Emissions cars
4 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - Oct. 9, 2020, 7:04 p.m.

What is an emission free car

I assume most people would think electric cars, such as Ca legislated for 2025

Has anybody thought about the emissions released to make electricity

Will the electric cars be made in Nevada

And where will Ca find all this extra electricity

I could  go on but I am already confused

Comments
By metmike - Oct. 9, 2020, 11 p.m.
Like Reply

Wayne,

Most of the electricity that is generated to charge the batteries of electric cars today comes from fossil fuels.........burning coal and natural gas at power plants.

Only a small fraction of that electricity comes from solar and wind today.

In 2035, solar and wind power will not be anywhere close to being able to replace fossil fuels that we burn for residential and industrial needs today.

But we are being told that they will not only do that but they will also make all the electricity needed to power cars and replace the combustion engine that burns gasoline, an abundant, cheap, reliable and power packed fuel with well developed distribution dynamics.

This is not possible!

And at the same time............generate millions of jobs and stimulate the economy.

And at the same time...........provide cheap, clean energy.

And at the same time.........save the planet. 

This is made up. 

The sad thing is that we are actually having a climate optimum for life and the CO2 emissions are not damaging the climate, they have rescued life from dangerously low levels of that beneficial gas.

This is why the planet is massively greening up.

Those threatened polar bears have increased in numbers by 30% since 2005. 

Millions of acres of solar panels and wind turbines(that kills birds/bats) to replace something that is greening up the planet? That's the real pollution!

Things are pretty messed up. 

GreenNewDeal-cornethanol: Good bye cornethanol, Hello $2 corn prices again....$5 soybeans/supply gluts/ August 2019

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/38089/

Renewable vs fossil fuels: Diffuse solar vs dense fossil fuels. Benefits of CO2. September 2019

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/39321/

Another secret about fossil fuels: Haber Bosch process-fertilizers feeding the planet using natural gas-doubling food production/crop yields. September 2019

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/39215/

Renewable energy:  When can it replace fossil fuels? August 2019

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/35846/

Sanders Touts $16 Trillion Climate Plan: Anti Science Bernie = the complete opposite of the truth! August 2019

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/37437/

By wglassfo - Oct. 10, 2020, 9:40 p.m.
Like Reply

I often wonder how many people really believe the green deal is possible

I know a lot of people believe the planet is in trouble

But the Green Deal???

Except for the MSM I don't hear many people talking about Green energy and electric cars, becoming the majority of cars sold

Yes some buy electric cars

But really??

I have an idea the majority of people are not buying into the green deal with millions of jobs etc

JMHO but I think people don't want to speak up and challenge the idea

By TimNew - Oct. 11, 2020, 7:13 a.m.
Like Reply

JMHO but I think people don't want to speak up and challenge the idea

i think there's a lot of that going around.  Liberals become extremely shrill and unpleasant when confronted with dissenting opinion and a lot of people are no longer willing to subject themselves to the verbal (and potentially other) assault.  But they still express themselves at the voting booth.

By metmike - Oct. 12, 2020, 9:30 p.m.
Like Reply

The West Intends Energy Suicide: Will It Succeed?

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2020/10/11/the-west-intends-energy-suicide-will-it-succeed/

"Let me now turn to the example of Germany itself”.  In an analysis of 126 countries using purchasing power-adjusted data, Germany ranks 16th in the international ranking (the highest in Europe) in household electricity prices. Most of the countries with even higher prices are crisis-ridden developing countries such as such as Rwanda, Sierra Leone and Burkina Faso where some people cannot afford electricity at all or in isolated island countries such as Vanuatu, the Cook Islands, and Tonga. According to data for March 2020, the electricity price for households in Germany was $0.38 per kilowatt-hour (kWh), compared to $0.15 for US households, $0.17 for Sweden, $0.21 for France and $0.26 in the UK. 

Germany has felled thousands of acres of its ancient Teutonic forests and threatens its endangered species of birds and bats in its sacrifice at the altar of the Green God by consecrating thousands of windmill crucifixes with arms made of petroleum-based glass-fiber-reinforced epoxy or polyester resins and made in furnaces fuelled by natural gas, its motors need rare earths such as dysprosium, neodymium and praseodymium which are extracted using fossil fuels. Windmills are constructed on thousands of tons of reinforced concrete towers with cement and steel manufactured in intensive fossil fuel-powered factories. Most disturbingly, the leading German newsmagazine Der Spiegel found that in 2014, 17% of all German households live in poverty due to an “energy cost explosion”. Since then, in the Green-propelled rush to shut down its nuclear reactors, natural gas-fuelled power and coal power plants, average electricity prices for a three-person household have risen by almost 68%  over the last 15 years.

Let’s turn to another leading example of societal suicide. This is California – sometimes referred to in a decidedly non-humorous fashion by over-taxed and beleaguered small businesses as the People’s Republic of California — run exclusively by the Democratic party for decades. According to engineer Ronald Stein, “California’s green crusade direction and actions are increasing the costs of electricity and fuels which guarantees growth of the homeless, poverty, and welfare populations, and further fuels (no pun intended) the housing affordability crisis.”

California, the world’s fifth largest economy, now imports most of its crude oil from overseas (since the extraction of its ample local oil resources are practically banned) and it imports nearly a third of its electricity from neighbouring states (since nuclear and natural gas-fuelled power plants are progressively shutdown by legislation). Between 2011 and 2017, California’s electricity prices rose five times faster than they did nationally and now Californians pay 60 percent more, on average, than the rest of the nation, for residential, commercial and industrial electricity.  With rolling power blackouts, it has accorded itself a third world status. Indeed it seems the state has anticipated the advice proffered by the notable Rutgers University professor of anthropology.

In a remarkable moment of candour, Governor Gavin Newsom said in mid-August that the state’s transition away from fossil fuels is a contributing factor to the state’s rolling blackouts. The elimination of fossil fuel products and the shift to solar power, windmills and other forms of green energy has led to what Newsom called “gaps” in the energy grid’s reliability. To top it off, the Governor signed an executive order on September 23 banning the sale of new gasoline-powered vehicles within 15 years to cut down on air pollution and reach the state’s goals for reductions in greenhouse gas emissions. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) delivered this common sense verdict to the Green Governor: “California’s record of rolling blackouts – unprecedented in size and scope – coupled with recent requests to neighboring states for power begs the question of how you expect to run an electric car fleet that will come with significant increases in electricity demand, when you can’t even keep the lights on today.”