Cop shakes
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - June 16, 2020, 12:06 p.m.

Bleach was discovered in shakes served to 3 cops

They were hospitalized but no permanent damage done

It has been decided that no crime was commited

What the heck is going on

How much abuse do we expect the police to take

You and I don't have any control over events such as this

Would you blame the cops if they refused to do their job

Any time they try they are the bad guys

Cops asking to be re-assigned or moving to another part of the country would seriously be on my mind if I was a cop

No matter, we can't expect our police to be sugject of abuse

Any act of aggression against the police should be a felony and most is a felony

This is going from bad to worse with weak willed political officials caving in to demands that put police in danger

Would you want to be a cop today

MiKempt says most cops are jerks

So: Do we just eliminate all cops because most are jerks???

You and I can't change anything so why bother

Even posting is a waste of time, except I found out most cops are jerks

Comments
Re: Cop shakes
0 likes
By metmike - June 16, 2020, 1:10 p.m.
Like Reply

"You and I can't change anything so why bother"

I have found that to be not true............if you are lucky enough to be in a position to apply yourself.

3,500 kids have played chess at 5 schools in our county and another 1,000 played in the the 2nd biggest tournament in our state that I run, including from 4 inner cities schools here. 

Did this change their lives?

For some, no. For many, it contributed many positive things...........and nothing but positive things(zero negatives) towards their developing minds and personalities.

For a few, that turned out to be elite players.......it had a massive impact..........was the most important thing in their lives for numerous years. 

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/48387/

What about most people that aren't fortunate to be in this position?

We can all change somebody's world every day........just a bit and for a moment at least.

Humans are very social creatures. We love interacting with other humans. In person, you can smile and say hi to a complete stranger and for a few seconds, they will feel better than they did before you did that. The response back will usually lift you up by a tiny amount and last a few seconds but it was real. 

On a forum, you can be a positive contributor, just like you are Wayne. Bring up intriguing questions and share with us, a piece of your life and knowledge, while treating others with respect.

I would not be moderator of this forum unless there were positive messages, honesty and authentic science/facts and guys like you Wayne greatly contributing to that effort and am very grateful to you...................see how easy that was. That probably made you feel good and you deserved it and it was sincere. 

Actually, I very much enjoy posts that disagree with me the most........so that I can either prove the point, or be forced to adjust the opinion. 

Always a learning experience, along with me enjoying the friendship of everybody here. 

If, instead I griped about not getting paid and having to spend hours a day doing research for posts and responding to posts like this one with long winded dissertations that take up much of my productive time and get my wife mad at me........then, it would take the reader down a notch.

I'll save my complaining for the actions of the  frauds in the world..........fake news, the fake climate crisis, political hypocracy and stuff like that.

Hey Wayne, 

As our number 1 poster after the moderator, you are giving readers/lurkers more stuff to read and are much appreciated!

By metmike - June 16, 2020, 1:25 p.m.
Like Reply

With regards to the bleach in cops shakes. 

This is so sad. They are being intentionally vilified for a political agenda that goes well beyond making huge changes to the way they (over) assert themselves on the job.

There is a large group of good people that just want cops to change for the better. Other groups are hijacking the movement. Trying to destroy cops and blame cops for the problems that.........ironically we call them to save us and help us from. That we need them for.  Taking away the cops will not make the real problem go away, it will make that problem much worse.

With an election coming up, its convenient  to blame the failure of society to give blacks the same AMerican Dream as whites on cops.  

Truth is that our politicians and leaders are almost all to blame. 

They get paid 6 figure salaries to come up with schemes to blame the cops and get votes so they can keep their 6 figure income/power,  instead of to fix the real problems.

Brilliant ideas like wearing colorful African garb to impress African Americans but did not educate 1 black person or get them 1 job or strengthen 1 fatherless black family.

Nothing but a political stunt to keep the blacks voting for them so that they can stay in power and do more nothing. 

Using statistics to lie and smear cops            

12 responses |               

Started by metmike - June 12, 2020, 7:48 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/53752/