Comments
By metmike - July 28, 2020, 12:08 a.m.
Like Reply

mcrfarm, this looks to be over 2 months old.

Any progress since then?

By mcfarm - July 28, 2020, 8 a.m.
Like Reply

why yes, yes there is progress. Old Joe tried what he has been doing for 40 years with AG Barr. After the threat they had a conversation, Joe retreated to his basement and has not been heard from since.

On a serious note, if and when any of the crap in Biden's closet starts to roll out it curtains....It will take some of the msm's to actually do some honest reporting

By metmike - July 28, 2020, 1:12 p.m.
Like Reply

mcfarm,

People don't care about that stuff.

This is all that matters.

1.  Donald J. Trump

2. Not Donald J. Trump

We know all the bad stuff about Biden already. Most people don't even care that his obvious cognitive decline WILL affect his ability to do the job of president. Never Trumpers, are just convincing themselves that Joe has always been like this in order to not face that authentic fact. 

What happens with COVID between now and November will be the biggest determinant, by far for changes in how people vote. 

Trumps only chance.............ONLY one, is if COVID news turns the corner sharply to being GOOD news and Trump is seen playing a role in it.

COVID  is expected to get worse for the rest of the year...........and Trump is being blamed. This is dialed into expectations, thanks to the MSM but mostly because of Trump. 

With such rock bottom expectations, it leaves the potential for good news to maximize a positive effect.

With Trumps new strategy, people would associate the good news with him and if it came before the election, he could peak on a high note in November. The MSM will still dwell on Trumps bad COVID policies earlier in the year, even though his new and improved policies are the same as theirs(which disarms them for that aspect).

There is much uncertainty and it seems  very unlikely that we will be close to out of the woods enough in November to elect Trump but in this unprecedented, unpredictable environment, there are unknown wild cards.

What if news came out in September that they have a proven vaccine which Trump is mass producing and 

will be available to every one by the end of the year?

That probably won't happen but if it did and for that first time, people started imagining their lives finally getting back to normal in 2021............and saw Trump as part of that..............it would maximize his vote getting potential. Note I didn't say win the election.

The potential for the economy to do well in 2021 is much greater with Trump at the helm. However, that is being nullified by COVID concerns. When COVID concerns get dialed down, then the economy will move back higher as a priority for many people.

Posts like this one are not intended to favor one side or reflect wishful thinking.

They are just stating facts.............in this case, what would NEED to happen(and is unlikely) for Trump to maximize his votes. 

By WxFollower - July 28, 2020, 2:15 p.m.
Like Reply

Mike,

You're generalizing. Many do look at the candidates. You keep saying the same thing over and over and over and over...that it is Trump vs not Trump. For some, yes. For others, no. I think Biden could very well be a great Pres. And it is far from certain that he has had "obvious cognitive decline". Probably some which is normal by this age, but maybe not significant. He has been stuttering all of his life. That may be confusing you and others. Also, many pro Trump folks are intentionally overblowing this.

Anyway, Trump is today once again reminding me of how horrible he is. I'm proud to say that I never even considered voting for him either election. 

By metmike - July 29, 2020, 12:08 a.m.
Like Reply

" You're generalizing. Many do look at the candidates. You keep saying the same thing over and over and over and over...that it is Trump vs not Trump." 

I am generalizing Larry. For the vast majority of people, that's the way it is.

Lets assign some actual wild guess numbers to that generalizing.

So lets say that Trump gets 45% of the votes and Biden gets 55%. Numbers that you like.

The 45% that vote for Trump, maybe will include 1% of never Biden voters, so 44% vote for Donald J. Trump because he is Trump.

We know that there is an extraordinarily high % of people that would never vote Trump, like you no matter what and no matter who he runs against. These never Trumpers who want him out more than anything, would be nuts to vote a 3rd party and waste a vote against Trump. So whether its Biden, or Sanders or somebody else, they get the vote because they are not Donald J.Trump.

Out of the 55%, that vote for Biden, how many would have voted for any democrat because they are not Trump?

40%?

I actually think that its probably higher but lets use 40% as the wild guess of people who will vote for whoever is not Donald Trump..........regardless of the choice.

45% + 40% =85% of people voting for

1. Donald J. Trump

2. Not Donald J.Trump

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I think Biden could very well be a great Pres. And it is far from certain that he has had "obvious cognitive decline". Probably some which is normal by this age, but maybe not significant. He has been stuttering all of his life. That may be confusing you and others. Also, many pro Trump folks are intentionally overblowing this.

Larry,

I was a big Biden fan going way back. I would have voted for him to be president in 1988. I always liked him a great deal until recently. 

I am absolutely NOT confused about Biden's ability to communicate  back then, compared to Biden today. ...but lets not make this about my OPINION or your OPINION.

See for yourself:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/56799/

Thanks pj,

I assume that you must not have gone back to look at those ding bat years to compare Biden then, with Biden today.

Here's some vintage Biden then so that you can compare..........was he stuttering?  Confused? Acting like a ding bat?

No need to show you Biden now...........you can see for yourself its not nearly the same Joe.

Most people lose a mental step when they get to Biden's age. Nothing unnatural and nothing to be ashamed about. However, people running for the office of president should not have clearly lost several steps in just the last several years.

One side is trying to convince us that Joe has always been like this..........to assure us that there won't be additional cognitive declines that come with dementia. 

Joe has  NOT always been like this. 

The old Joe was sharp as a tack and had gifted communication and speaking skills. See for yourself. This was a man that was qualified to lead the country as president. 

Joe Biden makes impassioned speech on apartheid in resurfaced 1986 footage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_v00iGJCLY

1988 Road to the White House with Sen. Biden

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1j0FS0Z6ho

He actually got busted lying about his credentials and for plagiarizing which ended his first presidential campaign above but he had lots of fire and was very effective at projecting powerful messages.  When he speaks now, at times he struggles to find the right words and for me watching/listening, I feel uncomfortable because he seems VERY uncomfortable.

I would have voted for him in 1988 if he had been the nominee.             

Joe Biden is in cognitive decline as evidenced by the speeches above  that allow us to see the Joe before cognitive decline to compare with today. 

Can he still have good debates?

Sure and with low expectations, he will be allowed a few gaffs and still have the MSM interpreting it as Joe BIden not in cognitive decline. 

But he clearly is.

My biggest concern and question is, "What will be the rate of his continuing cognitive decline the next 4 years? It's possible that it will be very slow and he is not that much worse than he is now. 

But that should never be a question we seriously ask about somebody that makes it to the ballet in November. If you are already in cognitive decline of any type, it should automatically disqualify you from holding the most important office in the land................... which has the requirement of being at the top of your cognitive game.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

By metmike - July 28, 2020, 2:15 p.m.            

Thanks pj!

Just a matter of the degree of the decline that we differ on and that will always remain and I could be proven wrong.

After he is elected, his performance will be the only thing to determine that. 

Speeches like that are why I always liked Joe Biden in the past.

Liked him alot.

That Joe Biden is long gone.