10 million dollars to Pakistan for "gender equality"
11 responses | 0 likes
Started by mcfarm - Dec. 22, 2020, 9:04 a.m.

that is just 1 example of what our leader have decided to do with our tax money after fighting for 6 months over this joke of a virus relief bill

Comments
By wglassfo - Dec. 22, 2020, 12:33 p.m.
Like Reply

There is a post on the forum "Trump is losing his mind"

Rand Paul asked if you want to give out free money why stop at 600, why not 20,000

My addition of thoughts to  Paul and others in your country and mine

You gave billions to other countries. Why?? Do you know why???  

And you question Trump ???

Fauci has emerged as the modern dictator with his vassals doing his bidding for no good reason, except the greatest social experiment foisted on modern man kind

One state had the back bone to enter a locked legislature and demand changes against lock downs. There will be a revolution against dictators, that take  away our freedom to choose our own agenda, When I don't know but it is coming. You can smell it in the air. Us country folk are experts on weather and the changes weather makes

People don't wear a N-95 mask and yet they huddle in fear. Well some won't huddle in fear. Trump is the greater of all who voted for the 2.3 trillion bill  with no idea of how much pork they voted for

Many  huddle together like sheep and accept free money. Those who don't qualify for free money are faced with debts that will never be re-paid. The Fed said it wanted inflation. Well we will have inflation. Most of the world has gone mad

And you have the nerve to ask if Trump has lost his mind

Your leaders, my friend, who voted on a bill they did not read, have gone stark raving mad

This bill makes Trump look like a saint

Trump will sign the bill

He did not craft the bill

6 pubs voted against the bill. Did any Dems vote against the bill???

The bill was veto proof, Trump has to sign

Who is the greater fool

This should  add another 1.00/bu to our grain in storage

Yes our farm will make out like bandits this yr as will many other farms

And you my friend will transfer your wealth to my bank acct

I will gladly take your money and you did not even have the choice to dis-agree with a transfer of wealth into my bank acct

Think about that for a while my friend

This is more than you and your vendetta against Trump

This is your money going into my bank acct because my assets suddenly became worth much more and you will pay me.

Who has lost their mind?? 

By GunterK - Dec. 22, 2020, 2:05 p.m.
Like Reply

10 mill to Pakistan for gender equality....

that's a good one!

another good one:

130 million to Nepal... to promote democracy.

Yeah.. show 'em how to run a good election! 

How many Dominion machines can they buy with this money?

Sudan also got some of that relief package as well as Egypt, Israel, Ukraine and others

By GunterK - Dec. 22, 2020, 9:14 p.m.
Like Reply

I am sorry for my last comment.

This is not funny!!!!

The country is in shambles, and Congress sends money to fix gender issues in Pakistan and other far-away places. American citizens are starving and worrying about being homeless,  and Congress does this incredible stunt?!?!?!

For decades, the USA has given people in need, around the globe, a helping hand. The USA was able to do so, because the USA was strong.. Right now, the USA is struggling to stay alive. Right now, the USA must do everything possible to survive, to be strong again. When the USA is strong again, it will help others again, like it always has.

This is not the time, to do stunts like this!

Obviously, our politicians don't care about the People. We need a government that says "right now, America first"

By mcfarm - Dec. 22, 2020, 10:11 p.m.
Like Reply

looks like Trump, the last sane man left in Dc will veto this mess of a covid bill......good for him.....and then those lions in the senate with all the bravery of the spaghetti spines can gather will over ride and claim they are saving the country

By TimNew - Dec. 23, 2020, 5:01 a.m.
Like Reply

Obviously, our politicians don't care about the People. We need a government that says "right now, America first"

We had one..   Or more accurately, have one for a few more days.  But you see,  we've learned that talk like that above? It's racist and xenophobic. You don't want to be "racist and xenophobic" do you?

Besides,  for a mere few hundred, perhaps a few thousand a year,  you are making men like Joe Biden and his family rich beyond their wildest dreams.  And as we've seen,  these are otherwise very very incompetent people.

By mcfarm - Dec. 23, 2020, 8:37 a.m.
Like Reply

what are you saying Tim? 600 dollars is different than 10's of millions from foreign countrys after serving 47 years on the gov dole? Both seem to be perfectly legal nowadays with our new constitution that pretends we have no laws

By wglassfo - Dec. 23, 2020, 10:35 a.m.
Like Reply

As I understand your history and please correct me if I am wrong as you should know more about your country than I do

As the early settlers pushed westward territories slowly  joined the union and were called states of the union

Then some states did not agree with centralized power and the civil war resulted. The union prevailed under one central power

Then the country cast about for a singular authority to settle disputes amongst the states who differed with another state or the union, as nobody wanted another civil war

This power was given to the Supreme Court as the law of the land in all constitutional matters including states disagreements as there was no other authority short of presidential power

Since the elected officials did not want a presidential dictator, 9 members of the Supreme Court were given the power to rule on keeping the union intact with 9 people deciding what the authority for a centralized union vs individual states who disagreed

