WxFollowers posts
14 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Aug. 12, 2020, 10:57 p.m.

Larry,

In order to preserve the integrity of MarketForum and allow you to self destruct at the same time ,  I've created an appropriate threat just for you.

Like we do with "weather" natural gas, exports, crop ratings and all other topics. 

From now on, please put posts like this in this thread.

Others are very welcome to comment.

Comments
By metmike - Aug. 12, 2020, 11 p.m.
Like Reply

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/57425/

Re: Re: Re: you were warned            

By metmike - Aug. 12, 2020, 10:39 p.m.            

Larry wants to demonstrate to us how somebody can wreck their credibility and not get along with other people because they disagree with them(and hate Trump) and give the moderator a few chuckles at the same time:

Should we call Trump the  Antichrist?            

Started by WxFollower - Aug. 12, 2020, 10:14 p.m.            

“Should we call Donald Trump ‘Antichrist”?

“I think it appropriate that reasonable people of faith begin to refer to Trump as antichrist.“:

https://www.abc.net.au/religion/stephen-long-should-we-call-trump-antichrist/12335450

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Evidence that Obama is the Antichrist             

Started by WxFollower - Aug. 12, 2020, 10:22 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/57510/

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

End times very near?            

Started by WxFollower - Aug. 12, 2020, 9:33 p.m.      

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Re: Re: Re: Re: you were warned            

By metmike - Aug. 12, 2020, 10:52 p.m.            

Just to let Larry know, in order to protect the integrity of MarketForum, he is welcome to post like this but I will need to create a specific thread for his posts............like we did for the Trump bashing posts for 5 months last year and like we do for all the other sfuff..........NG thread, Weather thread, Exports, Crop conditions and so on.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Not Trump or Obama, Biden is Antichrist!            

Started by WxFollower - Aug. 12, 2020, 10:51 p.m.                                                    

This article makes a very compelling case that Biden rather than Trump or Obama is the Antichrist:

“In hell, Biden met Satan while Biden was undergoing satanic brain surgery to fix what was broken inside of him (his spirit and according to rumors, his “mojo”). Satan told Biden that he would easily be the next President of America because of his charisma and “go-getter” attitude could stop the unstoppable Trump. Then they held a ritual which caused a volcano in Iceland to erupt and prevent me from going to my flight to Ireland for almost two weeks. That volcano was a sign of things worse to come.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/bullshitnews.org/2020/04/19/joe-biden-is-the-anti-christ/amp

By WxFollower - Aug. 12, 2020, 11:09 p.m.
Like Reply

Bye bye folks. It was an interesting 20 years going back to the INO forum when coffee was threatened with a freeze and Susan (RIP), Susannah, Mike, Cofco, Office Boy, and myself discussed  it. And now it ends.

By metmike - Aug. 12, 2020, 11:19 p.m.
Like Reply

Bye Bye Larry!

Maybe after Trump is defeated in November your hatred for Trump will diminish enough so  that you will be able to tolerate and get along with other people that don't hate Trump. 

By WxFollower - Aug. 12, 2020, 11:25 p.m.
Like Reply

Pointing out fake news has nothing to do with not getting along with said poster. I don’t tolerate proliferation of fake news. It is killing the credibility here. I’m all about truth and integrity. Don’t expect me to ever come back in any form.

By metmike - Aug. 12, 2020, 11:39 p.m.
Like Reply

Bye Larry!

Wxfollower (me) decided to end posting at all of Marketforum after 20 years            

Started by WxFollower - Aug. 12, 2020, 11:21 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/57524/

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

you were warned            

22 responses |              

Started by mcfarm - Aug. 11, 2020, 10:31 a.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/57425/

By metmike - Aug. 12, 2020, 11:45 p.m.
Like Reply

I almost forgot about this silly post from earlier in the day.

Trump in danger? He may be going into hiding soon            

Started by WxFollower - Aug. 12, 2020, 11:49 a.m.            

Trump may be in danger and may even go into hiding soon. Wow!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kWJTojawdq8

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++     

Good stuff to remember Larry by?

Sadly not but people make their own choices and pick their own words and we give them the freedom to express that here.

By mcfarm - Aug. 13, 2020, 7:52 a.m.
Like Reply

Dear MM and wx. I never knew any of this happened last nite. Again, I never would post anything fake here purposely. As a joke, yes over and over but it has always been easily recognized as such. I don't want Wx to leave over this silly incident. I think he is one smart and worthy poster, unless of course which direction our country should go, and then we part ways quickly.

That is the strange part. If people with differences cannot debate without playing the victim there is not going to be much debate. Anyway, just wanted to ask Wx to reconsider because I want no part in this. MM bends over backwards trying to be the umpire here and who wants his job? I am glad he has the job and is very good in the position.

By metmike - Aug. 13, 2020, 11:21 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks mcfarm,

Very well stated.  Thank you. 

We should not judge Larry over this. He has a sick brother that he's taking care of that's adding to his stress.  

If he showed up out of nowhere and acted like this..............then it would be hard to see him as anything else(even if it didn't really define a person that we didn't know).

But we do know a different Larry that has made massive contributions to MarketForum over the many years that he has been here. 

