Tucker Carlson calls Dr Fauci a fraud...
16 responses | 0 likes
Started by GunterK - Aug. 1, 2020, 7:36 p.m.

for not admitting that protests cause the spread of the virus

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/510118-tucker-carlson-calls-fauci-a-fraud-after-tense-hearing

Dr Fauci has been an outspoken proponent of prolonged lockdowns, the closing of churches, schools and businesses.

Comments
By mcfarm - Aug. 2, 2020, 8:48 a.m.
Like Reply

as usual Tucker gets to the truth..........way before most any other analyst

By wglassfo - Aug. 2, 2020, 1:13 p.m.
Like Reply

As you posted before:

Jordon did a rather good job of questioning Fauci at that inquiry before congress [I don't know what you people call those congressional inquiries but I am sure you know what I mean]

Fauci refused to use the word "demonstrators" but did admit "crowds of people" was not advisable

Jordon deserves high praise for putting fauci in a position that he could not escape with out admitting he was not being truthful. Too bad that did not get more publicity but what can you expect from todays MSM

As time goes by perhaps people like Fauci will be seen as what I call "truth deniers" and many mayors are using Fauci for their personal political or power motivated arbitrary policies

The other thing that will have consequences is defund the police, but I digress

By joj - Aug. 2, 2020, 9:20 p.m.
Like Reply

I'm not sure what this thread or any of the others on this site have to do with the pathetic lack of leadership from
Trump.  We are among the 10 worst countries in the world for deaths per capita. It all begins with Trump calling this a hoax and Republicans ridiculing people who wear masks. 

WEAR A MASK !!!

By GunterK - Aug. 2, 2020, 10:46 p.m.
Like Reply

actually, this thread is not about Trump... it's all about Dr Fauci and his inconsistent comments. You can't be for locking up schools, locking up churches, locking up business, and not  take a strong stance against protest marches,... not a person of his stature and standing.  

That's what this short thread is all about.

However, since you brought Trump into the mix...

Sure, Trump took the virus too lightly in February, so did Nancy Pelosi when she invited everyone to party in chinatown. So did the W.H.O., when they advised Trump against restricting international travel.

However, today, the experts know more about this virus than in February, and something does not sit right with Dr Fauci's behavior, Maybe, Trump is right, when he is distancing himself from Dr. Fauci  

By metmike - Aug. 2, 2020, 11:43 p.m.
Like Reply

Those that hate Trump, can't see anything except everything is Trumps fault.

Some of this is Trumps fault of course.

We've discussed his decision to have the rally in OK countless times, which I refer to as the dumbest decision by any president in history(that I can think of).

And that him finally advocating masks was a couple of months late.

How many of the many, many thousands of people infected at protests did he cause?

Zero.

Who's fault is that?

Certainly not a guy trying to reign in violence/riots at some protests(that feature mostly peaceful people spreading COVID and some NOT wearing masks)

You can bring up anything you want in any thread but when a discussion completely focused on Fauci, results in "it's Trumps fault" .............that speaks for itself.

I have been a  huge Fauci cheerleader and defender.........until this past week. 

He is wrong about HCQ based on the medical facts and enough is enough with regards to his not being honest about the massive spread of COVID from protests in many locations.

I still like Fauci a great deal(and still dislike Trump a great deal) and still think the majority of information that Fauci communicates is right on the money(and Trump has communicated some bs COVID information in the past).

Fauci communicates it better than any person on the planet.

He is 100 times smarter than me about virus's.

But he's clearly allowed a political bias to affect his position and gets away with it because that particular position, by no coincidence is the one being falsely pushed by the MSM...............so though I like the guy personally, his credibility with me has plunged off of a cliff based on facts. 

For those that don't remember my many pro Fauci posts in the past, here is an example:

Anthony Fauci-COVID-19 Task Force            

Started by metmike - March 28, 2020, 10:38 p.m. 

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/49666/

"This guy deserves the highest possible award/recognition that our country can bestow on one of its citizens."

