Bank of America on Tucker Carlson
8 responses | 0 likes
Started by mcfarm - Feb. 5, 2021, 4:17 p.m.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13958445/tucker-carlson-bank-america-al-qaeda-fbi-capitol-rioters/   if this betrayal of our constitution does get your blood pressure up you have already conceded and should be very embarrassed

Comments
By mcfarmer - Feb. 5, 2021, 5:05 p.m.
Like Reply

I’d be interested in having you point to the part of the constitution that has been so grievously  violated.

Sounds like good police work to me, more of the same needs to be done. This cancer needs rooted out.

A little research: “Under the 1970 Bank Secrecy Act, financial institutions are required to cooperate with law enforcement to detect money laundering, terrorist financing and other criminal acts.”

The ”Patriot Act” also requires banks to cooperate.

Certainly seems appropriate.

By mcfarm - Feb. 5, 2021, 5:14 p.m.
Like Reply

dude, did ya get load of the question parameter? Did you shop near DC..Did you travel near Maryland? And the damn bank felt obligated to turn over some our most private information....of course they were fishing for Trump voters but what the hell, our new SOD s busy going thru the rolls to find more Isis members disguised as Trump voters...if you are such an idealog to not see the inequities in all this there is not help for you and there is no wonder Wisconsin is always so screwed up. And you are the guy bragging to Tim how well you knew the constitution? Holy crap, Lord help us

By cutworm - Feb. 5, 2021, 5:44 p.m.
Like Reply

This is a fishing expedition. The courts have ruled that this kind of search violates the 4th amendment. There is no probable cause.

Fourth Amendment

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

By cutworm - Feb. 5, 2021, 5:54 p.m.
Like Reply

I think the 4th amendment Trumps the 1970 Bank Secrecy Act and The ”Patriot Act” 

By mcfarmer - Feb. 5, 2021, 6:42 p.m.
Like Reply

“I think the 4th amendment Trumps the 1970 Bank Secrecy Act and The ”Patriot Act” ”

Then the courts will decide. 

I imagine the two mentioned laws have been challenged at one point and found constitutional. I don’t know for certain however. 

A friend of our family is a FBI Special Agent, they are the most meticulous folks. I would doubt they would taint an investigation by gathering information that would subsequently result in the evidence being disallowed.

More power to them.

By mcfarmer - Feb. 5, 2021, 7:52 p.m.
Like Reply

“dude, did ya get load of the question parameter? Did you shop near DC..Did you travel near Maryland? And the damn bank felt obligated to turn over some our most private information....of course they were fishing for Trump voters but what the hell, our new SOD s busy going thur the rolls to find more Isis members disguised as Trump voters...if you are such an idealog to not see the inequities in all this there is not help for you and there is no wonder Wisconsin is always so screwed up. And you are the guy bragging to Tim how well you knew the constitution? Holy crap, Lord help us”

You know talk like that is below most folks, evidently not all. What happened to the idea of attacking ideas, not people ?

Some time ago Mike wondered why didn’t more folks without extreme right views participate. Well Mike, you need look no further. Distasteful.

By mcfarm - Feb. 5, 2021, 10:41 p.m.
Like Reply

"sounds like good police work"... that would be great police work in Russia but we have these pesky little things called due process, warrants, search and seizure judicial process in our country.

By the way since you left that door wide open what about racial profiling? Sounds like good police work, gotta root that cancer out, right?

By TimNew - Feb. 6, 2021, 5:31 a.m.
Like Reply

After watching the testimony of Strzok et al,  I am no longer so convinced of the FBI's integrity. As far as Banking and the Patriot act,   Banks are required to make a stringent effort to identify their customers.  They've also been required to report transactrions above certain amounts,  particularly in cash.  I can't begin to understand how that could justify BOA turning all of their customers data over to the FBI simply because they happened to be in DC at any particular time.  Assuming the facts in the story are correct,  this clearly flies in the face of the letter and intent of the 4th and I hope it's treated as such.

Sadly,  we see many instances where such actions are no longer taken.