Larry, I have learned is a very passionate guy, like me. When he feels  strongly about something, he feels VERY, VERY strongly about it. That is an attribute in many venues but can hinder us when the appropriate position is compromising or seeing the other persons view/tolerance.

Despite his firm resignation yesterday, he is welcome back, along with me erasing his crazy posting from our history if thats what he wishes.

I would prefer this option more for him, than for us. 

By metmike - Aug. 13, 2020, 11:25 a.m.
Like Reply

Wxfollower (me) decided to end posting at all of Marketforum after 20 years            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/57524/                          

Started by WxFollower - Aug. 12, 2020, 11:21 p.m.            

This deserves its own thread due to my longevity. All things eventually come to an end. I have decided to end posting at all of Marketforum. It has been an interesting 20 years going back to the coffee freezes of 2000, when MetMike, Susan (RIP), Suzannah (where did she go??), Office Boy, Cofco, Nagual and others had high quality, intense discussions about the threat to Brazilian coffee and the trading implications/opportunities at the INO forum.  Good luck to Mike as Moderator, a tough job for no pay. I couldn’t do it well and would never try it.

Also, I want to make note of Alex (RIP), who made Marketforum what it was after it originated from INO. Without him, there may never have been a Marketforum.

My last few threads were sarcasm of sorts to show my frustration with the infestation of BS posts in the NTR forum. I can’t handle it here anymore. Mike works hard at the tough and no pay job of Marketforum. But alas it is still not good enough. The BS, outside of Mike’s many excellent daily thread series as well as other longterm Mike threads such as on Covid, is rampant in numerous fake news based threads. 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Re: Wxfollower (me) decided to end posting at all of Marketforum            

By metmike - Aug. 12, 2020, 11:30 p.m.            

Good luck Larry!

After finding out that you are taking care of your sick brother I respect you for that and will remember that and the positive things and contributions that you made here over the past 20 years.

I wish (and tried) I could help you with your hatred for Trump and intolerance of non Trump haters but hope, that after he is defeated, your rage will diminish. 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Re: Re: Wxfollower (me) decided to end posting at all of Marketforum            

By WxFollower - Aug. 12, 2020, 11:42 p.m.            

Thanks, Mike. He’s in the hospital with his 7th UTI over the last 12 months and 3rd over the last month. Due to Covid related restrictions, I can’t be there with him. But I talk to him several times a day and he’s doing much better/should soon be released.

And I will always have enormous respect for you being a great son to your dear father. And of course your numerous high quality TR posts, especially those that address wx and for no charge at that!

By GunterK - Aug. 13, 2020, 12:34 p.m.
Like Reply

Hi wxfollowr,

I hope your brother gets well soon, and I admire you for what you do to make it easier for him.

By cutworm - Aug. 13, 2020, 2:58 p.m.
Like Reply

"Mike works hard at the tough and no pay job of Marketforum."

CW I agree

"But alas it is still not good enough."

CW   I can't express how much I disagree.

I think that Mike has done very well at trying to keep it  civil, factual, in-depth, and yet allow differing ideas to be  discussed. 

I for 1 thank him for his work!

By metmike - Aug. 13, 2020, 5:08 p.m.
Like Reply

cutworm,

Thanks very much for the kind words.

I have high standards for MarketForum and that includes not censuring things that I disagree with(actually encouraging them) and being VERY tolerant of posters that repeat anything here that is incorrect but do it sincerely because they believe it. 

If it's wrong but they believe it, the proper action is to show them why its wrong.....prove it and enlighten them with  knowledge using kindness..... not chastise them because you knew more than they did about it. 

When others attack or hurt you/us, the natural tendency is to want to respond in kind.  Not many of us think about disarming  the attack with kindness in the middle of feeling hurt. 

Trying to develop more skill at doing this has helped me to be a better person. 

I rarely get any responses to my "this day in history" or "how to make the world a better place" or "quote of the day" posts but I know that others read this and even though the objective has always been for others to gain something positive from coming here........it's like the well know phrase "If you really want to  learn something............teach it!

In the last 2 years, I've learned more about history (and other things) than the previous 40 years, just from looking for interesting topics for others to learn from here.

Turns out that I'm the one benefiting the most. The most rewarding things that we get in life, usually took some effort to acquire.  I find it a pain in the butt at times to spend hours here doing weather and natural gas and other posts(even while I enjoy it even more) and at other times addictively draining away much  time everyday with epistles like this one........ that might be used productively at home.   

On the other hand, its been like a free, self taught education. Kids go to college to get a general degree and pay, what $100,000 for it? My MarketForum education, that has also included trying to understand other human beings and applying that to managing human relationships has been free!!!

If You Want To Learn Something, Teach It

https://allisonmaruska.com/2016/01/21/if-you-want-to-learn-something-teach-it/

teach to learn

By metmike - Aug. 13, 2020, 5:37 p.m.
Like Reply

One of the biggest bonus's being here is making friends with dozens of interesting people......especially from the land of crop production!

By metmike - Aug. 13, 2020, 9:04 p.m.
Like Reply

One amazing but sad rock solid fact is that the reason for many that are  no longer here posting, is that they either could not stand to interact with people that don’t hate trump like they do or they came here only to make vicious, offensive attacks on people that support trump........internet predators/trolls. 

You have already seen my posts on how hate destroys relationships and people. 

It’s ripping our country apart right now.