Since then, we know this below with certainty(at least the few of us that look objectively at facts/data-that can't be hidden/covered up and can be honest about it without worrying about being obliterated and labelled a racist)

Covering up massive COVID being spread from protests            

15 responses |        

Started by metmike - July 30, 2020, 7:28 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/57070/

We also know how HCQ works..........what it does to the human body and why its helped many people and thousands of doctors(that understand medicine and are in the business of saving lives) prescribe it.

Trump touts HCQ again and wacko doc who promotes it            

20 responses |     

Started by pj - July 28, 2020, 10:49 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/56930/

But Fauci has taken the  wrong position in both those areas. 

The thing that makes it especially bad here is that he is recognized by the majority of people as THE authority on COVID. Not AN authority but THE top expert on the planet.

People will believe anything Fauci says.........because Fauci said it. Everything that he says is treated like COVID Gospel.  This is great on most of the stuff(which he IS right about) but when he is really wrong on these 2 issues..........he's not being held accountable....in fact, its being treated as him being right because...........it's Fauci. 

Because of that, people are making really, really bad decisions.

Protesting has been encouraged with the narrative continuing "there is no evidence that protesting is causing the spread of COVID"..........and many thousands of people are dying because Fauci didn't come out strongly in discouraging protests. He would have been listened to.............but we didn't get that message from him.

His position on HCQ is being ignored by many knowledgeable doctors who prescribe it anyway, understanding how it works. However, there are likely  many doctors who don't use it because Fauci says it doesn't work.  

This isn't about Trump, it's about the most powerful voice in America on COVID......Dr. Fauci. 

By joj - Aug. 3, 2020, 7:54 a.m.
Like Reply

I've noticed lots of threads about protests and Fauci and the topic of Trumps lack of leadership doesn't get nearly as much attention.  

Regarding protests.  Here is a chart of NYC cases and deaths from Covid19:

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&channel=mac_bm&sxsrf=ALeKk02DHxqQ2VDU-9x4mv4WlrsInj09Kw%3A1596454030505&ei=jvQnX4myHtitytMPzcqygAQ&q=coronavirus+nyc+chart

Notice that despite a massive increase in testing (coinciding with the protests) positive tests results are down over 95% since the peak.  So given the increase in testing, it is probably closer to a 97.5% decline in positive test results. 

Why wasn't there a spike in the virus spreading in NYC while protests were going on?  Because EVERYONE was wearing a mask.  Even the cops.   As opposed to a Trump rally where 99% of those in attendance proudly gather without wearing a mask.  (inconsiderate?, stupid?)  Good Lord, I was taught to cover my mouth when I sneeze when I was 5 years old.  I never heard anyone say that it was some violation of my constitutional rights.

Several months later and after 150,000 deaths Trump mentions once that putting on a mask is a patriotic act.  That is the clearest evidence that he botched this thing.  Not just from the beginning, which was misunderstood by many, but well into the pandemic, when the science was plain for ALL to see.  A real leader would have been pounding that message every day from the end of April on. "WEAR A MASK!"   Were Trump's motivations somehow political?  Was he afraid to admit that a huge challenge was at hand (denial)?  I don't know.  But he failed a very basic calling of leadership.  And STILL is!

I know that the moderator NEVER  fails to point out that ANY criticism of Trump is due to being a Trump hater.  

Go ahead talk about Fauci.  Talk about protests.   As if we wouldn't have a huge problem in this country if there were no Fauci and no protests.   And although the Trump defenders here are unmoved by his lack of leadership, independent voters are moving away from him.

WEAR A MASK!!  It is not political.  It's common decency.  

By metmike - Aug. 3, 2020, 1:03 p.m.
Like Reply

I agree  strongly about wearing a mask joj. 

You TDS types continue to be blinded by hate. This includes mischaracterizing my position and discussion and being totally oblivious to what I actually post because as I keep insisting "hate is blind".

