Trump Hates Democracy
4 responses | 1 like
Started by joj - Sept. 26, 2020, 7:12 a.m.

The great George Washington was so beloved by his countrymen that many wanted him to be president for life.  But he established the tradition that is the bedrock of democracy.  The peaceful transfer of power.

Trump is the first president in the 240 year history of the republic to challenge that tradition.  And lest his apologists chalk this up to "just Trump being Trump",  he also said "The only way I could lose the election is if it is rigged."  (political opposition is essentially unacceptable). Yet another step in his effort to tear this country into pieces.  Also, the only president who has made no effort to unite the country.

I understand that the Trump cult would stand by him.  In fact, more troubling, I fear tearing the country apart might be what they want.  (not every Trump voter but a lot of them).  What I cannot understand is how the independent voter wouldn't be horrified by these moves.

Finally, I used think that defeating Trump would repair our country from the divisive damage that he has wrought.  I now see that it doesn't matter if he wins or loses.  He plans to tear it all down either way.

Comments
By TimNew - Sept. 26, 2020, 7:39 a.m.
Like Reply

Funny thing about that.  The founding fathers hated democracy too, which is why they gave us a constitutional republic,  which, ironically,  the left hates.

Trump may be over confident in his chances of winning, even with the dems campaigning as hard as they are for him, but this mail in campaign by the dems is a pretty obvious attempt to rig the election,  and if you listen to what he actually said...      He never said he would not stand by the results.  He just has serious, and IMO legitimate, concerns over the mail in campaign,  which is demonstrably a flawed process.

Hillary, on the other hand.....

By mcfarm - Sept. 26, 2020, 7:43 a.m.
Like Reply

really am confused and very frustrated here with this silly non starter of a topic. So as the usual, atleast 2 dem libs refused to accept election results. The fat racist from Georgia and Hil. So now the libs have claimed it was Trump all along but of course with no evidence other than the msm passing fake news....again...by the way we also have Hil giving Biden advice to not accept the results so where exactly do you get off joj?

By metmike - Sept. 26, 2020, 11:21 a.m.
Like Reply

Appreciate your thoughts joj............keep them coming so we can discuss them more.

"I understand that the Trump cult would stand by him.  In fact, more troubling, I fear tearing the country apart might be what they want.  (not every Trump voter but a lot of them)."

It's always fun to see somebody try to absurdly suggest the negative motives of the  belief system that defines their party, based irrefutably by actions in the real world..........accuse the other side of doing exactly what they are doing.

As if the objective of the far left is not a cultural revolution that, by definition destroys this country. 

As if the protesting and rioting is being done by people on the right.

As if the most patriotic people in this country that want law and order the most and for the country destroying chaos to go away are not on the right. 

Great real world story about this.

We live in sw Indiana which is pretty pro Trump. After her 30 minute drive home several weeks ago, my wife, Deb told me she noticed alot of Biden signs on people's lawns but no Trump signs. Then she said, "I think people are afraid of what might happen to them if they put a Trump sign up but  I noticed alot of American flags too and all those people are for Trump"

Welcome to the REAL world joj! Not the one the Democrats manufacture. 

By GunterK - Sept. 26, 2020, 12:33 p.m.
Like Reply

I am a bit worried about the election outcome also. This election could tear the country and the democratic process to pieces.

Although, I see it from a different angle than joj... 

What if Trump wins????

In addition to Mr and Mrs Clinton, other politicians have advised Biden to not concede, under any circumstance. ( wasn't it Alinsky who recommended to accuse your opponent of the misdeeds you are planning to do? ). 

It seems, plans have already been made to remove Trump from the WH, should he win

And there have already been recorded conversations of campaign staffers talking about burning down cities across the US.

In other words, the end of the democratic process.

In case you are paying close attention to the current events (not what you hear on the MSM), it is quite clear, the current anarchy is steadily increasing. These so called "peaceful protests" are becoming more intense, and more violent.

There is planning and organization behind all of this. The question is "who?", and what is their goal?