Interesting Story from Johns Hopkins Analyst on Covid Numbers.
4 responses | 0 likes
Started by TimNew - Dec. 6, 2020, 1:11 p.m.

Johns Hopkins University academic: CDC data shows COVID hasn’t increased US death rate | News | Lifesitenews

Hence, according to Dr. Briand, “the COVID-19 death toll is misleading…deaths due to heart diseases, respiratory diseases, influenza and pneumonia may instead be recategorized as being due to COVID-19.”

In the weeks in April with the highest reported number of deaths, the rise in COVID deaths almost exactly mirrored the decrease in the leading causes of deaths.

Comments
By metmike - Dec. 6, 2020, 2:45 p.m.
Like Reply

Tim,

I never believe anything like this on the internet or social media or MSM without checking the numbers myself.

This lady is full of doo doo!!

Excess mortality during the Coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19)

https://ourworldindata.org/excess-mortality-covid

By metmike - Dec. 6, 2020, 3:01 p.m.
Like Reply

Here is what I think this lady did, cherry picking/using dishonest statistics. 

If you look at the graph above, you see the massive spike higher in early April, followed by a plunge down just as steep.  Note in her chart below, that she only picked those weeks, that captured the plunge lower in late April and compared them to earlier in April when, for a brief period there was an extreme anomaly in deaths that only applied briefly, during that period possibly related to the dynamics in how deaths were reported and the timing of them being reported. Not sure on what caused it but its possible that alot of deaths from other causes were getting listed as COVID. 

Regardless, excess deaths have been consistently higher this year and its from COVID.

You show me more than the change in week 2 and change in week 3 for evidence and I will believe it.

There have been 30+ other weeks since COVID started. Where are they?

By cutworm - Dec. 7, 2020, 9:31 a.m.
Like Reply

U.S. Death Rate 1950-2020 | MacroTrends

This chart shows the death currently to be 8.88/ 1000 for 2020.

The death rate was as low as 8.159 in 2013.

The death rate has been rising since 2013

The death rate is lower than anytime before 1979    but has been climbing since 2013

EDIT; I have no faith in the future projection on this chart 

By metmike - Dec. 7, 2020, noon
Like Reply

Thanks much cutworm!

You are a man that knows data!