2 LA County deputies ambushed
6 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Sept. 13, 2020, 11:42 p.m.

2 LA County deputies 'fighting for their lives' after ambush shooting; Search for suspect underway

Two Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department deputies were shot at a Metro station in Compton Saturday evening, officials say.

https://abc7.com/la-deputies-shot-los-angeles-shooting-compton-ambush/6420532/

Comments
By metmike - Sept. 13, 2020, 11:45 p.m.
Like Reply

Protesters show up at LA hospital treating ambushed cops, yell 'I hope they f------ die'

'Y'all gonna die one by one,' a man could be heard shouting

https://www.foxnews.com/us/protesters-hospital-los-angeles-sheriffs-deputies-ambushed

A local faith leader who was at the hospital told a KABC reporter that the protesters tried to get into the emergency room.

"They were saying 'Death to the police' and 'Kill the police,' and these are sheriffs, but the message is still the same. They were using all types of curse words and derogatory terms," he told KABC. "Unacceptable behavior, because a hospital should be a sanctuary."

By metmike - Sept. 13, 2020, 11:51 p.m.
Like Reply

Using statistics to lie and smear cops            

19 responses |   

Started by metmike - June 12, 2020, 7:48 p.m.    

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/53752/

By metmike - Sept. 14, 2020, midnight
Like Reply

Police officers killed surge 28% this year and some point to civil unrest and those looking to exploit it

https://abcnews.go.com/US/police-officers-killed-surge-28-year-point-civil/story?id=71773405

While the sample size is small and a multitude of factors come into play in each situation, some experts say that an anti-police sentiment helps embolden offenders.

Maria "Maki" Haberfeld, a professor of police science at John Jay College of Criminal Justice in New York, said while she cannot definitively say that the increase in police officer slayings are related to the mass protests or the increase in anti-police rhetoric by demonstrators and politicians alike, police have become "scapegoats" for broader anger.

"Going out on the street and directing violence to somebody who represents the government, because police are an arm of the government, is the easiest thing to do," Haberfeld said. “There is a constant search for the scapegoat for whatever is happening in the society and the scapegoat ends up being law enforcement regardless of what it is that people have grievances about."

And Don Mihalek, a retired senior Secret Service agent and an ABC News contributor, said it is more than coincidental that the spike in police slayings has occurred during this tumultuous time in which hostilities have been aimed at law enforcement personnel.

“Any time the anti-police rhetoric heats up, it sends a message that it’s open season on law enforcement. We saw it in 2016 and we're seeing it now," Mihalek said.

By mcfarm - Sept. 14, 2020, 10:21 a.m.
Like Reply

this sad story of the 2 policemen being ambushed should once and for all time separate the social justice movement and BLM. They are 2 different matters and if the movement does not get it by now its probably too late anyway. Marxists wanting to end capitalism and totally remaking our culture is an abomination.

By metmike - Sept. 14, 2020, 8:33 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks mcfarm,

People like Biden, framing all of our cops as racists have caused this problem. 

Biden suggests white people don’t get pulled over by police

https://conservativeeditionnews.com/biden-suggests-white-people-dont-get-pulled-over-by-police/

"Black student to Democrat Joe Biden: “If I were your daughter, what advice would you give me the next time I am stopped by the police?” Biden response: “If you were my daughter, you’d be a Caucasian girl and you wouldn't be pulled over”

Robby Starbuck@robbystarbuck

"What a disgusting answer from Joe Biden. I was unaware that white girls are allowed to speed, get intoxicated while driving or break other laws on the road without consequences but that’s apparently what @JoeBiden believes. He’s VILE for framing our heroic police as racists."

Kevin@ksjones2013

As an ex:cop for 23 plus years, @JoeBiden's statement offends me & I can speak for most cops that his comments were stupid, ignorant, WRONG, and pandering! I pulled over 10 times more whites than blacks & Hispanics! Joe is an IDIOT!! 

Deplorable Cathi@cathibrgnr58

@joebiden I am a white Woman and I have been pulled over by the Police many times in the past for speeding.  I was speeding and got a ticket, being a white woman made no difference but I did learn my lesson and haven't had a ticket in 10 years.

metmike: When I was a boy/young man growing up in Detroit, I was quite a mischief maker. By the time I was 18, I was brought home by the cops or they came to our house because of something I did 7 times. I should have pointed out the color of my skin to the police, so that my poor parents didn't have to be subjected to this (-:

By metmike - Sept. 15, 2020, 2:47 a.m.
Like Reply

Biden condemns 'violence directed against police' after two LA deputies shot, North Carolina officer killed

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/516227-biden-condemns-violence-directed-against-police-after-two-la-deputies-shot

"Democratic presidential nominee on Sunday Joe Biden condemned violence directed at law enforcement after two Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department deputies were shot and critically wounded and a deputy in North Carolina was killed.
Biden called the attacks “absolutely unconscionable” and said they “bring only greater violence, injustice, and grief to a nation in desperate need of healing.”
“Brave officers who pin on the shield carry a sacred responsibility and make an extraordinary sacrifice. Just as they owe it to the American people to protect and serve with honor, restraint, and accountability, Americans owe it to them to lessen the needless danger of their inherently dangerous jobs,” Biden said.
“Acts of lawlessness and violence directed against police officers are unacceptable, outrageous, and entirely counterproductive to the pursuit of greater peace and justice in America — as are the actions of those who cheer such attacks on. Those who perpetrate these crimes must be brought to justice, and, if convicted, face the full brunt of the law,” the Democrat added."

metmike: This is more like it Joe!