I agree with you 100% on Trumps mishandling of wearing masks. However, even repeating it in this thread earlier for you (for the umpteenth time in the last 2 months) about Fauci isn't enough for you. Nor is my actually pointing out(for the umpteenth time) that the dumbest thing a president has done in history was Trump having the OK rally.  TDS causes people to only see anybody and any issue that that has Trump less than 100% at fault.......as being flawed.

I can criticize Trump over his bad position on masks, the horrible rally, his making up facts, having the worst character of a president in history and being a bully, then when he is right on something like HCQ based on science...........the HCQ crowd accuses me of only having Trump defending threads and positions here.

There are some here that see it only that way(Trump supporters) but you are not only off the mark in characterizing me that way but you completely missed the target......in fact you shot the wrong ammo and aimed at the wrong target so that you can create this fake metmike position, in order to attack it. 

HATE IS BLIND.

You probably couldn't even let that paragraphs above sink in about how I really feel about Trump because of it.  Maybe this time it will. Your extremely intelligent. How can I be more clear on this position, then constantly stating it here?

On your example using NYC. I guess you didn't really read my PROOF of it causing COVID thread. 

Giving us examples of where there is no evidence that protests caused an increase does not disprove my PROOF that it did in some places.

In many places where the rates went higher, it was NOT from protesting. I keep hearing that this is proof that protesting is not causing it. If you just read my thread on this and actually let the information stick in your brain, you will understand the point better. 

I also showed the indisputable correlation between COVID in GA and the Rayshard Brooks protesting..... not the opening up.

One side insists that they are all about science.......wear masks.......social distance.........avoid large crowds but have a mind boggling disconnect when a million people break those rules......because THOSE million people don't need to follow the same science/rules since their POLITICAL CAUSE is much more powerful than the science.

You sending me information about NYC as evidence that protesting does not increase COVID tells me that you belong to that group joj.

I went to a protest in early June........so its NOT my political position affecting my view. 

Please Read the thread below and all the posts. It's not pro Trump, it has ZERO to do with Trump. Convince yourself of that before you read it, so the you can turn off your TDS and let the information into your brain.

Covering up massive COVID being spread from protests            

15 responses |        

Started by metmike - July 30, 2020, 7:28 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/57070/

Finally,

I like you a great deal joj. Seriously. You are extraordinarily bright and have made some wonderful contributions here and your liberal views are exactly what we need to counter the dominant conservative ones. We need guys like you here and with these particular views, including those in this post. It's wonderful  because its how you feel.

It also allows me to respond with my  side in a respectful way. This is how respectful disagreements or debates if you want to call them should be.

I  am ending with something that I have also posted umpteen times here. If you know anything about me, you know that I am for love, integrity, compassion, honesty and science.

It's why I have stated that if(when) Trump is defeated, I will not be upset(actually, I've dialed that likelihood in to my expectations). The historical hatred and divisiveness will hopefully diminish after that. 

Yes, he is to blame for much of it obviously because of his easy to hate personality(that I detest but just don't hate him) but his supporters don't do that much hating. Hate is what defines those that oppose Trump, many display traits very similar to him ironically(definitely NOT your traits joj or I would not like you so much).

Hate is what is destroying this country right now.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/50115/

Hate is the most destructive emotion of all.

"It will cause you to lower and violate the  previous standards that you set for yourself for ethical behavior and honestly because this emotion drives you to hurt the person that you hate more than those  previous standards cause you to follow the truth and be objective...............and act professionally, with integrity. 

It will cause you to do and say things that are harmful to you and your reputation when the hate becomes neurotic because you become so obsessed with harming the hated person that rational thinking no longer applies.

Your interpretation of circumstances involving the hated person becomes so blatantly skewed  that the hoped for endpoint in every realm is always for them to be hurt. 

Hate blackens the heart and soul of the hater. It can ruin personal relationships and ironically, more often than not destroys the hater, not the target of their hatred.

This emotion drives the thoughts of many people when it comes to any issue involving President Trump."

