FBI probe into possible pre-planned Captiol Riot...
13 responses | 2 likes
Started by TimNew - Jan. 14, 2021, 7:09 a.m.

Just amazing that Trump had such an intricate plan to incite a riot all while asking for peaceful protest.  If only he'd used all that power for good.

Investigators pursuing signs US Capitol riot was planned - CNNPolitics

(CNN)Evidence uncovered so far, including weapons and tactics seen on surveillance video, suggests a level of planning that has led investigators to believe the attack on the US Capitol was not just a protest that spiraled out of control, a federal law enforcement official says.

Among the evidence the FBI is examining are indications that some participants at the Trump rally at the Ellipse, outside the White House, left the event early, perhaps to retrieve items to be used in the assault on the Capitol.

Comments
By mcfarm - Jan. 14, 2021, 7:17 a.m.
Like Reply

and  now we hear that the participants left the speech before the Trump even opened his mouth. Wow these terrorists are just like facebook and twitter they can divine Trumps words and know exactly what to do and when to do it. Sure is odd how much people think they know versus later when facts finally make the news on page 30 in small print with an half ass apology.

By TimNew - Jan. 14, 2021, 8:35 a.m.
Like Reply

Just read an article labeling it a "White Supremacist Coup Attempt on the Nations Captiol"...  Don't know whether to laugh or throw up.

This is your America folks.   I hope you like what's coming.

By joj - Jan. 14, 2021, 9:48 a.m.
Like Reply

Of course Trump didn't plan this.  But they couldn't have pulled it off without his help.

First a lie about a rigged election in 2016 if he lost.  (It wasn't rigged)

Then a lie about the only way he would lose in 2020 was if it was rigged.  (It wasn't)

Then 50+ losing cases in court, most of which were slapped down by Republican judges.

Then the seditious attempt to overturn the legal election after all avenues of legal challenges were exhausted.

Then the failed attempt to get Pence to break the law and throw out the electors.

Then rile up the crowds with: 

"Come down for the rally/march on Jan 6th.  It's going to be wild."

"We're going to fight like hell."

If I were a loony right wing terrorist, knowing I would get 10s of thousands of angry protesters behind me I would see the window of opportunity wide open too.  Duh!!

Trump is responsible, even though you advocate for no consequences.

By TimNew - Jan. 14, 2021, 10:04 a.m.
Like Reply

He has been impeached for inciting a riot that appears to have been planned before he ahd a chance to speak.  THAT WAS THE SUBJECT OF THE IMPEACHMENT!!!.  His speech incitied a riot.

By TimNew - Jan. 14, 2021, 10:28 a.m.
Like Reply

Of course, there was no time to examine available facts or wait for new ones.  Since when should we have all the facts or anything resembling an investigation to launch an impeachment effort?  TRUMP NEEDS TO GO, that's all we need to know.

Forget what he actually said or what actually happened.  He spoke,  people rioted. End of story!!!!

Lovely precendent.   No witnesses,  no real data.  Barely any testimony. It really streamlines the impeachment process, which is how all of our justice should be metted.  Swift and uncertain.

I see a bright future for America!!   

By joj - Jan. 14, 2021, 12:06 p.m.
Like Reply

Hard for me to see a bright future for America when folks are advocating for Trump to face no consequences for attempting sedition in broad daylight.  Did he, or did he not, refuse to accept the legal rulings against him?

By TimNew - Jan. 14, 2021, 12:22 p.m.
Like Reply

Hard for me to see a bright future for America when folks are advocating for Trump to face no consequences for attempting sedition in broad daylight.  Did he, or did he not, refuse to accept the legal rulings against him?

Don't throw words around if you aren't sure what they mean.  Attempted sedition?   Cite his specific act(s) that meets the definition.  Rejecting, or more apt, disagreeing with legal rulings against himself is not sedition. 

But if you are more focused on specious offenses by Trump than you are on the perversion of the constitution, due process,  etc,   you are looking in all the wrong places. 

By GunterK - Jan. 14, 2021, 2:32 p.m.
Like Reply

i have been reading about this "set up" for several days now.... multiple eye witnesses..."conspiracy theorists' spoke of "false flag" operation. Apparently, preparations were made to make this a much more horrific event than what actually happened... 

This FBI report seems to confirm these earlier "theories"

So, who did the "planning"?

This goes beyond simple MAGA people who wanted to show their dislike of a "stolen election"

It also goes beyond what Antifa people usually do.

An entity much more powerful....

I can guess...

By mcfarm - Jan. 14, 2021, 2:58 p.m.
Like Reply

evrn funnier Gunter lots of the planning took place where? Well on facebook, so what did facebook do...well Ban Trumps and his peaceful protestors

also herd  tremendous speech from the floor by a CA congressman. he explains the situation so well even a lib would understand it all. The his name was crocker or something, did not catch it but it was worth hearing esp if you are a confused lib.

By metmike - Jan. 14, 2021, 7 p.m.
Like Reply

I agree that several things made it worse and maybe trump used verbiage at times that asked for peaceful protesting but it doesn’t change the the only reason that we got here.

President trump not only would not concede, he vehemently accused the other side of stealing the election armed with ZERO legit evidence.

But he had ammo that was even more powerful than legit evidence in motivating his most loyal supporters to act. Those who believed him over the facts......

........WORDS!

Words matter!

Give us a president Trump that concedes after exhausting his legal challenges and uses the truth to describe the election to his supporters and we get a peaceful outcome 100 out of 100 times!

By TimNew - Jan. 15, 2021, 2:46 a.m.
Like Reply

Yes,  if you read the minds of the rioters and ignore what was actually said,  you can possibly draw the conclusion that Trump is responsible...   If you really really try.

But the impeachment was because of his speech the day of the riot, and the riot that occured during and after it.

But as we have reached the "facts don't matter" stage of our national evoltion,  your argument is perfectly plausible.

By mcfarm - Jan. 15, 2021, 8:26 a.m.
Like Reply

MM I an very sorry to compare what you are doing to what facebook and twitter and libs in general do,,,,,they divine peoples words and turn them into whatever they want to believe. Just listen to most all of the foolish speeches in congress discussing not facts but what then want to be facts in this second impeachments......see any similarities to the first?

By mcfarm - Jan. 15, 2021, 2:13 p.m.
Like Reply