Fauci stands up for Trump
3 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Sept. 11, 2020, 7:19 p.m.

Fauci responds to Woodward reporting on Trump: ‘I don’t recall that at all’

https://nypost.com/2020/09/09/fauci-responds-to-woodward-reporting-on-trump-i-dont-recall-that-at-all/

"Dr. Anthony Fauci on Wednesday shot down journalist Bob Woodward’s reporting that he once said President Trump was “unfocused in meetings” and that “his sole purpose is to get re-elected” — saying he doesn’t “recall that at all.”

Fauci, the administration’s top infectious diseases expert, was quoted in Woodward’s new book, “Rage,” as disparaging the president’s “rudderless” leadership and saying his “attention span is like a minus number.”

“If you notice, it was ‘others’ who have said that. You should ask ‘others.’ I don’t recall that at all,” Fauci told Fox News correspondent John Roberts.

“I didn’t read the book, but according to what I saw in the newspapers, it said, ‘others have said that.’ ”

Roberts then clarified, “So you would question that account, then?” to which Fauci responded, “Yeah, yeah.”

Fauci also denied Woodward’s claims that Trump was purposely downplaying the threat of the coronavirus pandemic.

“I didn’t get any sense that he was distorting anything. In my discussions with him, they were always straightforward about the concerns that we had,” Fauci said."

Comments
By mcfarm - Sept. 11, 2020, 7:39 p.m.
Like Reply

I am sorry to feel this way but having Fauci's endorsement at this late date is not a great asset. Fauci has been wrong as often as anyone about this virus and the aids epidemic and is a bureaucrat who has over stayed his position. Trump had many, many named sources deny those allegations and the press ran to Fauci hoping to get more "hair on fire" ammo against Trump. trump has stuck with him but somehow I think it was because he would have taken too much heat if he had rid himself of Fauci

By cutworm - Sept. 12, 2020, 7:53 a.m.
Like Reply

Even though I disagree with Fauci on some issues. I believe his testimony on this. Even criminals sometimes tell the truth. JMHO 

By mcfarm - Sept. 12, 2020, 1:48 p.m.
Like Reply

cutworm, I believe him on this also