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

By joj - Aug. 3, 2020, 7:24 p.m.
Like Reply

"You TDS types continue to be blinded by hate."

And you say that I mischaracterize you.

Thanks.

You think I'm smart and you like me?  But I am blinded by hate.  How can you know what is in my heart?

If that was a post to welcome me back, it failed with your personal insult towards me that you have zero proof of.

By mcfarm - Aug. 3, 2020, 8:31 p.m.
Like Reply

JOJ, the "data" has been really thin through this entire covid mess. Maybe you did not hear the bit about those being tested were advised to answer "NO" when asked if they had been to a protest. Also there is a lag time between the protest and the test. Seems reasonable that many had left the area for the next "event" and that leads to the question of those very same protestors spreading the virus all over hell's half acre. And then throw in that daily occurrence of just about any death being declared a covid death, including I believe a motorcycle accident. Seems reasonable that Fauci should declare what is true and factual that protests are large dangerous gatherings that spread the virus. Why is that so much to ask and warn about? Yes politics, there ya go.

By metmike - Aug. 4, 2020, 12:37 a.m.
Like Reply

I apologize joj!

By wglassfo - Aug. 4, 2020, 12:23 p.m.
Like Reply

Has anybody considered Sweden may have got this virus thing as close to being right as anybody

They did not listen to Fauci

By joj - Aug. 4, 2020, 2:49 p.m.
Like Reply

Sweden did not shut down the economy.  But they did WEAR MASKS!!

Stop the obsession with Fauci.  It is not to late to stop being stupid.  This virus might be around for a while.  Hopefully the vaccine will save the day, but hope is not a wise game plan.  

By TimNew - Aug. 5, 2020, 3:01 a.m.
Like Reply

In the final analysis,  that's right JOJ.   You can blame anyone you want, you can beg the government for a fascist lockdown, which would do far more harm than good, or you can take some personal responsibility,  which, IMO is the exact right thing to do.

Personally,  I can't come up with a good argument against wearing a mask in public settings.  I certainly would if I could.   I'm sure you know that.   But there doesn't seem to be one, assuming there is no medical condition that causes problems,  in which case,  you probably ought to be avoiding the public anyway.   

Along with the mask, some common sense.  Wash hands regularly (I keep both a mask and hand sanitizer in my car),  keep your distance as much as possible.  That's how "We the people" can beat this.  It's what  "they the people" in Sweden did.   And anyone who once again wants to rely on the government to lead us to the promised land...  Well, all I can say is if they haven't learned yet,   they likely never will.

By joj - Aug. 5, 2020, 5:09 a.m.
Like Reply

Of course personal responsibility is a virtue.  But leadership would make a huge difference.

The 35% base that believes everything Trump says and says anything else to the contrary is fake news.  They would forgive him for shooting someone in broad daylight.  They would follow his lead if he would just give it.  They need his leadership.  WE need his leadership.   If Trump would rally them to the cause, what an immense difference that would make.  Governor Cuomo, who botched things out of the gate, immediately turned around, started telling people the hard truth, and his approval ratings went through the roof.

"We have nothing to fear, but fear itself"  -  Roosevelt

"I have nothing to offer but blood, sweat and tears......We shall never surrender."  -  Churchill

"It will magically go away."  -  Trump

By mcfarm - Aug. 5, 2020, 7:16 a.m.
Like Reply

couple quotes you might of missed joj...

"I forced nursing homes to take covid patients and killed thousands"  Cuomo...but he had no fear for the msm's had him on a pedestal from the start

"I need thousands of ventilators and tons of ppe" Cuomo....turns out he lied again and again all the while whining the feds should take of him .... which  they {Trump} most certainly did

By metmike - Aug. 5, 2020, 10:27 a.m.
Like Reply

"Stop the obsession with Fauci."

I agree strongly joj!

One side is obsessing with Fauci.................the other side has been obsessing with Trump(X10) for 3+ years.

And they both recognize clearly..............what THE OTHER side is doing.