couple of charts to watch
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by mcfarm - Jan. 26, 2021, 6:07 p.m.

https://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=976727&mid=8783763#M8783763......don't know where we are headed but so far these charts are kind of eerie

Comments
By wglassfo - Jan. 26, 2021, 9:31 p.m.
Like Reply

Hi mcfarm

I think there was some comment about china importing a large amount of their corn needs from Ukraine

I think Ukraine had a less than average 2020 corn crop and have stopped exports to keep domestic needs supplied

Thus perhaps the reason why china is buying from USA sources as you folks have some supply, maybe not a huge amount but more than most

Add in the possibility china has more hogs today than 1 yr ago and china is scooping up corn and beans, some wheat from any place

I posted as long ago as last summer [after I sold deferred contracts of course] that china would be wanting feed grains

China does not admit much but you had to know they had massive flooding when the Three Gorges Dam was thought to be in danger from all the water. Well that water had to have flooded a lot of crops plus video of spoiled grain in storage. They still use flat storage on a lot of farms and the flooding spoiled the grain. Then locusts attacked what crop they did have and it seemed to me china would be in the market for grain

I Goggled about china 2020 crop and there was not very much but enough to make me think China would need grain. Sadly I sold most of 2020 production but have stopped when I decided china would need grain this yr and probably next yr

Next yr mostly because the SA Safrina corn will be less than normal crop due to late planting and we have to break the NA drought. If USA July crops are good then all bets are off

I could be wrong but that is what the tea leaves tell me

By metmike - Jan. 27, 2021, 1:07 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks mcfarm!

I moved this to the trading forum for you!