Minnesota asks for Federal Funds
3 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - July 12, 2020, 10:22 a.m.

Minnesota is asking for Federal funds [16 million if I remember correctly] to help in the damage caused by the civil unrest

I don't think this included lost inventory by business owners but I could be wrong

A lot was for clean up and damage to public buildings [I think]

Does Minnesota have a legitimate claim for Federal funds

The Trump administration denied the request

My  question

Why does every body expect the gov't to fix your problem [make you whole again] what ever it may be

Comments
By WxFollower - July 12, 2020, 11:24 a.m.
Like Reply

I think Trump may actually be right in this case. It almost seems like MN dug their own grave.

By mcfarm - July 12, 2020, 1:44 p.m.
Like Reply

yes, sound very similar to our brave senators, congressmen, and city councilors who have audacity to defund the police then ask for police protection doesn't it?

By wglassfo - July 13, 2020, 4:44 p.m.
Like Reply

I have been thinking about this post for some time

In other words, would this post just cause more division on the forum

We see defund the police signs in many white neighbour hoods. Granted we see similar signs in a lot of places and certainly when demonstrators gather, many white people join with a defund the police sign

The white people with defund the police signs bother me a bit. Are they sincere or just doing this with no thought of the consequenses

When Holly wood boulavard was invaded with demonstrators, that was head lines. The police quickly cleared the demonstrators. High value property owners pay lots of taxes and demand police protection as only the wealthy can afford and expect. Plus every high value property has a wall and security, at least when we visited that neighbour hood.

So: Does this mean that in mostly poor black communities the more affluent whites don't care about increasing shootings and crime so long as the white people know they will be protected, by the police

In other words, let the poor people live in fear, crime etc as who cares what happens "to those people"

Who cares if defund the police makes white people feel good as white people know their property will be protected

Has any body looked at a map in some cities where the crime rate is high. Chicago is the city I looked at and the lines of crime was very obvious, This side of the line had crime, that side had a very small amount of crime.. You could trace the lines by street. Sort of inside these streets or out side the street. The crime was mostly confined to a  solid number of blocks within the city

So let them shoot each other so long as white people have protection. Who cares and a sign just makes those white people feel better

Does this seem to be the trend with defund the police. How many police  have lost their job because, defund the police, meant cut backs in personnel or have police been re-assigned differently