This might be taxation or abortion or matters that the people disagreed one vs another. Nobody thought much about states rights, or the people within the states challenging the supreme Court after a decision??? This was the law of the land and if you broke the law you were punished

However, when the Supreme Court refused to hear the election arguments  presented, whether they be right or wrong, giving as a reason states rights or no standing, the Supreme Court abdicated it's authority to rule on states who disagreed with a central power or the union as it was called during the civil war

So: Now that you have no central power over states rights with authority to rule on states who disagree with the central power of the union, there is no legal method to stop a state, region or what ever to become independent of the central power of the union

This could lead to the break up of the country as the blue and red states go their own way

By wglassfo - Dec. 23, 2020, 10:45 a.m.
Like Reply

I should add why I posted the above in this thread

This bill was approved by a majority, as most are decided one way or another, by a seperation of powers

What happens if the pubs and Dems have a knock down disagreement, serious enough to consider leaving the union, with no legit higher power and living under their own rules

By jmk - Dec. 23, 2020, 8:18 p.m.
Like Reply

Can someone please tell me why someone doesn't name the names of the people who put this crap into bills. If Congressmen knew the people would know when they pulled something like this it would change. Someone told me it was in rules to keep names out of bills. Surely I have the right to know who put in dollars for Pakistan etc. The news media is always reporting on stupid things in bills but never the person who put it in them. 

By metmike - Dec. 23, 2020, 9:09 p.m.
Like Reply

US Congress clears $25 million for democracy, gender programmes in Pakistan

The US Congress on Tuesday approved USD 25 million civilian aid package for Pakistan to strengthen democracy and promote women's rights in the South Asian country

https://www.business-standard.com/article/international/us-congress-clears-25-million-for-democracy-gender-programmes-in-pakistan-120122201575_1.html

The US Congresson Tuesday approved USD 25 million civilian aid package for Pakistanto strengthen democracy and promote women's rights in the South Asian country.

The USD 25 million provision, reflecting revival of civilian aid package to Pakistanthat was stopped by US President Donald Trump in January 2018 along with all security assistance, because of its non-cooperation in fight against terrorism, is part of the massive USD 2.3 trillion bill, that includes long-delayed coronavirus relief (USD 900 billion) and fund the government USD 1.4 trillion, passed by the Congress on Tuesday.

Trump's daughter-in-law Lara Trump has opposed to such a provision, while one of the prime movers of such an aid to PakistanSenator Lindsay Graham argued that it was important to make life better for women in Pakistan.

The legislation, running into more than 5,500 pages, which now heads to the White House for President Trump to sign it into law, makes available a minimum of USD 15 million in assistance to Pakistan "for democracy programs" and USD 10 million "for gender programs."

Appearing on Fox News, Senator Graham justified the move.

"Pakistan is a place I really worry about. Eighty-five countries a woman can't open up a bank account without her husband's signature. She can't inherit property. If you're a young girl in Pakistan life is pretty tough. So we're trying to make life better for women throughout the world," he said.

Lara, in an interview to Fox News, expressed her outrage at such provisions in the bill that has been passed by the Congress, which among other things gives USD 600 per citizens as part of the COVID-19 relief package.

"USD 1.4 billion to Asia Reassurance Initiative Act. I don't even think anybody knows what that is. The USD 10 million to gender studies in Pakistan. USD 700 million to Sudan. How does that help Americans? How does that help us get out of this? And I think it's very frustrating to people all around this country. I think they're really glad to get the USD 600, but they probably could have gotten a lot more if we weren't giving so much money away," she said.

Congressman Chip Ry, who opposed the bill said: "it throws billions at foreign aid, including gender programs in Pakistan to the tune of USD 10 million."

The bill doubles down on many failed Democrat policies, giving special interests billions of dollars in perks, while giving fellow Americans a paltry payment of only USD 600, said Republican Congressman Matt Gaetz.

'America's struggling workers should be prioritized over gender-specific programs in Pakistan or anti-narcotics programs in Bruma, or money for Ukraine (all of which are funded in this bill)," he said.

"Congress should get the economy open in America before getting gender programs funded in Pakistan. The Uniparty that writes these bills is America Last to the core," Gaetz tweeted.

"I predict the day our country's finances collapse, we will still be funding 'gender programs in Pakistan," he said.

"Tonight's COVID relief/stimulus bill has no less than USD 10 million for said programmes attached to it," Congressman Thomas Massie said in a tweet.

"When your country's COVID-19 relief bill includes USD 10 million in 'gender programs' for Pakistan, you know Congress is broken," tweeted in-coming Congresswoman Lauren Boebert.

By metmike - Dec. 23, 2020, 9:31 p.m.
Like Reply

Related to this:

Trump throws a monkey wrench into things...            

10 responses |           

Started by joj - Dec. 23, 2020, 3:37 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/63219/

Trump is Losing His Mind            

14 responses |          

Started by joj - Dec. 21, 2020, 7:36 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/63116/