Some things don't seem fair
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - Dec. 29, 2020, 1:16 a.m.

Today we had to go to a clinic. One of the down sides of getting older, you see more doctors and nurses

Any way on the way home we did a couple errands which is hard with total lock down, but any way we found some stores open for some groceries

Drove by store after store with closed signs but there they were. A stteady stream of cars and the parking lot almost full at Wall Mart

No wonder  people are angry at the unfairness of who benefits and who loses by an arbitrary ruling with no way to argue your position

Lots of stores won't last much longer with rent taxes etc expenses and no revenue

Totally unfair with winners and losers. Competition is one thing but to stand by helpless and watch those people go into Wall Mart really hurts Mom and Pop

If everybody shared the pain that would be one thing but to see a line up of cars coming out of Wall Mart is disgusting

We found a corner variety, as if they care about our small purchase

I seem to be in rant mode lately

Comments
By 7475 - Dec. 29, 2020, 7:21 a.m.
Like Reply

Wayne

How does your government justify the favoritism to your public?

Or do they bother?

Do they site "essential"vs "non-essential"?

Do they claim the Walmarts sanitize better than the mom n pops?

Just curious

John

By wglassfo - Dec. 29, 2020, 2:45 p.m.
Like Reply

We are in total lock down in Ontario Canada. But we have essential services allowed to continue operations. On our farm we are considered essential as we grow food. The food chain supply route is considered essential, from start to grocery store. Wall Mart sells food so they are open. But: they do not rope of the rest of the store which is what many of us consider unfair. Strangely, Home Depot was open. Why?? I do not know

Our grand daughter works at a pet shop where they do surgery etc. I expect the animal supporters had some thing to say about pet care, so she works a full week

But, most if not all small business, such as beauty salons, clothing, furniture etc is closed. If you want any thing to do with motor vechicle lic plates, renewal etc you have to make an appointment. Can't just walk in wearing a mask, which also seems strange. If your roof springs a leak, or a window is broken I don't know what a person can do

I called my doctor for medication and they answered so I am guessing medical services are essential

Mfg. for Ag products is considered essential, I suppose as this ties in with food production

Most  people buy on line which is a great advantage to those business types. You pay in advance and the parcel arrives at your door. That is why thieves are grabbing the parcels, before you know it has arrived. just follow the delivery truck and grab all kinds of stuff. but if you want to take a chance, go buy it on line.

To be honest we get most of our information from the nightly TV press release by our provincial premier, which seems sort of stupid but that is what it is

Edit to add: My sister-in-law will receive a vaccination, this week, as her mother is in some sort of home and she is considered essential as a care giver. Our country has a higher rate of people willing to be vaccinated than your country. I think we are at 60% willing and expect that number to increase. Of coarse the vaccination costs us nothing, out of pocket