McConnell
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - Jan. 19, 2021, 2:37 p.m.

So what do you folks think about McConnell encouraging senate pubs to join in an impeachment of Trump

To me this looks like more pile on. People who would not consider impeachment as the lone person breaking ranks with their party, will suddenly become brave in the mob senerio where it is very easy to join in the mob mentality

I also did not know, but if Trump is impeached he is stripped of any security that all past presidents are entitled to receive. 

My wife and myself visited the Bush 11 ranch where he lived after his term was completed. There was a guard shack at the back entrance to his ranch. A little used dirt trail is all it was, but a guard shack with dark windows watching us and warning signs to go no further. We did not go to the front as we thought that would be a bit much with all the security

If impeached Trump is a sitting duck for any wacko for target practice. He might have some personal protection paid out of his pocket but nobody can provide security like the secret service can do. He will get nothing

Now don't you think there is a limit to this pile on thing, and a bit of class is needed???

It is as if some just can't do enough. 1st it was an effort to see who could call him a Nazi or worse. Now it seems as if the Dems almost want to see him dead. There has to be some respect for a past president. Even after the civil war, the defeated were treated better than what is happening today. At least the prisoners were released and told they could go home with nobody chasing them. Many did not accept defeat easily but the country did it's best to show some respect to the defeated

The world is watching and you folks want to play politics as if this is some kind of game of tit for tat

What a banana republic

Comments
Re: McConnell
0 likes
By mcfarm - Jan. 19, 2021, 3:33 p.m.
Like Reply

you think that is a sight, did you hear the idiot congressman from NY this morning actually questioning the troops stationed outside the capitol. He says they might be conservatives and secretly laying in wait to organize their attack. Actually said they need to be vetted. I guess just wearing a uniform and risking ones life to defend this country is just not good enough for the common lib anymore. You have to bow down and take an oath at the alter of crazies and swear you are not a conservative, don't hang out with conservatives, in fact conservatives are sub human and should all be shuttled off to interment camps to be  de-programmed. Sound s made up doesn't? Well its not and all those words and worse have been used in the last week. Great way to form unity isn't it?

Oh, don't worry shortly there after both biden and harris came out and condemned those awful words.......no....of course they did not. Damn makes a guy so proud on the eve of inauguration.

By TimNew - Jan. 20, 2021, 4:04 a.m.
Like Reply

A 2/3 vote in the senate is required for an impeachment.  It's not going to happen.   It's all political theater and anyone paying attention,  including McConnell, knows it. Not sure what he hopes to gain,   but I am sure he knows.