56 p.m.
Like Reply

One can completely understand this Gunter!

On a related note. Cops are being taken out of urban city schools now..............where we need them the most.

The majority of those that object to the cops, complain that the majority of those arrested in the schools are black or brown. But they fail to recognize(from ignorance) that young black males commit violent crimes at 6 times the rate of young black whites.  Of course there will be more arrests of the ones that commit the most crime. We need for this authentic fact to start being told so that we work on the MAIN problem together.

Hating the police and getting them out of our lives because some bad ones target black and brown people is the exactly wrong thing to do.  What you do is get rid of the bad cops.

If I have a large bag of apples and one goes bad, do I throw the entire bag out.......or do I get rid of the bad one?

Cops are actually what many of  our schools need so that the majority of students and teachers can teach and learn in a safe, productive environment.

I grew up in Detroit and luckily, went to a Catholic school in the 60's/70's that was located in a decent neighborhood.

However, our Detroit public schools were a very dangerous place back then(this was part of why some parents that could afford it, sent their kids to a Catholic school).  Being stabbed or shot or attacked was a threat every day for the high school students. In what world does one live in that this dynamic should not require cops to restore a safer environment? Since the vast majority of the students were black and they committed an even higher % of the crimes, on what planet would most of the encounters between cops and students not involve blacks?

I found the comments at this site interesting. With strong opinions on both sides of the issue.

Should police stay in Salem-Keizer schools? Here's what local citizens are saying

https://www.salemreporter.com/posts/2534/should-police-stay-in-salem-keizer-schools-heres-what-local-citizens-are-saying

By TimNew - June 14, 2020, 6:28 p.m.
Like Reply

This has to be intentional.   No one could possibly be so stupid as to not know how this will turn out.  So it's intentional? What could the goal be? 

By metmike - June 14, 2020, 8:38 p.m.
Like Reply

Tim,

People are brainwashed with ideas that make no sense.

After listening to propaganda for years, it defines what they believe.

I've known this for years but actually experienced a tiny version of it the day after Trump gave his law and order presentation using the bible for a prop.

I will often watch CNN for a few hours each day while on the computer just to hear and know what they are stating. On this particular day, I was blown away with the extreme intensity of their attacks on Trump. Don Lemon, for instance was insisting he was a dictator and calling for people to "fight back".   

This went on all day Tuesday as they described all the protesting as peaceful............and I thought "aha, there you go, Trumps threats must have sunk in because all the violence completely ended" Proof that what he said worked.

Then I turned on FOX at 7pm and Tucker Carlson. Lead story...........6 cops shot, 1 dead and tons of violence still going on. 

CNN had hoodwinked me all day into thinking all the protesting was peaceful because they were trying to use propaganda to make it look like the racist President Trump was abusing his power to reign in peaceful protestors exercising their right  of freedom of speech..........and this would an outrage.

They faked me out too.

I still watch CNN but no more all day stuff because I need to stay connected to the REAL world.